Sportsound Watch

On 11/05/2020 at 18:37, Lebowski said:

And if they hadn't released the results of the vote at the deadline there would have been even more autistic screeching from Gorgie and Govan.

Let's say they said nothing except all votes hadn't been received. They would then have approached the three clubs to ask if they could expect to receive a vote from them. By not releasing the result it would have been entirely obvious what had happened to anyone involved. Everyone knew how everyone else was voting pretty much. Dundee would have ended up in exactly the same position, except there would have been no visibility of it which would have had the conspiracy theorists going off their nut.

Get a f****** grip.

36 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

What time was Dave Cormack told the Dons' vote didn't matter?

Cant remember the specific time, but Doncaster was asked this exact question by Richard G on Sportsound.

He said that - as he was calling DC back on the other matter that Aberdeen had been speaking to the SPFL on - the subject (not unnaturally) came up, and Doncaster confirmed that the required numbers in the Premiership had already been reached so Aberdeens vote was basically irrelevant from then on in.

He was very open about it, I suspect this was one of the "smoking gun" questions that Tom English had banked on and it turned out to be a big pile of nothing.

12 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

Just listened to today's podcast. f**k me Tom English loves the sound of his own voice.

He has lost the plot. Yes there may be things folk are not happy with, but he has failed as a journalist, whose job is to "report" news, or if you get fed information, take that and investigate it. You don't just take what your told as gospel,any journalist worth their salt knows there is 3 side to a story the one you've been told, the other side's story & the truth. 

Unfortunately Tom has taken what he's been fed as the only truth, ignored evidence from other sources and now shouting down and ignoring what doesn't fit his agenda. If he had done his job properly, we would be discussing a story of the procedural errors etc of the SPFL workings over this. It would have been done and dusted. Unfortunately with all the shite and half assed bollocks he's coming away with its lost. Totally buried under the flame fanning he's doing.

@BonniePrinceCharlie you down voted this, fair dos everyone is entitled to their opinion,I resect that. But any chance you could debate and tell me where you think I'm wrong, from a Scottish football perspective, not a "I don't want to play championship football" persective?

2 hours ago, The DA said:

Most screaming weans grow up eventually.  I thought that, at 8 years old, The Rangers might have grown out of that stage.

I’d give it a little longer.  Maybe two or three hundred years.  Then again I. An optimist.

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

To be fair, Budge has been quite successful in business.

What she's not so great at is running a football club. 

I could probably stretch the list of people who fit that description to a 200 page dossier.

Hard headed business people lose all sense of perspective when they get involved in a football club that they are fans of.

7 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

@BonniePrinceCharlie you down voted this, fair dos everyone is entitled to their opinion,I resect that. But any chance you could debate and tell me where you think I'm wrong, from a Scottish football perspective, not a "I don't want to play championship football" persective?

I wouldn't bother, it's somebody's dotting account, hasn't posted since last July.

56 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

What time was Dave Cormack told the Dons' vote didn't matter?

17 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Cant remember the specific time, but Doncaster was asked this exact question by Richard G on Sportsound.

He said that - as he was calling DC back on the other matter that Aberdeen had been speaking to the SPFL on - the subject (not unnaturally) came up, and Doncaster confirmed that the required numbers in the Premiership had already been reached so Aberdeens vote was basically irrelevant from then on in.

He was very open about it, I suspect this was one of the "smoking gun" questions that Tom English had banked on and it turned out to be a big pile of nothing.

It was 4:40 pm apparently

"He was then asked if he'd been intending to vote no before the phone call arrived at 4.40pm."

Link

Edited by capt_oats

26 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

He runs around the forum red dotting everything negative to Hearts - plus everything I post 🤣

According to the latest Rangers statement “the status quo cannot hold” and “the need for change will not diminish”. Despite my personal dislike of this particular club, I cannot disagree with those sentiments. What I would ask, however, is what changes are Rangers willing to make in an effort to move forward?
During the administration/liquidation/readmission to Scottish Football saga, there were instances where, to any fair minded individual, it appeared that the football authorities were looking for any opportunity to kick Rangers. But if there is to be any progress Rangers have to move on and stop nurturing their message that “We are Rangers and everybody hates us”. They seem to revel in their increasing pariah status. Their PR outpourings (and I’m aware of the recent changes with Jim Traynor moving on) are appalling and seemingly only intended to appease the Neanderthal minority within their support, leaving their many decent fans embarrassed.

Since an element of those associated with Rangers cannot move on from 1690, what chance is there of moving on from the events of 2012?

15 minutes ago, Sursum Semper said:

According to the latest Rangers statement “the status quo cannot hold” and “the need for change will not diminish”. Despite my personal dislike of this particular club, I cannot disagree with those sentiments. What I would ask, however, is what changes are Rangers willing to make in an effort to move forward?
During the administration/liquidation/readmission to Scottish Football saga, there were instances where, to any fair minded individual, it appeared that the football authorities were looking for any opportunity to kick Rangers. But if there is to be any progress Rangers have to move on and stop nurturing their message that “We are Rangers and everybody hates us”. They seem to revel in their increasing pariah status. Their PR outpourings (and I’m aware of the recent changes with Jim Traynor moving on) are appalling and seemingly only intended to appease the Neanderthal minority within their support, leaving their many decent fans embarrassed.

Since an element of those associated with Rangers cannot move on from 1690, what chance is there of moving on from the events of 2012?

What?! They wanted to usher them straight in to the top tier and, when that didn't work, the second tier.

When that didn't work they were allowed to skip the queue for admission to the bottom tier, despite lacking in some of the criteria.

The authorities were absolutely behind helping this new club as much as they could, and remain deeply sycophantic towards them.

Also the neanderthal element of Sevco's support is not the minority; it's absolutely the majority, and a very large majority.

2 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

I don't think the pundits are permitted to use Ann Budge's name without prefixing it with 'successful businesses woman'. 

Just a pity "successful business woman, but a bit shit at running a football club with stand palava, managerial fuckups and signing policy akin to 50p on the table, winner stays on" is a bit of a mouthful!!

25 minutes ago, Sursum Semper said:

84B9ECEC-09BC-435B-979F-437B5CA8F71F.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Ric said:

I take the point, more just giving the context.

Yes, appreciate that.

(At least you didn't call me a "dinosaur", or tell me to "ask the grandkids".)

I've just listened to Monday's Sportsound. Both Stewart Regan and Charlie Adam still insisting that the Premiership has to be played to a finish. Charlie Adam says that we should wait to see what England do. Regan says that Germany and England are going to finish their leagues so why can't we. Just a pair of havering half wits when it comes to football. 

29 minutes ago, Green Day said:

He runs around the forum red dotting everything negative to Hearts - plus everything I post 🤣

A P&B nemesis, I might have to post sensible comments in nonsensical arguments more often & I might get my own! 😆