Sportsound Watch

4 minutes ago, I am Partacus said:

Why not? If the clubs' were relegated in truly exceptional circumstances, why shouldn't they receive an exceptional one-off payment from clubs who have benifitted?

I mean the organisation as a whole, not individual clubs.

12 minutes ago, the philosopher said:

Great  suggestion there - if Hearts, Partick &  Stranraer to be relegated -  due to the exceptional corona virus circumstances  they should all be given some compensation package.

Nope.

2 minutes ago, I am Partacus said:

Why not? If the clubs' were relegated in truly exceptional circumstances, why shouldn't they receive an exceptional one-off payment from clubs who have benifitted?

Because then almost every single club could make some sort of claim. It could be Falkirk saying they could have won the league to give them compensation. East Fife could say they could have won the playoffs so give them compensation.

Stirling Albion could say they could have got a play off place, so compensation please. My club could say they could have finished 5th so compensation please.

And so on.

In addition, giving relegated clubs a tranche of cash is unfair to the other teams in the leagues they'll be in next season. I thought sporting integrity was their thing?

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The guy’s called Leslie as well. Which is funny.

His surname sounds like Beans as well which would make it even funnier.

IMO. 

ETA plus he was charged with money laundering previously. 

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

4 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Hearts have spunked 20 odd million on a stand with one tier. Thistle were owned by a Euro Millions winner.

Is everyone else supposed to subsidise these clubs and their inarguably terrible football teams?

He put in less than a million pounds in all the years he was involved.  How much did you pay for the land your ground was built on? My previous post related to one-off payments and I get the arguments against it.