Sportsound Watch

Really enjoying listening to the preview of today's Celtic and Rangers games. Who they playing?

That's the main reason I don't listen to it on my way to games any more. Used to get the team news and a bit of chat about the days fixtures from all the divisions, etc. Now it's just those two even if they aren't playing. Stick to Paul Gambaccini on Radio 2 these days. Don't miss it at all and that's a shame.

On 21/02/2020 at 06:08, IrishBhoy said:

Billy Dodds was giving live updates from the BT Sport app on Richard Gordon’s Samsung S8, but it ran out of battery in the 60th minute. 

They pushed the boat out for us then.

Put it on the car as I went up to the game today. 25 minutes or so talking about the Rangers result on Thursday night, about their tactics and players, about stopping Ten in a Row... as good a result as that was on Wednesday, they had the Thursday show and the Friday show to talk about that then they have the evening part of the show when they play Hearts to talk about them and then the midweek Sportsound shows to talk about Ten in a Row and the Bayer Leverkusen tie. It was like there were no games being played at 3pm today.

The Rangers/Celtic obsession doesn't usually bother me but I genuinely couldn't believe how much time the interviewer spent asking Stendel about the Rangers v Leverkusen tie. Disgraceful journalism, and Stendel should have told him to beat it.

The Rangers/Celtic obsession doesn't usually bother me but I genuinely couldn't believe how much time the interviewer spent asking Stendel about the Rangers v Leverkusen tie. Disgraceful journalism, and Stendel should have told him to beat it.

I haven’t heard this but I’m riled about it just reading your post.

15 hours ago, David W said:

Exactly,  he should have been asking about the invincibles next game  in Europe. 

10 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

This commentator doing the St Johnstone vs Celtic game is quite good. He doesn’t sound like he’s 12 or Kermit the frog.

There's been a new guy doing some games - Stuart Mitchell I think? He's been doing the live SWPL games and some of the latter games on Sportscene.

On 01/03/2020 at 15:41, Savage Henry said:

This commentator doing the St Johnstone vs Celtic game is quite good. He doesn’t sound like he’s 12 or Kermit the frog.

Alasdair Lamont, who has also wrestled some live TV games away from Liam McLeod. But he’s been around for a while  

I listened to part of Aberdeen v St Mirren on the radio and it was a new voice, Jamie Lyall. Like the aforementioned Stuart Mitchell, I thought he was very good. Described what was going on without going onto long meandering stories then suddenly announcing a goal. 

This video should have been captioned with "Kenny Macintyre's descent into (further) madness".

The BBC have the audacity to warn Michael Stewart for no reason, yet still allow this guy to act like he's presenting "Sevcosound". As a presenter, he shouldn't even voice an opinion - but anything and everything to do with Sevco, he's quick to spout whatever the current fan narrative is.