Sportsound Watch

2 hours ago, Green Day said:

Yep, and the guy involved got a life ban iirc - all dealt with correctly by Hibs and Hearts exec teams who recognise that coked and bevvied up radges exist in their own supports not just "over the road"...................

You might have missed the interview Dempster gave after (one of) our bottle throwing incidents - she was absolutely raging with those responsible. I just dont see Lawell or Traynor / <insert faceless Orc executive from Rangers> reacting in anything approaching that manner, without including some point scoring pish, a la Rangers tears and snotters effort the other day.

Exactly how it should be handled really (Hibs and Hearts). 

Whereas Rangers come to Pittodrie, miss a child by a yard with a thrown vodka bottle and the majority of their online presence just decide it's a made up headline.

2 hours ago, JTS98 said:

I don't really disagree with that.

He does at least seem to love watching the football and gets right into it.

I don't think he offers much, but he's far from the worst.

But I do love the idea of Accies kicking off and one of their players picking up the ball and refusing to continue until he had explained to the watching public that "To be honest, we're really shite and you've probably wasted your money coming to see us. We charge way too much to get in and we're not a very good football team. Training was shite this week and the players are all at each other's throats as well as the gaffer's. None of us ever really imagined we'd end up playing for shite like the Accies, but here we are. Everyone ok with that? Ok. Let's continue."

Oh , dear ......😳

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Ideally not but he actually can talk about just any team in the league with decent knowledge behind him which is an improvement on most. He's further down the list of pundits needing emptied.

Even Pat Bonner would struggle to shift Chick Young from the top of that list.

Have to agree with this view as it’s annoying as feck. Similarly with Packy Bonner who cannot pronounce Tom Rogic name correctly, saying ‘Rojick’ instead of ‘Rogich’. You would think it would be easy for the BBC to rectify their ignorance.

Electroshock therapy is likely the only thing that would work on him unfortunately.

That said, I'm not totally averse to testing out that theory.

17 minutes ago, bennett said:

The BBC have him on sportsound?

Nah, you've got to be at it.

It was an interview done on the telephone rather than have him in the studio. 

Totally admonished in the court trial of 2017, of course. Glad he's doing well for himself after being conned and held up as a sacrificial lamb by Murray and his minions. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51515862

The highlights:

Q: When [Daily Record journalist] Keith Jackson described you as having "wealth off the radar" [prior to takeover], how did you react to that?

CW: I was stunned at that. I remember picking up the paper down at Victoria Station and I was amazed that I had been called a billionaire. It was only later on that day that I found out the story of what actually happened from the PR guys. But I was as surprised as anybody else.

Q: So what had happened?

CW: What had happened was that the PR guys I was using in Glasgow had been dealing with the [Daily] Record and had given him [Jackson] a profile of me and it said that my company managed more than £1bn in assets. Of course, managing the assets isn't the same as owning the assets. It's completely different. There was no question of me saying I was a billionaire, I never said that. That was just tabloid nonsense.

Q: There's always been a suggestion that your life was at risk, that there had been death threats. Genuinely, do you feel under pressure over the events that led to Rangers going bust?

CW: No, I've never felt any physical threat to me. I've walked about Glasgow and never had a problem. I still do it when I come to Scotland; I walk around Glasgow city centre and most the people I encounter are good natured.

Q: As you reflect, is there something you would change?

CW: Yes, for sure. The main thing I would've changed, if I were to go back to 2011 and do the deal again, I'd put it [the club] into administration on the first day.

Q: One emotionally very, very divisive issue, which to this day divides Scottish football, and that is are Rangers a new club? What's your view?

CW: Yes, obviously they are.

1 hour ago, The Marly said:

Nae Celtic or Sevco today. Will Sportsound be on?

I was thinking along those lines. 

Just what are they going to talk about?

The two games actually going on perhaps? Or is that too much to ask? 

20 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

The old boys network tearing into Stendel.

The way they speak about him compared to Levein is very revealing. Apart from Michael Stewart none of the old boys network on Sportsound would ever criticise Levein personally. They would criticise Hearts' performances maybe, but they would never have taken Levein apart the way they do with Stendel or tried to blame him in the way they do with Stendel. There is a real snideness and arrogance about the way they talk about him.

The way they speak about him compared to Levein is very revealing. Apart from Michael Stewart none of the old boys network on Sportsound would ever criticise Levein personally. They would criticise Hearts' performances maybe, but they would never have taken Levein apart the way they do with Stendel or tried to blame him in the way they do with Stendel. There is a real snideness and arrogance about the way they talk about him.

Well, he is a bluddy furriner after all........wot choo expect from BBC Glasgow ?

7 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

And I blame the players 100% for that. They f*cked up, not him

The guy failed to sign a single attacking player across the summer, and lined up in that game with three defensive midfielders, one of whom was clearly not fit.

I happened to catch bits of Sportsound today and "Biscuits" (I think) was getting torn into Daniel Stendel for his tactics, coaching, line ups. signings etc. Whilst I am sure some of this was justified I don't really recall the same vilification of Levein who is surely partly responsible for this shambles of a Hearts side?