Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Hes throwing out variations of it in multiple threads. I'm sure someone will get involved. Think that's at least the third one of the day.

Pretty odd to advertise and take actual pride in the fact that your political leanings are fed to you via football, but here we are....

A reflection of a group of fans that have never come to real terms with their club being wiped out. The only possible iway iit could have happened is through some conspiracy......SNP, Catholics (for the real nutters in their fan base), the Media (an absolute joke given the clear Rangers bias with key media outlets in Scotland that will punt any story out of Ibrox) .  Bennett is clearly peicing together his own 'it's all true' conspiracy of the media/racist society angle.  All targeted at Ibrox of course. It's his 9/11 

During the last midweek Premiership round, they had full commentary from Motherwell v Celtic, and only goal updates from the other games - and obviously nobody at Ibrox.

Tonight, they have commentary teams at two games that they will jump between, and goal updates from the rest. Guess which two games.

Sportsound is brilliant tonight.

Rangers, Rangers, Rangers, diddies diddies Celtic Celtic, Rangers Rangers, hearts will get pumped, Celtic to come, Rangers Rangers..................

Billy Dodds, Derek Ferguson, Paki Bonner

But why do these arsehole fans of other clubs think that the BBC is only interested in two teams? It baffles me...........

11 hours ago, Green Day said:

Sportsound is brilliant tonight.

Rangers, Rangers, Rangers, diddies diddies Celtic Celtic, Rangers Rangers, hearts will get pumped, Celtic to come, Rangers Rangers..................

Billy Dodds, Derek Ferguson, Paki Bonner

But why do these arsehole fans of other clubs think that the BBC is only interested in two teams? It baffles me...........

Following up on this point - driving home from the match last night it occurred to me that (despite some of our Rangurs chums view on him) the dropoff in quality since MS was suspended/binned has been staggering.

Last night clearly demonstrated how utterly one dimensional and hopeless some of these pundits are - we had Derek Fergusons teary eyed rant after Killie sworded his team had me almost pissing my pants in the car, loads of guff about Rangers demise, giggles about Dubai, an interview with Lennon - then I had arrived home.

Without people like MS and Tom English to hold them in check, you might as well have been listening to Super Scoreboard on weegie FM.

Brutal, just brutal.

The coverage was dreadful. I was hoping for some mini-Open All Mics which they could easily have done. Instead I got full on Celtic then Rangers coverage with the only updates from the other games being goals or red cards. No discussion on how the games were generally going or missed chances which really wouldn't have taken much effort.

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

The coverage was dreadful. I was hoping for some mini-Open All Mics which they could easily have done. Instead I got full on Celtic then Rangers coverage with the only updates from the other games being goals or red cards. No discussion on how the games were generally going or missed chances which really wouldn't have taken much effort.

Aye, it smacks of

"f**k Motherwell and Livi outperforming every team £ for £ on budgets, but lets concentrate on how an ex England International is making a cock of having a huge budget at Ranjurs"

They have no sense of what makes halfway decent analysis and as for Richard Gordon, he has been phoning it in for years now.

Where is Michael Stewart FFS ?

If we don't get an explanation for the extension to this 'short suspension' or he isn't reinstated soon - then Sportsound, which I've listened to since I was a young lad, is dead to me.

I think messrs Gordon, McIntyre and Cosgrove need to take a stand here and go on strike.

Edited by tarapoa

If we don't get an explanation for the extension to this 'short suspension' or he isn't reinstated soon - then Sportsound, which I've listened to since I was a young lad, is dead to me.
I think messrs Gordon, McIntyre and Cosgrove need to take a stand here and go on strike.

Okay, boomer.

Just listened to the podcast there, absolutely dreadful. Said it before but none of them are capable of any type of thought/discussion that veers away from cliche fitba man chat. You could genuinely just pull a few boys out the pub who could've had the discussions last night. 'Hearts are in trouble, Celtic looking rampant, Rangers have fallen away since the break' and that was basically it.  I'm glad they have ex pros in the studio to point these things out, as i'd never have noticed that Celtic maybe have a winning mentality and that Rangers maybe don't. 

Michael Stewart could get a bit much now and then but it's becoming clear he was the only one there who was capable of providing any sort of critical discussion or insight. I think they've been largely left behind by the widespread football discussion, blogs and podcasts that you can find on the internet now. Maybe in the past when they were the only real place you'd see/hear footballing discussion, they could get away with just spouting basic nonsense, but now, where there are a fair few articulate folk discussing football elsewhere, they've been shown up for what they are. 

Edited by Fratelli

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

We should all get behind this.

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

We should demand a Statement, that's what your ment to ask for these days.