Sportsound Watch

48 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I have no idea why people listen to sportsound or super scoreboard. It's the radio equivalent of reading the football "news" in the sun or the record.

Are you still a regular caller Laurie?

11 minutes ago, Lee Van Tee said:

To be honest I don't think there's much difference between the pundits, are Allan Preston and Derek Ferguson any better than Jim Duffy or Mark Wilson? Is David Currie a better host than Gordon Duncan?

Does SSB even acknowledge life beyond the OF? SS at least does that, albeit not much beyond the bigger clubs. I find the OF nauseating and will switch off either mentally or physically, mood depending, if that's the chat. There's not even any point switching on SSB in that case. IMO! I don't listen midweek at all to either.

Edited by cmontheloknow

On 09/02/2020 at 09:00, kingjoey said:

Dearie me, you’re seriously playing the racial card here? Morelos cheats, dives, kicks out, nips, tries his very best to get opposing players sent off, and is one of the worst human beings,on the pitch, in Scotland. He has an equal at Rangers though  in Alan McGregor, and, unless I’m very much mistaken, he’s white.

Top class victim blaming there.  Looks like a young Celtic fan has been charged with racially abusing Morelos and the club has issued a statement (natch) which includes:

Now that the Police have charged an individual with racially abusing Alfredo Morelos at the Old Firm game on 29 December, it is necessary to state yet again that racist abuse, indeed abuse of any form, must never be condoned or dismissed.
Perhaps now some people will take a long and honest look at themselves and who knows, they might even apologise, but all of this serves only to make Rangers even more committed to our Everyone Anyone campaign. We will not stop or slow our efforts to make Ibrox a place open and welcoming to all.

Finally, Rangers would be more than happy to accommodate the young person involved in this latest incident on one of our courses designed to help people understand why racist and sectarian abuse is unacceptable. Indeed, if any of those journalists/pundits who got it so badly wrong would like to attend we’d also welcome and help them.

Shall I get you booked on a course?  Looks like you could  do with a wee bit of awareness.

29 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Top class victim blaming there.  Looks like a young Celtic fan has been charged with racially abusing Morelos and the club has issued a statement (natch) which includes:

Now that the Police have charged an individual with racially abusing Alfredo Morelos at the Old Firm game on 29 December, it is necessary to state yet again that racist abuse, indeed abuse of any form, must never be condoned or dismissed.
Perhaps now some people will take a long and honest look at themselves and who knows, they might even apologise, but all of this serves only to make Rangers even more committed to our Everyone Anyone campaign. We will not stop or slow our efforts to make Ibrox a place open and welcoming to all.

Finally, Rangers would be more than happy to accommodate the young person involved in this latest incident on one of our courses designed to help people understand why racist and sectarian abuse is unacceptable. Indeed, if any of those journalists/pundits who got it so badly wrong would like to attend we’d also welcome and help them.

Shall I get you booked on a course?  Looks like you could  do with a wee bit of awareness.

Jabbas latest missive confirms that Stewart was right.

Treating racism and sectarianism as a game is pathetic.

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

Wow, just wow.

I'm sure Michael will apologise for his shock jock silliness and him and a few other journalists will take up Rangers offer to learn about racism awareness. 

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

Wow, just wow.

I'm sure Michael will apologise for his shock jock silliness and him and a few other journalists will take up Rangers offer to learn about racism awareness. 

There won't be any room on your awareness courses assuming you put all the "sloop John b" season ticket holders on first dickwad.

6 minutes ago, Green Day said:

There won't be any room on your awareness courses assuming you put all the "sloop John b" season ticket holders on first dickwad.

You could probably do with some awareness training too, really shocked at Scottish football's reaction to a player receiving such repugnant abuse.

18 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I noticed, after posting the above, that there's a discussion (sic) about it on the main Rangers thread.  Best not clog this thread up with anything more about the idiot Stewart. 

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

You could probably do with some awareness training too, really shocked at Scottish football's reaction to a player receiving such repugnant abuse.

Abuse of one player by that laddie is indefensible.

But your clubs deflection is pathetic.

What's your thoughts on virtually your entire support singing sectarian songs every single match?

1 hour ago, Lee Van Tee said:

To be honest I don't think there's much difference between the pundits, are Allan Preston and Derek Ferguson any better than Jim Duffy or Mark Wilson? Is David Currie a better host than Gordon Duncan?

I don’t know who Gordon Duncan is, but David Currie has never been better than anyone at anything.

46 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I know that I shouldn’t rise to this, but I can’t stop myself. I’m sure that you realise this as you are most certainly on the wind up, but if you read my post again, the point that I’m making is that Morelos is detested by football fans in Scotland for everything that he gets up to on the pitch. For most, but obviously not all as proved by today’s criminal charge, no other reason whatsoever. I also pointed out that Alan McGregor, Rangers caucasian goalkeeper, is disliked as much as Morelos by these same football fans in Scotland. 

To be clear, I detest racism in any of its forms, and anyone who has abused Morelos because of the colour of his skin, deserves everything that is coming to them. Unfortunately, in recent times Morelos, Scott Sinclair and Shay Logan have been abused in Scotland because of the colour of their skin, and all these occasions are detestable. 

This is a similar argument put up by Celtic fans a few years ago where they tried to convince everyone that all of the abuse that Neil Lennon received was because he was a catholic.

5 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Abuse of one player by that laddie is indefensible.

But your clubs deflection is pathetic.

What's your thoughts on virtually your entire support singing sectarian songs every single match?

Deflection, what deflection?  The club are quite right too highlight what sections of the media were irresponsibly printing and broadcasting. 

Sectarianism needs to be left in the past, it shouldn't be tolerated.