Sportsound Watch

2 hours ago, bennett said:

What a state to get yourself into, what a state....

Edit...

We apologise to James Traynor for the discussion on Sportsound last night it was not fair and balanced and he did not have the opportunity to respond and on this occasion we did not adhere to our editorial values and standards and we have reminded those concerned of their responsibilities to follow our guidelines while working for the BBC

You could say the exact same about what they said regarding stendel and mcphee (or the countless others). Neither were there on sportsound to give a balanced view or defend themselves but were never given an apology

3 minutes ago, greyman said:

You could say the exact same about what they said regarding stendel and mcphee (or the countless others). Neither were there on sportsound to give a balanced view or defend themselves but were never given an apology

I don't know what they said about the hearts guys so I can't make a comparison with the comments. 

Sportsound would rather have ex-Orcs on talking shite.

Charlie Adam on a new signing. “Excellent player, quality signing, he’ll get 20 odd goals in the SPFL”

When questioned by, oh wait, Michael Stewart on what the proof was of the opinion (there it is folks MS asking for the pesky proof again)

Adam replies - “what do you mean Michael he must be good, he played for Roma”

The guy was so shite, he’s no longer there, hardly played and haven’t the slightest clue who he was.

9 hours ago, Darren said:

When did the Daly Record get bought over by the Mail?

This story will keep going now that it seems Sky don't understand spanish and just stuck any old captions in the interview. I assume the BBC won't be able to report on this unless the translator and the person who edited the video are in the studio. I for one am going to take great pleasure in listening in to the BBC's coverage of Scottish football and writing in to the editorial team if they make comments on anyone without them being in the studio to respond. What a crazy position to take, they literally can't report anything now.

Although he would be cutting his nose off to spite his face in terms of stopping getting paid his salary I would love to see Stewart turn up on Sportscene next weekend and every time he is asked his opinion just simply say that because X manager or player isn’t here he would like to refrain from commenting.

Also is it not likely that a man who is in charge of a public image of one of Scotland's biggest football clubs would probably be listening to the show after a series of gaffs. Why didn't they phone him or why didn't he phone in to correct the record?

Perhaps Jim Traynor or someone else from Sevco could appear on Sportsound to defend their banning a journalist from their Stadium for reporting that Rangers Supporters had been arrested for alleged sectarian chants. They have not shown any interest in taking up the opportunity to respond since 2016.

38 minutes ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

ms.png

Outfuckingstanding. 

It looks like he's following in wee Jums footsteps,  shame .....

5 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

I remember Tom English was on S.S. once and was a bit unpleasant about John Brown as manager of Clyde ( I think ). S.S. got Brown on one of the following shows so he could respond to English

He's not old enough mate.

Jim Spence - said they were a new club

Chris McLaughlin - called out sectarian singing v Hibs

Stuart Cosgrove - used to appear regularly midweek, ridiculed Armageddon narrative

Tom English - has started to towthe party line

All impacted because of comments made about the Orcs.

1 hour ago, G-MAN said:

Sportsound would rather have ex-Orcs on talking shite.

Charlie Adam on a new signing. “Excellent player, quality signing, he’ll get 20 odd goals in the SPFL”

When questioned by, oh wait, Michael Stewart on what the proof was of the opinion (there it is folks MS asking for the pesky proof again)

Adam replies - “what do you mean Michael he must be good, he played for Roma”

The guy was so shite, he’s no longer there, hardly played and haven’t the slightest clue who he was.

Charlie Adam talks mince

It is laughable how scared the BBC are of Rangers here. How on earth is someone giving his opinion (which is quite literally the reason they pay Stewart a salary) 'not being fair and balanced'? As others have said, there are countless things that he and others have said about people where the individual in question has not been there to respond. Not once have I heard that being described as unfair or not balanced.

If they felt there was an issue they should have contacted Rangers to give Traynor or a Rangers representative the chance to respond, that is all that is required here. It's then up to Rangers whether they wish to respond or not. It is quite fitting that Stewart's point was that Traynor is a bully, and by the BBCs pathetic cowering in response they have proven to all that that is the case.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

7 hours ago, ewan14 said:

Unfortunately I agree

It was o.k. to call Traynor a bully but '' dangerous character '' mmm

He really needed to specify the situation why he is a dangerous character , is it the building opposite Ibrox ?

Can someone remind me why Jim Spence ( ? ) is out of favour at Ibrox ?

Is it the story about a Chinese club wanting to sign Morelos ?

Edited by ewan14