Sportsound Watch

7 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Alan Preston is a Hearts fan in the same way that Chick Young is St Mirren. He's literally spent Stendel's entire NAZI REGIME crying that one of his pals didn't get the job.

I know what you mean about his tears and snotters act on the radio - hes just putting those "told you so's" in the bank in case something happens with Stendal in the coming months.

He is a strange guy, he seems to thrive on being contrary. As a kid in Leith, instead of Hibs or Hearts, he grew up following Rangers (for reasons nobody at school with him understands). 

FF to later life and he has somehow morphed into a Hearts fan (always talking about how he is a foundation donator etc).  Just feels like he is trying "too hard" at being a fan and struggles with objectivity - I wouldn't be surprised if he was on kickback, tbh.

On 19/01/2020 at 07:54, Green Day said:

I know what you mean about his tears and snotters act on the radio - hes just putting those "told you so's" in the bank in case something happens with Stendal in the coming months.

He is a strange guy, he seems to thrive on being contrary. As a kid in Leith, instead of Hibs or Hearts, he grew up following Rangers (for reasons nobody at school with him understands). 

FF to later life and he has somehow morphed into a Hearts fan (always talking about how he is a foundation donator etc).  Just feels like he is trying "too hard" at being a fan and struggles with objectivity - I wouldn't be surprised if he was on kickback, tbh.

Is he really a Hearts fan or was it easier for him to get pundit work that way?

5 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Is he really a Hearts fan or was it easier for him to get pundit work that way?

I am not really sure - like I said, he seems to enjoy being contrary - his cousin is Yogi Hughes, so he probably supports Hearts just to piss him off 😂

Think most of his income is being an agent, tbf rather than media work.

On 18/01/2020 at 16:53, Gianfranco said:

The lassie at St Johnstone didn’t sound like she’d watched a game of football before.

Should have had Eilidh Barbour covering the Saints game, let's be honest she's covers f*cking everything else, regardless of the channel its on. 

2 hours ago, Green Day said:

I am not really sure - like I said, he seems to enjoy being contrary - his cousin is Yogi Hughes, so he probably supports Hearts just to piss him off 😂

Think most of his income is being an agent, tbf rather than media work.

He needs the media work to tout his clients 😂

Some show tonight. John Hartson’s headsgone over Morelos was hilarious. As was Deek Ferguson’s typically erudite response to the same incident. “mUreLus iS bEan wItcHunTed!!!!”

Michael Stewart sticking the boot into Jim Traynor’s statements was entertaining. MacIntyre and Ferguson were commendably staunch throughout and I thought a heroin addict had been invited on to discuss the Scottish Cup draw, but no. It was just Danny Lennon.

34 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Some show tonight. John Hartson’s headsgone over Morelos was hilarious. As was Deek Ferguson’s typically erudite response to the same incident. “mUreLus iS bEan wItcHunTed!!!!”

Michael Stewart sticking the boot into Jim Traynor’s statements was entertaining. MacIntyre and Ferguson were commendably staunch throughout and I thought a heroin addict had been invited on to discuss the Scottish Cup draw, but no. It was just Danny Lennon.

Three weeks later and they're still going on about Morelos. Dearie me.

9 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Three weeks later and they're still going on about Morelos. Dearie me.

Especially since three weeks ago he said it never bothered him. The only thing that did was Gerrard 'basically high five-ing' Lennon. 

Some boy is John. 

The Morelos story only gains traction due to clowns like McIntyre. He's an amateur "shock-jock" in the Durham mould, who only says things in the hope that it will whip up "debate". His stock "THE FANS WANT TO KNOW" is tedious in the extreme - this fan wants to know why the f**k the BBC brought him back. His squirming last night as Michael Stewart demanded that he answer HIS question was glorious. 

As for Hartson, I'm in awe of his recovery from cancer and his gambling demons, truly I am, but he's a mouth breather of the highest order when it comes to punditry. 

10 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Take your word for it Hammer ??

14 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

The Morelos story only gains traction due to clowns like McIntyre. He's an amateur "shock-jock" in the Durham mould, who only says things in the hope that it will whip up "debate". His stock "THE FANS WANT TO KNOW" is tedious in the extreme - this fan wants to know why the f**k the BBC brought him back. His squirming last night as Michael Stewart demanded that he answer HIS question was glorious. 

As for Hartson, I'm in awe of his recovery from cancer and his gambling demons, truly I am, but he's a mouth breather of the highest order when it comes to punditry. 

I find it hilarious that he's complaining about Morelos and how he has to set an example to children considering some of the antics he got up to.

On 21/01/2020 at 09:40, mozam76 said:

Hartson's punditry on S4C is hilarious.  Sometimes he forgets to speak Welsh and starts speaking in English!