Sportsound Watch

Don't want to be too harsh on Chick Young, he obviously covers games on a voluntary basis, as I am sure the BBC would not be paying anyone a fee for the level of incompetence he displayed at the Airdrie v Falkirk match today.

He misidentified the Falkirk goalscorer, although he did manage to get their initials correct, so not too bad.

After describing Durnan's injury and stretching off, which happened 'right in front of me' it took him thirty minutes to clarify it was actually Toshney who was injured.

And then concluded his match report by giving the final score from 'Broomfield'

Staggeringly unprofessional.

On the way home from Tinto on Saturday heard them waffle on for about 30 seconds around what league Brechin would go to if relegated from the SPFL. It took Jim Spence to come in and give the correct answer, let than sink in -

JIM SPENCE

Pretty damning that the flagship show of the national broadcaster doesn't know the actual structure of Scottish football.

2 hours ago, Peters Wyngarde said:

On the way home from Tinto on Saturday heard them waffle on for about 30 seconds around what league Brechin would go to if relegated from the SPFL. It took Jim Spence to come in and give the correct answer, let than sink in -

JIM SPENCE

Pretty damning that the flagship show of the national broadcaster doesn't know the actual structure of Scottish football.

This was on the same day when they began discussing the leagues they were covering - not the games might I add - at 2.50pm.

8 hours ago, Peters Wyngarde said:

JIM SPENCE

Crafty wee Jum must've googled it while the others were discussing it.

Been listening since 2 o'clock. Spent 52 minutes debating issues to do with Hearts - despite there being nothing to actually debate, and Ryan Christie's red card. 

Was hoping it was a chance to focus on the numerous interesting stories in the lower leagues with this being the last weekend before the Premiership clubs return, but no, almost an hour of tabloid radio.

8 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Been listening since 2 o'clock. Spent 52 minutes debating issues to do with Hearts - despite there being nothing to actually debate, and Ryan Christie's red card. 

Was hoping it was a chance to focus on the numerous interesting stories in the lower leagues with this being the last weekend before the Premiership clubs return, but no, almost an hour of tabloid radio.

That would require them all to do some research and objective analysis.

Something that is clearly beyond the capabilities of Bonner, Ferguson, Miller, Preston, Rae and Young.

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

That would require them all to do some research and objective analysis.

Something that is clearly beyond the capabilities of Bonner, Ferguson, Miller, Preston, Rae and Young.

None of whom were part of those conversations today..........................

33 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

I don't think there has been a weekday evening show either recently, It would have  been nice if they had a couple of programmes and spent some time on the lower leagues. 

No, it wasn't on on Monday, the only night I can be bothered listening to it as Michael Stewart is on.

Superscoreboard was on though discussing the Scottish lower leagues in detail old firm transfer rumours.

2 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

It's simply too much effort for them. They could not even be bothered to send a reporter to any of the three games in League One, all of which involved one of the top three.

Far easier just to let the ludicrous Michael Stewart rant on about Craig Levein for the millionth time.  Incredible how he is still getting away with conducting this personal vandetta on the national broadcaster.

Caught a bit of sportsound yesterday on the way to Firhill, got their pretty early, so missed most of the show, but was interested in Jon Daly and Michael Stewart’s debate about Hearts, things seemed to be getting pretty heated.

Is there a way to listen to the whole show after it’s aired? The sportsound podcast only has the post match stuff.

Caught a bit of sportsound yesterday on the way to Firhill, got their pretty early, so missed most of the show, but was interested in Jon Daly and Michael Stewart’s debate about Hearts, things seemed to be getting pretty heated.
Is there a way to listen to the whole show after it’s aired? The sportsound podcast only has the post match stuff.

I don’t know how many times I’ve tried to use BBC sounds to listen to BBC Radio Scotland MW. I gave up on it but I guess that’s where BBC would point you. I could only ever get FM shows. Some informed person on here will help I’m sure. As for Daly and Stewart it was good to hear because too often our football media is too polite to say what they think and everyone agrees. Stewart must be practising for talksport or similar.