Sportsound Watch

17 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

You have to admit though that for the likes of handball in the box, no one (including the officials) seems to have a clue of the interpretation and consistency of the laws.

Absolutely, but as you’ve said there is a degree of interpretation in that so it’s a bit more subjective. 

"COSGROVE...YAAAAASSS." Neutral as always from Wille Miller.
It's not as though the BBC doesn't have St. Mirren supporters covering their games as well. I know folk will say he's a Rangers supporter but Chick Young nearly spunked himself into next week when St. Mirren scored their winner against Ross County last week. And then there's Steven Thomson.

On 30/11/2019 at 15:39, Crawford Bridge said:

It's a disgrace that somebody wants the club he made several hundred appearances for to do well.

It's almost as if Aberdeen FC were and are a huge part of his life.

Some people shouldn't bother with football if it winds them up that much.

Well I was utterly disgusted when Charlie Christie shouted 'YESSSSSS' when his son scored yesterday and fired off a complaint to BBC Scotland. Okay, they're related but where was the impartiality from this man paid to remain neutral? HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SACKED ON THE SPOT IMO!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, Lee Van Tee said:

Well I was utterly disgusted when Charlie Christie shouted 'YESSSSSS' when his son scored yesterday and fired off a complaint to BBC Scotland. Okay, they're related but where was the impartiality from this man paid to remain neutral? HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SACKED ON THE SPOT IMO!!!!!!

This would be a relevant parallel if the BBC got Charlie Christie on the show all the time, and allowed him to cover almost every Celtic game.

As things stand, it's totally irrelevant.

Sportsound is just AberdeenWatch & HeartsOpinion in recent years. Richard Gordon has morphed into fanboy when he used to be very good at presenting a range of Scottish football talking points. Miller & Preston are as relevant as Waldorf & Stadler without the humour.  Stewart when appearing only has strong opinions on his club, Ferguson to be fair can just about string a coherent sentence together now.
Pity it has deteriorated so far with a lack of fresh new pundits from across the spectrum of Scottish football. 

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Yip. Not exclusive to Sportsound though:

That has nothing to do with how much he understands the laws of the game. He's not literally saying that there wasn't an encroachment rule before VAR, he's saying (quite rightly) that the introduction of VAR has led to lots of silly pedantic "letter of the law" decisions such as that one yesterday which would previously have been allowed to slide.

39 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That has nothing to do with how much he understands the laws of the game. He's not literally saying that there wasn't an encroachment rule before VAR, he's saying (quite rightly) that the introduction of VAR has led to lots of silly pedantic "letter of the law" decisions such as that one yesterday which would previously have been allowed to slide.

I mean I've played in Juvenile and Amateur games where the ref has called back pens for it but if you want to use the above narrative then feel free.

4 hours ago, Casual Observer said:

Sportsound is just AberdeenWatch & HeartsOpinion in recent years. Richard Gordon has morphed into fanboy when he used to be very good at presenting a range of Scottish football talking points. Miller & Preston are as relevant as Waldorf & Stadler without the humour.  Stewart when appearing only has strong opinions on his club, Ferguson to be fair can just about string a coherent sentence together now.
Pity it has deteriorated so far with a lack of fresh new pundits from across the spectrum of Scottish football. 

I dont think that is true.

I doubt very much if MS would describe himself as a "Hearts fan" despite the history.

Certainly not in the same vein as Fatso Preston (who was actually a Rangers fan as a kid).

MS just despises Levein, hence the strong opinions when he was in charge / hanging round the club.

12 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Allan Preston was broadcasting from what sounded like a dentist today. Not sure if Dr Austin was holding the drill

Enjoyed the moment when "Biscuits" was whining about having seen Livi four times recently, to which someone asked: is that more times than when you managed them?

Not only is he a terrible pundit, he's also an abject failure who has a brass neck in criticising any manager.