Sportsound Watch

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

Depends on whether or not you believe Stewart's sources excuse.

Peter obviously doesn't believe a word of it.

For the benefit of those of us who missed Peter Grants chat, can you summarise?

(that means give us a short version of what happened)

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

Depends on whether or not you believe Stewart's sources excuse.

Peter obviously doesn't believe a word of it.

Peter also sounded like he had an amp that went up to 11 when Stewart was trying to explain the difference.

18 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Peter also sounded like he had an amp that went up to 11 when Stewart was trying to explain the difference.

Again, its obvious that Grant didn't believe Stewart's mythical sources excuse. 

1 minute ago, bennett said:

No it isn't. The Daily Record's transcript has Grant saying stuff like:

Peter Grant: "If it didn't happen and you said it, it is a lie. Why come out and say it?

Tom English: There's a difference between a lie and an error."

Peter Grant: "No it's a lie is the same thing Tom. Michael has got my number

which would have most sober, competent readers with a working command of the English language concluding that Grant was simply unclear on what a lie is.

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

For the benefit of those of us who missed Peter Grants chat, can you summarise?

(that means give us a short version of what happened)

Stewart said Grifffiths had been criticised in dressing room after a Scotland game, according to his source. Grant said he was lying. Stewart conceded his source could have been mistaken.  Grant refused to accept that the source's error could be just that and not a lie. In his mind, a repeated untruth was a lie, thus ignoring the general view that a lie is when someone says something knowing it is untrue.

Edited by cmontheloknow

3 hours ago, bennett said:

If you listen to the podcast properly, you will realise that Peter Grant doesn’t dispute that Michael Stewart had two separate sources for his info, what he disputes is the difference being making an error and telling a blatant lie. So in Peter Grant talk, your post is a lie.

I am normally one of Sportsound’s defenders, and continue to listen to as many podcasts as I can, if I miss the live show. But last night’s programme had the look of utter nothingness from the start, and so it transpired. David Currie (master of being a big child presenting an adult programme), Kenny Miller (Naisy is brilliant for Scotland and, yes, I could still do a job for Scotland) and the aforesaid Steven “Naisy” Naismith (says absolutely nothing of any note whatsoever). A really insightful question in the first few minutes to Naismith from Currie asking him about Austin MacPhee. MacPhee is Naismith’s present manager, what the hell is he going to say if he values his position in the team? Blandness personified.

The difference is that Stewart and English are both articulate, intelligent, and of fairly independent mind.
Those things can very seldom be said of other contributors.

English is as bad as the rest of them.

The Tom English that appeared on Sportsound during Admin and Liquidation of Oldco is not the Tom English that we have now.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I am normally one of Sportsound’s defenders, and continue to listen to as many podcasts as I can, if I miss the live show. But last night’s programme had the look of utter nothingness from the start, and so it transpired. David Currie (master of being a big child presenting an adult programme), Kenny Miller (Naisy is brilliant for Scotland and, yes, I could still do a job for Scotland) and the aforesaid Steven “Naisy” Naismith (says absolutely nothing of any note whatsoever). A really insightful question in the first few minutes to Naismith from Currie asking him about Austin MacPhee. MacPhee is Naismith’s present manager, what the hell is he going to say if he values his position in the team? Blandness personified.

"Do you call him Austin McFanny too?"

Michael Stewart is nowhere as intelligent as he thinks he is but when set against the likes of Peter Grant I can perhaps understand why he might feel a slight intellectual boost.

This particular erstwhile listener thinks he's almost as bad.

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I often download the podcasts of the hour long midweek programmes , but I’ve reached the stage that if it’s David Currie presenting or John Hughes is one of the guests I probably won’t bother listening to it.

11 hours ago, A96 said:

I often download the podcasts of the hour long midweek programmes , but I’ve reached the stage that if it’s David Currie presenting or John Hughes is one of the guests I probably won’t bother listening to it.

Currie is infuriating. On the rare occasion he manages to strike up a decent conversation he always manages to grind it to a halt with a dire attempt at a joke.

16 hours ago, G-MAN said:

English is as bad as the rest of them.

The Tom English that appeared on Sportsound during Admin and Liquidation of Oldco is not the Tom English that we have now.

Agreed.  He used to come across as intelligent, eloquent and informative.  Now he's fallen into the Gerry McNee "saying stupid stuff just to get a reaction" camp.  Have stopped listening to anything he's on now.