Sportsound Watch

Austin 23:11 says shut your piehole Preston.

Only two things could have made his press conference better. Total darkness, glass smash and he walks out to stone cold’s music then finished his composed, measured response by shouting by smashing two cans of beer all over himself.

I always hoped the guid auld boys would get a dramatic comeuppance one day, but never did I expect it would be Austin MacPhee who would be the catalyst/hero of the piece.

Might give him a welcoming ovation at RP later today. 

It’s time someone called out these old timers and their imbalanced/lying/error strewn foolhardy opinions. Everything viewed through the prism of the OF. The BBC coverage of Scottish football is utterly abysmal.

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

"Biscuits" accused of outright lies, eh?  Crumbs!

14 hours ago, Estragon said:

I always hoped the guid auld boys would get a dramatic comeuppance one day, but never did I expect it would be Austin MacPhee who would be the catalyst/hero of the piece.

Might give him a welcoming ovation at RP later today. 

Y'know, this really feels like longer ago than this morning...

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, Adam101 said:
Was Preston on at the weekend? Most folk would get emptied for such a personal attack.  

He was the VAR man watching the feeds coming in.

Unreal, not only is it in his financial interest to promote certain players but when he lies to paint a manager in a poor light he is stuck on the naughty step.

23 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

What is Tom English on about tonight?

He's saying that ill-advised words were used at a press conference on Friday, and on last Mondays show - but didn't go into detail.

They're talking about mcphee at hearts. Sounds very intriguing.

I think that someone used the term "McFanny" on the radio, cue loads of giggles from the "professional pundits".

Later, fat lad Preston said a number of things relating to Hearts which McPhee subsequently took issue with and talked about in his pre match press conference.

I dont know enough about the situation at hearts, but iirc some of their fans on here said that Preston was right about some of what he said.

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

I think that someone used the term "McFanny" on the radio, cue loads of giggles from the "professional pundits".

Later, fat lad Preston said a number of things relating to Hearts which McPhee subsequently took issue with and talked about in his pre match press conference.

I dont know enough about the situation at hearts, but iirc some of their fans on here said that Preston was right about some of what he said.

Things grow arms and legs. Nobody said Austin McFanny on that show. Richard Gordon said Austin McFa, and then stopped. That was it.

Things grow arms and legs. Nobody said Austin McFanny on that show. Richard Gordon said Austin McFa, and then stopped. That was it.
So what was the 'ill-advised word or words'?

Surely it can't be for Gordon mis-speaking?

And did mcphee repeat the term on the Friday press conference? English was really vague and circumspect about the whole thing (but was kind of distancing himself from whatever had been said), and no-one elaborated on it. It was weird.

44 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

So what was the 'ill-advised word or words'?

Surely it can't be for Gordon mis-speaking?

And did mcphee repeat the term on the Friday press conference? English was really vague and circumspect about the whole thing (but was kind of distancing himself from whatever had been said), and no-one elaborated on it. It was weird.

It was Alan Preston attributing things that had purportedly happened at Hearts, as in signings, to Austin MacPhee. MacPhee’s gripe was with Preston.