Sportsound Watch

Just now, JTS98 said:

In the context of the quality of Sportsound's output I'd argue Willie Miller is not a trivial point. He's one of the worst things on the show.

If he'd played for someone else I doubt you'd have made that post.

The man's a cretin. It's not just this point, it's week in week out. He's a symptom of the problem.

IMG_0387.jpg.4515dc9c345048b4dd8dfd6ff325f6c6.jpg

21 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

In the context of the quality of Sportsound's output I'd argue Willie Miller is not a trivial point. He's one of the worst things on the show.

If he'd played for someone else I doubt you'd have made that post.

The man's a cretin. It's not just this point, it's week in week out. He's a symptom of the problem.

I'm 32. My first exposure to Willie Miller was the season he was sacked as manager. Aside from watching old VHS' of the glory days the only other real exposure I've had to him was when he campaigned to get himself on to the board and then ended up with a sort of Director of Football role where all of his work seemed to be writing the names of players on a whiteboard. 

I regularly listen to him on Sportsound after games and wonder if I watched the same match he did.

Who he played for is irrelevant. I just don't understand why you'd be so angry about the words spoken by a 'cretin'. I feel the same way about anyone who phones in to Talksport to argue with Adrian Durham. Who did he play for?

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

I'm 32. My first exposure to Willie Miller was the season he was sacked as manager. Aside from watching old VHS' of the glory days the only other real exposure I've had to him was when he campaigned to get himself on to the board and then ended up with a sort of Director of Football role where all of his work seemed to be writing the names of players on a whiteboard. 

I regularly listen to him on Sportsound after games and wonder if I watched the same match he did.

Who he played for is irrelevant. I just don't understand why you'd be so angry about the words spoken by a 'cretin'. I feel the same way about anyone who phones in to Talksport to argue with Adrian Durham. Who did he play for?

You do realise this is a thread about the sports show Willie Miller works on, aye?

11 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Aberdeen fans sticking up for his abominable standard of broadcasting is understandable, but kind of embarrassing.

Frank Grimes -Bizarre reaction from Miller

Merkland Red -it's a fairly trivial point

Me - He fucked it up, he made an arse of himself.

Having trouble reading there Ranaldo? Or are you cherry picking to suit an argument?

11 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Aye.

You do realise this is a forum and other people are going to engage in discussion if they think you're being a bit OTT, aye?

And you'd have that view the discussion of a broadcaster like Miller were he an ex-Rangers player, of course.

21 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I really don't. He's not as bad as the rest, but he's a sycophant and he's part of the wee clique.

He enables all their dog shit barking about Celtic and Sevco far too often.

All his “clear everybody out” nonsense, is just that, nonsense. No matter who they have on Sportsound, there are going to be folk on here that will be offended or just not happy. The fact that they all know each other, or to put it the P&B way “cliquey”, is what makes the shows, usually, interesting. And just to clear things up, you will never find find another anchor, and play with that as you will, as good as Richard Gordon.

31 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

And you'd have that view the discussion of a broadcaster like Miller were he an ex-Rangers player, of course.

Yes.

I'd be a bit annoyed listening to it, then that would be it. Potentially make a post on here about it but I certainly wouldn't be going on about it days later.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Yes.

I'd be a bit annoyed listening to it, then that would be it. Potentially make a post on here about it but I certainly wouldn't be going on about it days later.

We are discussing the most recent edition of the sports show this thread is a running discussion of.

Literally the most recent edition.

Your last few contributions to this thread have been like opening a thread called 'Eastenders Watch' and pretending to be bemused by the ongoing discussion of last night's Eastenders episode.

Edited by JTS98

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Have you been going on about this since Sunday? Yes or no?

It was on Sportsound on Saturday. It was in the news on Monday. It was on Sportsound again last night.

Like I said, would you open an 'Eastenders watch' thread and pretend to be bemused by people discussing the latest storyline from Eastenders? It's very strange to open a thread and then pretend to be surprised that people are discussing the topic of the thread.

Just now, JTS98 said:

It was on Sportsound on Saturday. It was in the news on Monday. It was on Sportsound again last night.

Like I said, would you open an 'Eastenders watch' thread and pretend to be bemused by people discussing the latest storyline from Eastenders? It's very strange to open a thread and then pretend to be surprised that people are discussing the topic of the thread.

I didn't say I was surprised. I said it was a trivial matter and you're riled up. I would post the same thing in an Eastenders thread if I felt someone was getting riled up about something I find to be trivial.

Not sure what point you're trying to make here but I'll leave you to it.

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I didn't say I was surprised. I said it was a trivial matter and you're riled up. I would post the same thing in an Eastenders thread if I felt someone was getting riled up about something I find to be trivial.

Not sure what point you're trying to make here but I'll leave you to it.

I think the point is quite clear.

We're using the thread about Sportsound to talk about one of the presenters on Sportsound and things that he said on Sportsound that Sportsound themselves found to have created enough of a backlash that they felt the need to revisit the issue 48 hours later.

I doubt you'd have replied at all if people were slagging off Derek Ferguson. But you seem to have employed Old Firm fan levels of obfuscation simply because the current object of widespread derision once played for the football team you support.

That's kind of sad.

Edited by JTS98

55 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Frank Grimes -Bizarre reaction from Miller

Merkland Red -it's a fairly trivial point

Me - He fucked it up, he made an arse of himself.

Having trouble reading there Ranaldo? Or are you cherry picking to suit an argument?

FG - fine

MR - he' s attempting to minimise an awful, absolutely awful intervention from Miller. And failing.

You - fair enough.

AFC fans sticking up for him is something I've noticed over the years on this board though. As I say, understandable, but misplaced in too many cases.

What I find staggering about people like Willie Miller is how someone who was so clearly talented as a player and has experience of being a manager can offer so little insight as a pundit.

He needs emptied, not because he comes across as an arsehole or has apparent grudges against certain people, but because he is fucking terrible at the job he is, I assume, paid very handsomely to do.

8 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

What I find staggering about people like Willie Miller is how someone who was so clearly talented as a player and has experience of being a manager can offer so little insight as a pundit.

His ineptitude as a manager offers great insight into why he's so terrible as a pundit.