Sportsound Watch

On 10/11/2019 at 18:36, Green Day said:

And while I agree on Preston, at the very least he is still employed in football (agent) and has a vague idea about whats actually going on

You think?

I know what players he represents at Saints, and some of his "opinions" on the club are absolute bollocks spewed forth simply to big up his players.

Drey Wright didnt play for a year, has returned from injury looking like the shadow of the player he was, yet Preston has regularly claimed hes been one of our better players.

12 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Everton's top 10 signings? Wtf is that to do with Scottish football!

Especially given there's probably a grand total of 1 person in Scotland who gives a shit about Everton. 

Tonight’s show was good.
Tom English absolutely destroying the Green Brigade, branding them ‘crass’ and ‘self-indulgent’ which was great. He said he found their idea of what constitutes Irish heritage - singing about the IRA and hunger strikers, insulting and ignorant. He’s now being called a ‘soup taker’ on Twitter.
They played a clip from the weekend of Willie Miller and ‘Biscuits’ absolutely frothing at the mouth over Austin McPhee. Such bizarre anger directed at such a seemingly inoffensive guy. I think we all know that it’s purely because he’s not a ‘proper fitba man’. I really hope he gets the Hearts job now. 
The show flows much better when Kenny McIntyre is presenting. Get David Currie to f**k.

English was absolutely spot on. Refreshing to hear an Irishman calling them out on the fact their ‘Irish identity’ stuff is absolute nonsense.

Self righteousness was another good point and highlights their laughable moral high ground on lazio.

Allan Preston is an absolute arsehole. Clearly Neil McCann hasn't been fed the party line by the BBC, as after Preston absolutely slaughtered Austin McPhee, he came in with " I guess Austin isn't on the books of Allan's agency then?" You could have heard a pin drop.

Struck me that McPhee didn't seem a very popular guy with the panel on the Beeb, Richard Gordon slipping up and calling him Austin McFanny and the laughter that ensued made it sound like their internal nickname for him.

8 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Poppy fascism was a great line from the egg chaser,trying to divide a Celtic support for an individuals choice.
It's great to have a divisive support with the common denominator wanting Celtic to do well.

:lol:

That probably isn't the word you meant to use but it is in fact highly accurate.

Allan Preston is an absolute arsehole. Clearly Neil McCann hasn't been fed the party line by the BBC, as after Preston absolutely slaughtered Austin McPhee, he came in with " I guess Austin isn't on the books of Allan's agency then?" You could have heard a pin drop. Struck me that McPhee didn't seem a very popular guy with the panel on the Beeb, Richard Gordon slipping up and calling him Austin McFanny and the laughter that ensued made it sound like their internal nickname for him.

Did Richard Gordon really say that? Surprising if true as I normally find him very professional. Makes you wonder how much of a fanny McPhee must be.  

7 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Did Richard Gordon really say that? Surprising if true as I normally find him very professional. Makes you wonder how much of a fanny McPhee must be.  

Yes it was a total slip of the tongue though, obviously. He didn't quite finish it, more like "Austin McFann..... err McPhee". But the way Miller and Preston started guffawing definitely made it sound like he'd slipped up by using an off air nickname for him. 

McPhee is being subjected to the same ridicule and hostility as Angelo Alessio when he was first appointed at Kilmarnock.

Scottish football is a closed shop. No room for Johnny Foreigner or those who project new ideas or ways of thinking. Guid, honest fitba men only.

McPhee is being subjected to the same ridicule and hostility as Angelo Alessio when he was first appointed at Kilmarnock.

Scottish football is a closed shop. No room for Johnny Foreigner or those who project new ideas or ways of thinking. Guid, honest fitba men only.

In fairness, two Kilmarnock players quit the club in terrific displays of tears and snotters because Alesio’s training wasn’t just running around and smashing into each other all day like it was under Clarke.

McPhee is a self-aggrandising weirdo tbf. Even this weekend he was claiming he had won 4 matches out of 5 as Hearts manager, including a game where Levein had a touchline ban and two when he was in hospital. He faked an approach from an Indian club, and I wouldn't be surprised if he has oversold his involvement with the Mexican national team.

McPhee certainly does come across a bit funny, but I think that's a defensive response to the popular 'guid oanust fitba men' and their view of him.

Miller and Preston are an absolute disgrace and this week we've had people ridiculing McPhee for his hair and for the way he dressed on Saturday (he was going to a charity thing after the game).

The team won 5-2 and they talk about his suit and his hair.

Like Michael Stewart said, there is unquestionably an old boys' network who will line up to criticise anybody who is a bit different or - the worst sin of all - a bit academic.

We respect thinkers in football if they are foreign or if they appear open-minded about the game but are still careful to speak with a thick accent and mis-use past participles. The worst sin in Scottish football is being articulate and a wee bit middle-class. The wall goes up against that.

It's MacPhee.

But aye, they're raging that MacPhee isn't one of their wee cliquey pals. Willie Miller's ludicrous rant was the worst. 

They were the same with Cathro as well, constantly sniping with the oh so hilarious 'laptop' jokes. 

Every single one of them, including Richard Gordon, needs punted. A bunch of moronic dickheads who have zero relevance to Scottish football.

Edited by DA Baracus

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's MacPhee.

But aye, they're raging that MacPhee isn't one of their wee cliquey pals. Willie Miller's ludicrous rant was the worst. 

They were the same with Cathro as well, constantly sniping with the oh so hilarious 'laptop' jokes. 

Every single one of them, including Richard Gordon, needs punted. A bunch of moronic dickheads who have zero relevance to Scottish football.

Sadly that's not true. They play a large role in shaping the public narrative.

The public discussion of Scottish football is widely conducted by stupid people. This keeps the discussion of Scottish football stupid.