Sportsound Watch

10 minutes ago, virginton said:

You can only actually generalise from specific details champ, of which you have provided none and the direct evidence of a Sportsound pundit openly admitting his sectarian chanting on air directly contradicts. So what you've provided is a lazy and invalid comment barely one step above 'they won't even let us call them blackboards nowadays!!!1111!!!!' in the bullshit, 'PC brigade' roulette. 

Thanks for playing anyway. 

Actually its none of that. Pleased to see you keeping up the standards you set for your posting though. Brutal, long winded and pointless. 

7 hours ago, RiG said:

Never let it be said that Gary Caldwell isn't a deluded fantasist...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50076811

He has a point tbf. Scotland play fewer games than Partick Thistle, therefore he would be responsible for fewer games, which is a good thing.

I wonder if the statement "I'm far more qualified to manage Scotland than Partick Thistle because I have no idea how championship players think" was part of the powerpoint presentation that dazzled our old chairman?  I'm guessing it wasn't.

For once, a midweek Sportsound with "Kenny mac" was worth listening to.  Caldwell has a few lines he likes to repeat, including the claim that the current team are good enough to challenge for promotion. If they are, Gary, then your management must have been the factor that left them bottom rather than near the top.  Surprised and delighted to hear "Kenny mac" challenge some of Gary's more far-fetched claims, to tell him lots of players hated him, and to read out some representative fan opinions of his shambles of a tenure.  Entertaining stuff.

You always get this shit from sacked managers. McCann and Hartley said the same ‘The squad was easily good enough for at least the playoffs/stay up’. When their Dundee and Falkirk sides were bottom.

Basically admitting you’re a shite manager.

You can only actually generalise from specific details champ, of which you have provided none and the direct evidence of a Sportsound pundit openly admitting his sectarian chanting on air directly contradicts. So what you've provided is a lazy and invalid comment barely one step above 'they won't even let us call them blackboards nowadays!!!1111!!!!' in the bullshit, 'PC brigade' roulette. 
Thanks for playing anyway. 

What a bizarre, rambling post.

Anyway, Caldwell’s is a bold interview approach. I failed because I’m too good for partick thistle is an absolute corker.

51 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

I wonder if the statement "I'm far more qualified to manage Scotland than Partick Thistle because I have no idea how championship players think" was part of the powerpoint presentation that dazzled our old chairman?

That really is a staggering remark - the bloke must genuinely be rather an idiot.

I'm quite looking forward to listening to it.  

What a bizarre, rambling post.

Anyway, Caldwell’s is a bold interview approach. I failed because I’m too good for partick thistle is an absolute corker.
Its absolutely his standard. Good to get the semi-regular laugh at the puzzling fact that he was somehow, at some point regarded as a decent poster on here

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The best thing about Caldwell’s statement is that he’s talked himself out of ever getting a job in Scotland again knowing full well he’ll never be offered the national job.

Good work, Gary.

I look forward to the next time various job come up and he has to go to the media to "rule himself out of the running". Get his media pals to cover up the fact that he is utterly toxic

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The best thing about Caldwell’s statement is that he’s talked himself out of ever getting a job in Scotland again knowing full well he’ll never be offered the national job.

Good work, Gary.

I wonder if he managed to communicate successfully to his players, the idea that he regards them as a different species from people like him who went further in their playing careers.

It sounds like a recipe for guaranteed success.  

1 hour ago, nsr said:

Gary Caldwell was a horrendously overrated player too.

Nah he was a quality defender and would absolutely stroll in to every Scotland squad since 98.

Edited by DA Baracus

My recollection is that he was one of the players randomly capped during Berti Vogts' experimental period and from that point onwards he lived off the fact that he was a Scotland international defender when he wasn't actually very good.

If I am thinking of someone else, fair enough.

9 hours ago, nsr said:

My recollection is that he was one of the players randomly capped during Berti Vogts' experimental period and from that point onwards he lived off the fact that he was a Scotland international defender when he wasn't actually very good.

If I am thinking of someone else, fair enough.

I think you must be. Possibly his brother? His debut was the 5-0 pumping in Paris but then nobody played well that night.

He was definitely a very good defender and rightly got loads of Scotland caps.

You're rewriting history a bit here. He was a weak link at times and many people were crying out for someone to replace him. If John Kennedy hadn't been broken in half (by gawwwd) he'd rightly have been ahead of him.

However, he scored a winner against France which was a bit of a shock and was in general alright, without being great. Certainly rather have Caldwell from then ahead of Mulgrew or Devlin just now.

20 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

You're rewriting history a bit here. He was a weak link at times and many people were crying out for someone to replace him. If John Kennedy hadn't been broken in half (by gawwwd) he'd rightly have been ahead of him.

However, he scored a winner against France which was a bit of a shock and was in general alright, without being great. Certainly rather have Caldwell from then ahead of Mulgrew or Devlin just now.

I agree about the weak link part. The worst thing about Caldwell as a defender was that he clearly rated himself very highly and this meant he was always vulnerable as he had a trust in his ability that wasn't justified by what he could do.

To be honest, I thought he was mince at Hibs and I was quite surprised when Celtic signed him. That said, his contract was up and Celtic possibly saw it as a bit of a free hit.

21 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

The worst thing about Caldwell as a defender was that he clearly rated himself very highly and this meant he was always vulnerable as he had a trust in his ability that wasn't justified by what he could do.

It doesn't sound like an outlook he'd lost as a manager.

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Nah, it's you that's rewriting history here.

He was solid for Scotland and only had a few poor games.

We'll never know with Kennedy but since his injury he seems to have become the next Bobby Moore.