Sportsound Watch

9 hours ago, Andre Bo said:

I've met Willie Miller and brilliant player though he was, he's a p***k.

That bit about meeting Willie Miller is made up isn’t it.   ( that and the bit about “he’s a p***k, of course, although having not really met him you wouldn’t actually know). He is actually a top bloke.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

That bit about meeting Willie Miller is made up isn’t it.   ( that and the bit about “he’s a p***k, of course, although having not really met him you wouldn’t actually know). He is actually a top bloke.

Tell that to all the creditors he shafted while happily sipping away on champagne in Soul. 

11 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Am I right in saying chick was the voice of reason actually telling McLeod to update the listeners on the goals being scored?

I was flicking through stations and didn't catch must but it seemed totally bizarre. You don't need to have reporters at the games but tell us when the fucking goals are being scored. It's not difficult.

Being stuck in a car with it on I can confirm that indeed yes he was giving out score updates during the talky bits and asking for a score round up on a regular basis and this was seemingly pissing off the host. 

An utter shambles of a show.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Nope - I was working in a basic service role as a student in a place he was a regular and he was an utter p***k to all the staff. 

Fair play to anyone that got through any significant chunk of yesterday's programme - no Richard Gordon was an immediate minus. McLeod's high pitched shrieking would alarm any poor dog listening. And a few hours raking over the coals of a below par performance from the night before... /o\ I lasted 15 mins when they openly admitted they were going round in circles talking about the same old crap.

I don’t suppose that any of the blinkered fools who regularly slate Willie Miller on Sportsound, will be posting that he gave Saints credit for a great performance today, and feels that Tommy Wright will be annoyed that he didn’t get all three points today.

I don’t suppose that any of the blinkered fools who regularly slate Willie Miller on Sportsound, will be posting that he gave Saints credit for a great performance today, and feels that Tommy Wright will be annoyed that he didn’t get all three points today.

Well done on doing exactly what you are paid to do, Willie. Happy?

47 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

We all love Willie Miller and everything he ever does is perfect. Happy?

No. However, the prize for biggest c**t of the day surely belongs to Biscuits "Allan" Preston, who in a non sequitur tried to tell Sir Steve Clarke how best to play Ollie McBurnie in the Scotland team. You would think from listening to the fat f**k that he was part of the agency who represented McBurnie.

23 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I regularly slate Willie for his performance on Open All Mikes because he deserves to be slated. And yesterday was no exception. As usual he did not butt in with any comment for some noteworthy incidents in the game. Admittedly goalmouth incidents were few and far between yesterday, but surely he should be more eager to let the listeners know when something worth mentioning actually happens. 

Yesterday , Saints had a good counter attack about 10 minutes into the second half. It ended up with O'Halloran , I think, laying it off from the edge of the box to a teammate on the right who struck a decent first time shot which Lewis saved well at the expense of a corner. I'm pretty sure that the other pundits doing OAM would've blurted out "Chance!!" or something like that in the build up to the shot. Which is what they're being paid to do.  Willie didn't mention the incident at all , not even just after Lewis had made the save.

Willie was also his usual wise-after-the the-event immediately after Saints scored. He said that they deserved the equaliser because they hadn't let their heads go down. Before the goal the brief comments that he could be arsed making , probably after being prompted by Richard Gordon to ,"F@ckin  say something , Willie !!" - ( I'm paraphrasing there) - had been that Aberdeen were in control. But Willie made it seem like the Saints goal had been coming , which surely even the most biased Saints fan wouldn't claim