Sportsound Watch

If he was saying that they knew nothing about them prior to the international break then fair enough.

If he was saying that they knew nothing about them until kick-off then that's unbelievable.

To be fair I think he was referring to the media, and that they had no idea how good Kazakhstan were and hence slaughtered them for the defeat.

Guest Moomintroll
Seeing as [mention=56540]ScotlandThomas[/mention] hasn't logged in since 2014 can one of the mods change the title to ditch the 14 / 15 bit of the topic title.
I concur with@Adam101 here, this has been gently fermenting as a PTTGOYN for a long time but I could never be bothered to bring it up. All suggestions welcome for the name change, with the rich subject matter involved there should be some spectacular entries. * Insert Kenneth gif*.

14 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

Willie Miller resorting to "Irish"  as a derogatory term, at the expense of Tom English.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Depends on how said/meant it, I suppose.

How did Tom respond to it?

Listened to the podcast this morning, and bizarrely Miller seemed to want to take out his frustration  at how poor Scotland had been, on English.

Initially English thought Miller was comparing the Scottish performance with how Ireland would have fared, statimg that Ireland had won the previous night.  But Miller himself pointed out that he wasn't talking football, he was using 'Irish' in the context of something being illogical/daft, to which English only sounded astounded, and even BILLY DODDS pointed out that Miller was out of order.

This currently is the worst broadcast in the history of radio. Four braying dinosaurs and that clown Liam McLeod shrieking about a Scotland game for fully ninety minutes when there are dozens of actual games taking place that they’re only now providing score updates for.

32 minutes ago, virginton said:

This currently is the worst broadcast in the history of radio. Four braying dinosaurs and that clown Liam McLeod shrieking about a Scotland game for fully ninety minutes when there are dozens of actual games taking place that they’re only now providing score updates for.

Two bright spots:

1 Chick in the studio instead if at the Airdrie game, because he assumed it was a 3pm kickoff,  when it actually started at 1pm. And he's repeatedly blaming the BBC for not checking the kick-off time for him.

2 Chick admitting that he uses Social Media to check football stuff - hiya Chick, hiya pal, you're a total dick, do us all a favour and Chuck it!

Edited by Boghead ranter

I’m very annoyed about today’s programme.

They have reporters at some grounds but instead of an open all mikes type scenario, goals are going in yet they aren’t updating listeners right away.

Instead there is a studio discussion with Chick Young, Billy Dodds and Willie Miller.

They periodically just update the scores as opposed to going to a ground as soon as something happens.

It’s garbage .

At least it’s on,though....Radio Clyde are once again kidding on there’s no football

1 hour ago, standman said:

I’m very annoyed about today’s programme.

They have reporters at some grounds but instead of an open all mikes type scenario, goals are going in yet they aren’t updating listeners right away.

Instead there is a studio discussion with Chick Young, Billy Dodds and Willie Miller.

They periodically just update the scores as opposed to going to a ground as soon as something happens.

It’s garbage .

At least it’s on,though....Radio Clyde are once again kidding on  not broadcasting SSB because there’s no rangers football

Fixed.   You're welcome 😎

On 06/09/2019 at 22:02, lionel wickson said:

Willie Miller resorting to "Irish"  as a derogatory term, at the expense of Tom English.

Yes, a particular lowlight that bit.  I was actually agreeing for the most part with Miller's take on the game, but the silence that greeted his 'Irish' remark reflected how jarring it was.  

Am I right in saying chick was the voice of reason actually telling McLeod to update the listeners on the goals being scored?

I was flicking through stations and didn't catch must but it seemed totally bizarre. You don't need to have reporters at the games but tell us when the fucking goals are being scored. It's not difficult.

56 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, a particular lowlight that bit.  I was actually agreeing for the most part with Miller's take on the game, but the silence that greeted his 'Irish' remark reflected how jarring it was.  

I've met Willie Miller and brilliant player though he was, he's a p***k.

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
31 minutes ago, Andre Bo said:
I've met Willie Miller and brilliant player though he was, he's a p***k.

I met oor Willie miller once at a charity gig. He was very funny, and surprisingly down to earth.

He's dead?!