Sportsound Watch

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

The orange strips views of Ferguson and Dodds require incredible levels of denial or stupidity. Incredible to hear people forward them on national radio.

Incredible talent by both of them to make those spluttery denials so audibly clear while having their heads firmly buried in the sand

Derek Ferguson said the connotations of the orange strip didn’t even cross his mind. I know he’s not the brightest, but there’s no way he’s that stupid. He’s an apologist and a liar. 

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Derek Ferguson said the connotations of the orange strip didn’t even cross his mind. I know he’s not the brightest, but there’s no way he’s that stupid. He’s an apologist and a liar. 

'No mister, I hud no idea.'

Unbelievable view to hold.

Also interesting to hear them both reference 'the most successful period in Rangers' history' with the Dutch players. As far as I recall they won the league four times in about seven or so years (at the longest stretch, even though by 2005 they had only 2 Dutch players left) and were generally mediocre in Europe.

What exactly makes this such a stand-out era?

4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Was going to say he's learning a new word today - disingenious.

Pair of fuds, he and Doddsy.

6 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Insinuating it's YOUR fault if you see the problem with it. Classic.

The orange strip was 100% a nod to their songbook, and by mopping up the orange quid then trying to justify it as a tribute to their Dutch contingent... well ironically they play in Orange due to their long dead icon King Billy of Orange.

Edited by cmontheloknow

Ferguson talking about how much he knows about things due to working with Give Racism the Red Card and the Everyone's Welcome or whatever they call it at Rangers, then claiming he'd never made the connection between an Orange kit and some of their songs (which by his own admission he sung as a boy). Fantastic banter if it wasn't so sad.

Jesus, I missed the Derek Ferguson contribution.

In the car, I caught Michael Stewart making some sense, then Dodds spluttering in baffled fashion about not going into the detail of Orange strips.  I thought that was incredible enough, but Ferguson actually claimed that the sectarian angle had never occurred to him?  That's absolutely staggering.   

Obviously, he's not big on having thoughts of his own, but does he never actually read football comment, or partake in discussion of things away from the airwaves?  Unbelievable that these are the people the national broadcaster turns to for insight.

They're genuinely thicker and less well informed than the bulk of the audience.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

32 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I actually don’t mind derek Ferguson as a pundit but please tell me he didn’t claim he didn’t know the connotations of an orange strip? emoji1.png

"Uh hiv honestly nivvir thought eh it like that" or words to that effect - he has always believed it was in tribute to the Dutch contingent and was in no way bigoted at all, and the first time he has ever heard it being linked to bigotry was when Michael Stewart put both him and 'Doddsy' to the sword.

Edited by cmontheloknow

Why have they got two people doing open all mics at rugby park? And then because Richard Gordon is hosting from there we’ve got three people continually talking about one, so “Biscuits” keeps saying, shite game. 

34 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

"Uh hiv honestly nivvir thought eh it like that" or words to that effect - he has always believed it was in tribute to the Dutch contingent and was in no way bigoted at all, and the first time he has ever heard it being linked to bigotry was when Michael Stewart put both him and 'Doddsy' to the sword.

I doubt any Superscoreboard pundits would come out with such pish bar Derek Johnstone, who at least has the excuse of being paid by Rangers.

What else has never occured to Derek Ferguson? That black and white minstrel shows might be offensive to black people? That Holocaust deniers might offensive to Jewish people? Nothing would surprise me.

I actually don’t mind derek Ferguson as a pundit but please tell me he didn’t claim he didn’t know the connotations of an orange strip? [emoji1]

He also said a few weeks ago he’d be “ignoring” Partick’s away kit. Willie Miller has been raging about Peterhead playing in pink just beforehand. These people are dinosaurs.

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

He also said a few weeks ago he’d be “ignoring” Partick’s away kit. Willie Miller has been raging about Peterhead playing in spunk just beforehand. These people are dinosaurs.

come again?

if that is the right phrase......

7 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

He also said a few weeks ago he’d be “ignoring” Partick’s away kit. Willie Miller has been raging about Peterhead playing in spunk just beforehand. These people are dinosaurs.

To be fair so would I, wait till after the game so it doesn't impact performance!