Sportsound Watch

I'm sure Chick Young's incorrect attendance from Saturday was only mentioned in jest, not as a genuine point. I was only half listening though.
They spent a fair bit of time discussing Cowdenbeath at the start of the program. By which I mean they talked about how Craig Levein's dog seemed to have killed a seagull on the pitch earlier, the fence around the pitch (and how Craig Levein helped put it up?), and about 20 minutes on how narrow the pitch is.
They then moved onto Tierney, the European games and 5 minutes before kick off remembered to read out the list of other league cup games tonight, with no time to actually comment on them.

It wasn’t said in jest.

It was said in a “let’s give Cowdenbeath fans a pat on the back, what an advert for summer football” tone.

15 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

First time I've heard Stuart McFarlane commentate. He sets the scene very well and has a great voice. Hope to hear more of him this season. 

I listened in from about 9.10 to the non-event that was the second half at Cowdenbeath, but have to say I did like that commentator.

I just read Chick Young’s Wiki entry. I now feel sorry for him and will have to try to stop being nasty to him on here.

Although I would really like to know the story of how he made a career for himself. Also how he can retire and still be on the radio.

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I just read Chick Young’s Wiki entry. I now feel sorry for him and will have to try to stop being nasty to him on here.

Although I would really like to know the story of how he made a career for himself. Also how he can retire and still be on the radio.

Born in Govan. 

I see.

Born in Govan. 

I see.

Dad died from a heart attack at 47. Son died at 20, back in 2001.

The Govan thing was also a factor. Never had a chance and he’s had to pretend he loves St Mirren all these years. Maybe he’s finally convinced himself.

Was disappointed at the weekend to see football punted in favor of the golf, couldn’t see why they couldn’t have put golf on FM and footie on MW, not like they haven’t done that before. No doubt that’s what would have happened if OF had been playing.

Dad died from a heart attack at 47. Son died at 20, back in 2001.

The Govan thing was also a factor. Never had a chance and he’s had to pretend he loves St Mirren all these years. Maybe he’s finally convinced himself.
I think he was/is a Rangers fan but his dad was a Saints fan and when he passed away he started supporting us because of his dad.

That's what i have read about it anyway, maybe BS but its obvious he has a soft spot for Rangers and an affiliation with ourselves.

He's a fucking dick, a black hole of cash paid by license payer's money for his utterly empty contribution for years.

He only became some sort of "name" because of Only an Excuse some years back.

A horrendous broadcaster who has offered nothing but nonsense for years.

9 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

He's a fucking dick, a black hole of cash paid by license payer's money for his utterly empty contribution for years.

He only became some sort of "name" because of Only an Excuse some years back.

A horrendous broadcaster who has offered nothing but nonsense for years.

Strewth, Stella.  The man will be reading this.  Have some respect.

Chick, you're a useless jobbie and anyone on this board could do your job better than you.  Except bennett.  Maybe.

I'd rather have Hawk, Kincardine and possibly Virginton as analysts before this clown.

Well in fairness to Kincardine, and even Bennett, watching the **** on the telly and never going to Ibrox is a critical line on the CV of a BBC Scotland sports pundit. Both highly qualified.

3 hours ago, The DA said:

Chick, you're a useless jobbie and anyone on this board could do your job better than you.  Except bennett.  Maybe.

What if Chick *is* bennett?