Sportsound Watch

36 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
10 hours ago, Dele said:
"Keiran Tierney is a good, down to Earth lad. He still goes about with his mates. He doesn't wear designer gear or that" 
f**k up, Preston. 

Guess which player is a client of the agency of which pundit?

The whole "Preston as an agent" thing is beyond embarrassing now for Sportsound. 

His shameless promotion of his players should be getting him punted - or at the very least limiting his airtime.

I had to switch off on Saturday as he was spouting stuff (not negative) about the Hibs takeover, and simply couldnt help himself being "Mister In The Know" banging on about how he knew this deal was happening "weeks before" etc etc.

He is so full of shite and his scattergun approach guarantees that occasionally something he says is right - a stopped clock and all that.

How the BBC can analyse this programme and determine its either quality or fit for the 21st century is beyond me - I can only assume the producers are even further in the dark ages than the SFA hierarchy.

The problem is they're all drinking buddies.  You can imagine Richard Gordon and the other hosts would have some input in who's on the show.  They're hardly going to say 'Look biscuits, you talk utter shite and are almost as bad a pundit as Packie*, so you're out.  See you for golf tomorrow and a few jars aye?'

image.jpeg.a3479b9ea112059f644aa8e4ca6190e0.jpeg

The whole "Preston as an agent" thing is beyond embarrassing now for Sportsound. 
His shameless promotion of his players should be getting him punted - or at the very least limiting his airtime.
I had to switch off on Saturday as he was spouting stuff (not negative) about the Hibs takeover, and simply couldnt help himself being "Mister In The Know" banging on about how he knew this deal was happening "weeks before" etc etc.
He is so full of shite and his scattergun approach guarantees that occasionally something he says is right - a stopped clock and all that.
How the BBC can analyse this programme and determine its either quality or fit for the 21st century is beyond me - I can only assume the producers are even further in the dark ages than the SFA hierarchy.

A few years back, Sportsound also acted as a free advertising service for Wiggie Smith and his stable of gluepot nags.
The precedent is set.

"Keiran Tierney is a good, down to Earth lad. He still goes about with his mates. He doesn't wear designer gear or that" 
f**k up, Preston. 
I'm sure he also said Tierney didn't even own a watch. No point if you can't tell the time admittedly, but what has not owning a watch got to do with it? Are all watch owners arrogant b*****ds?

I'm sure he also said Tierney didn't even own a watch. No point if you can't tell the time admittedly, but what has not owning a watch got to do with it? Are all watch owners arrogant b*****ds?

I think he’s implying Tierney is thick as pig shit. Which, to be fair, wouldn’t be that surprising.

5 hours ago, The Marly said:
On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 22:09, Dele said:
f**k up, Preston. 

Shut it watchy.

The conspicuously expensive watch serves as a pretty useful indicator of a bellend with too much money. I assume that there will be a lot of footballers wearing that kind of thing

That might be what he’s getting at

On 08/07/2019 at 08:53, Green Day said:

They get away with it because knuckle draggers continue to listen to it despite thinking it's shite. Why would they consider changing things when what they do continues to get listeners?

45 minutes ago, Warren Mears said:

They get away with it because knuckle draggers continue to listen to it despite thinking it's shite. Why would they consider changing things when what they do continues to get listeners?

IMO, it's simply lack of choice. Unless you live in Glasgow and want to listen to Clyde, BBC is the only option. 

Something else as a disruptor would be excellent, but not sure the financials would stack up.

Just now, Green Day said:

IMO, it's simply lack of choice. Unless you live in Glasgow and want to listen to Clyde, BBC is the only option. 

Something else as a disruptor would be excellent, but not sure the financials would stack up.

There's the option of simply not choosing.

Neil Lennon just made an absolute fool out of Liam McLeod, who referred to an “Equadorian lad” followed by thirty seconds of dead air. Neil Lennon then goes “never heard of him.”

The guys in the studio just laughed it off, but it was staggeringly bad research by McLeod.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Neil Lennon just made an absolute fool out of Liam McLeod, who referred to an “Equadorian lad” followed by thirty seconds of dead air. Neil Lennon then goes “never heard of him.”

The guys in the studio just laughed it off, but it was staggeringly bad research by McLeod.

Unless NL is lying, which I suspect might be the case.