Sportsound Watch

McCanns rant only goes to prove what a classless p***k he really is , as I listened to it live I struggled to think what McIntyre had said that was so provocative. 

Had Dundee just won the cup or league we would no doubt have seen McCann writing in some paper ,  that the squad was of course partly his players and he deserves some degree of recognition for the groundwork he did whilst in charge .

1 minute ago, kennysmassiveego said:

McCanns rant only goes to prove what a classless p***k he really is , as I listened to it live I struggled to think what McIntyre had said that was so provocative. 

Had Dundee just won the cup or league we would no doubt have seen McCann writing in some paper ,  that the squad was of course partly his players and he deserves some degree of recognition for the groundwork he did whilst in charge .

What he took issue with I think, was when McIntyre said he (McIntyre) had failed with his signings, and the previous manager had also failed. 

It was quite correct. McCann just couldn't take it because he's a wee egotistical pussy.

29 minutes ago, Rugster said:

What he took issue with I think, was when McIntyre said he (McIntyre) had failed with his signings, and the previous manager had also failed. 

It was quite correct. McCann just couldn't take it because he's a wee egotistical pussy.

You’re correct with the assumption that McIntyre apportioned some blame onto McCann , which let’s face it all managers will attempt to do if they can get away with it after a poor season . Conversely when  Lee McCulloch took over from Lee Clark , If i recall correctly , when we escaped relegation Clark from his position at Bury was claiming some credit for that feat .

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

We were temporarily in 6th place when Clark left, so he was claiming that as a success. Relegation was never really on the cards that season.

We were only assured of safety with 2 games to spare. 

3 minutes ago, Estragon said:

We were only assured of safety with 2 games to spare. 

That's true, but we were always fairly comfortably better off than the teams below us. There wasn't ever any stage where I remember being particularly worried about being dragged into it. We were still in with a shout of getting the final top 6 spot right up to the last couple of games before the split, and we were never below 8th at any point as far as I can tell.

Just catching up, what fantastic news the Scott McDonald will not be on the BBC any longer. A truly useless pundit, commentator and presenter. He was actually proud that he has such a poor grasp of the English language that he made up words.

Who will the BBC bring in to replace him? I would have thought Doolan might be a candidate but he's never played for Celtic or Rangers

23 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Who will the BBC bring in to replace him? I would have thought Doolan might be a candidate but he's never played for Celtic or Rangers

Darren O’Dea is an absolute NAP to be asked into the Sportsound team now he’s retired. Wether he’s competent, legible or knowledgeable will come a distant second to the fact he’s played with Celtic. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

7 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Darren O Dea is an absolute NAP to be asked into the Sportsound team now he’s retired. Wether he’s competent, legible or knowledgeable will come a distant second to the fact he’s played with Celtic. 

He'd be legible if you stuck an apostrophe in his surname.

9 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Darren O’Dea is an absolute NAP to be asked into the Sportsound team now he’s retired. Wether he’s competent, legible or knowledgeable will come a distant second to the fact he’s played with Celtic. 

I have :huh:

It’s a shame jim Goodwin can’t be on more regularly, he’s always very good.

Tend to agree that we’ll be hearing a lot from Darren o’dea next season.
Jim Goodwin is excellent but must wonder what he has done to deserve working with such morons. O'Dea could be fun, I think once you come to terms with the fact it's no longer a sports journalism show and infact a comedic farce you tend to enjoy them screaming over each other a whole lot more.

They genuinely don't seem to know what league Berwick would play in should they be relegated.

Biscuits makes Dodds sound like he’s delivering the Reith lecture. The silence and false laughter after his “go back to their own country” joke was painful.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Biscuits makes Dodds sound like he’s delivering the Reith lecture. The silence and false laughter after his “go back to their own country” joke was painful.

That was a quite horrendous attempt at patter. It's like when away fans sing 'Flower of Scotland' at Shielfield