Sportsound Watch

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Fine.

A single example used only in certain games. The exception to the rule.

Not really, it took me 2 seconds to think about it, quite embarrasing that you didnt know about it.

Edited by Jason King

1 minute ago, Jason King said:

Not really, it took me 2 seconds to think about it, quite embarrasing that you didnt know about it.

In what way is it embarrassing?

40 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

In what way is it embarrassing?

Not as embarrassing as Neil McCann's outpouring on Saturday's Sportsound.

Just listening to the podcast at the moment, yikes...

The commentator at the Ayr vs Inverness game has stated that 'away goals don't count'.
That will be a disappointment to Inverness, given they've just scored one, only to find out it doesn't count.
So it's still 0-0 presumably.
They obviously mean that away goals dont count double in this instance. Give them a break

The BBC have gone all clickbait.
Can't believe I'll have to read the story to find out the identity of the cracking pundit that's leaving.

The responses to that are terrific.

I only fear they’ll find a way to have him contribute via Skype every week.

The responses to that are terrific.

I only fear they’ll find a way to have him contribute via Skype every week.
I wonder what they think of the replies? Do they just think folk online are dicks, or do they think it's folk just having banter?

Their pundits are atrocious, and the public are literally telling them.

I wonder what they think of the replies? Do they just think folk online are dicks, or do they think it's folk just having banter?

Their pundits are atrocious, and the public are literally telling them.

It’s hard to tell. Presumably they ignore it. There may also be a sizeable percentage of their audience incapable of abstract thought, and get their opinions from Pat Bonner. The real worry is that the majority of listeners like these imbeciles.

Edit: somebody at the BBC genuinely thinks Scott McDonald was the best person available to present their Scottish football, despite him not being able to read from a script or wrap up a programme, or even talk properly. At least Thompson is improving.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
18 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
The commentator at the Ayr vs Inverness game has stated that 'away goals don't count'.
That will be a disappointment to Inverness, given they've just scored one, only to find out it doesn't count.
So it's still 0-0 presumably.

They obviously mean that away goals dont count double in this instance. Give them a break

Do you not do comedy? That post from DA Baracus made me laugh anyway.

On 08/05/2019 at 12:24, Estragon said:

Not as embarrassing as Neil McCann's outpouring on Saturday's Sportsound.

Just listening to the podcast at the moment, yikes...

Yes, that was quite something.

I'm no fan of McIntyre as a manager, but what he said was, I thought, relatively innocuous in the circumstances.  I suppose bits of it might have irked a listening former manager, but it really was not the focus of what was being said at all.

McCann went pretty nuts though. He's obviously a really difficult bugger who looks for confrontation.  He drew far more attention to any implicit criticism by getting so angrily defensive about it, than would otherwise have been the case.  

10 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, that was quite something.

I'm no fan of McIntyre as a manager, but what he said was, I thought, relatively innocuous in the circumstances.  I suppose bits of it might have irked a listening former manager, but it really was not the focus of what was being said at all.

McCann went pretty nuts though. He's obviously a really difficult bugger who looks for confrontation.  He drew far more attention to any implicit criticism by getting so angrily defensive about it, than would otherwise have been the case.  

It was a strange reaction from McCann.  Still very defensive of his management spell, I see.  It wasn't anything unreasonable from McIntyre at all, although I suspect some of the red tops were probably unable to grasp the nuances.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It was a strange reaction from McCann.  Still very defensive of his management spell, I see.  It wasn't anything unreasonable from McIntyre at all, although I suspect some of the red tops were probably unable to grasp the nuances.

Oh, I've not got a relegation on my CV. Aye, only because they fucking emptied you Neil. An embarrassing rant from him.

Just now, Rugster said:

Oh, I've not got a relegation on my CV. Aye, only because they fucking emptied you Neil. An embarrassing rant from him.

After, lest we forget, he said that he didn't want to be a manager and then changed his mind a week later - presumably when Dundee offered substantially higher wages.