Sportsound Watch

5 hours ago, BoydiesBelly said:

Should have made it clearer that I only used that as an example because it's songs that I actually enjoy but just don't think there's a place for at football grounds. Obviously a song that contains sectarian abuse e.g. should be punished in a far stronger way.

The problem is what one person is offended by, maybe acceptable to another.

I see your point but it's a bit of a minefield tbh.

11 hours ago, Green Day said:

MS rightly pointed out that the court dealing with the erse who confronted Taverner is one thing, but there is no solution to 4000 people singing sectarian songs.

If only there was a bill which dealt with offensive behaviour and was working.....

4 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

The problem with the Strict Liability argument is it’s so fucking boring that football fans lose interest very quickly.

f**k Strict Liability. Just get the police and stewards to do the jobs the club are paying them for.

This, it shouldn't be up to clubs to enforce laws, that's the police and courts job.

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

The problem is what one person is offended by, maybe acceptable to another

If only there was a bill which dealt with offensive behaviour and was working.....

This, it shouldn't be up to clubs to enforce laws, that's the police and courts job.

1. Sectarian singing isnt acceptable, and hasnt been for 400 years

2. I am not advocating SL, but what would your solution to the illegal songs your fans chant? Genuine quenstion - do you have an answer?

3. Of course the clubs dont enforce laws, but if Rangers and Celtic encourage sectarianism (which they do) then is there some culpability there? Of course there is, and only a moron would suggest otherwise.

8 minutes ago, Green Day said:

1. Sectarian singing isnt acceptable, and hasnt been for 400 years

2. I am not advocating SL, but what would your solution to the illegal songs your fans chant? Genuine quenstion - do you have an answer?

3. Of course the clubs dont enforce laws, but if Rangers and Celtic encourage sectarianism (which they do) then is there some culpability there? Of course there is, and only a moron would suggest otherwise.

1. It needs left in the past.

2. The offensive behaviour bill was working, songs would start and fade away when it got to the offensive bits. It was a deterrent and should have remained.

3. Can you give examples of Sevco encouraging sectarianism?

On 08/04/2019 at 11:52, killiekranky said:

Willie Miller, Pat Bonnar and Chic Young sound like someone recorded a conversation in an old folks home

and head injury victim Derek Ferguson has been put in with them as theres no room at the hospital.

Sleveringly inaccurate, uninforming,teeth grindingly horrible way to try and listen to a game.

Please freshen it up with some young sports journalists who know, understand and can actually see the game from the commentary box.

Yes we will miss all the anecdotes about "everything being better in the 80's", but we'll get over it.

Please put Paddy out to pasture.  

Willie Miller exudes class in most things he says.

On 07/04/2019 at 23:07, Crawford Bridge said:

You might be, I most certainly am not. 

I love how loads of people come on here and slaughter anything that BBC Scotland (radio and TV) do, and then say that they don’t pay their licence fee.

Just now, kingjoey said:

I love how loads of people come on here and slaughter anything that BBC Scotland (radio and TV) do, and then say that they don’t pay their licence fee.

Why the f**k would I pay for something I don't have to? It's an illegal, forced subscription and anybody who pays for one is a total mug.

I bet you believe in detector vans?

17 minutes ago, bennett said:

3. Can you give examples of Sevco encouraging sectarianism?

with zero thought....... Orange strips, strips with sashes on them?

Neither of which have any sectarian connotations:lol:

5 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

...And the reason you object to it is because there is no need for it or it's inappropriate.
For the sake of going around in circles singing songs is not offensive.
I get that in this day and age fans are fed up with sectarian singing 20 years after the good Friday agreement.

Celtic supporter wanting Celtic supporters to be able to sing and do what they want shock.

13 minutes ago, Green Day said:

with zero thought....... Orange strips, strips with sashes on them?

Neither of which have any sectarian connotations:lol:

A sectarian colour?

We have strips the sash on them?

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

A sectarian colour?

We have strips the sash on them?

It wisnae King William of Magnolia, was it you fanny........

And yes, you have a strip with a sash.

35 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Why the f**k would I pay for something I don't have to? It's an illegal, forced subscription and anybody who pays for one is a total mug.

I bet you believe in detector vans?

I’m not saying that you pay the licence fee, it’s your choice. What I’m saying is that if you choose not to pay the fee, don’t criticise the programmes, leave that to people who finance them.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I’m not saying that you pay the licence fee, it’s your choice. What I’m saying is that if you choose not to pay the fee, don’t criticise the programmes, leave that to people who finance them.

That's not how things work.