Sportsound Watch

Kris Boyd is just weird. Is he all there?
A complete embarrassment to Kilmarnock FC. How can their fans tolerate him in the press gushing about sevco as well? 
Clearly you haven't read the posts on Killie Kickback then....

6 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I hope Christie gets given a chance at Celtic next season, really talented player who has a chance of becoming a decent internationalist.

After his performance against us on Saturday , he would struggle to get a game at our Thursday 5 a side level, never mind a opportunity to make a mark at Parkhead. If Malky gives him a cap in these two friendlies , it will compromise his prospects of getting the job full-time imo.

Edited by happyaccie

35 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

After his performance against us on Saturday , he would struggle to get a game at our Thursday 5 a side level, never mind a opportunity to make a mark at Parkhead. If Malky gives him a cap in these two friendlies , it will compromise his prospects of getting the job full-time imo.

Bit of an overreaction to one bad game surely?

That's why I shouldn't have to listen to him.
He can't even speak about Barry Ferguson convincingly, never mind anything else.

Given the BBC employ Barry Ferguson and fat Kris Boyd as football commentators, if you had to listen to one of them, which one would it be?

Personally I'd prefer to have a larger depth and breadth of football commentators. If they are going to be ex-pros I want a larger batch employed by the BBC, so they can regularly chop and change it.

As a (now very occasional) listener, I feel almost as irate as fat Kris Boyd that he is given airtime. He is nowhere near the quality required. He's a fat, shouty, ignorant, washed-up, ex Sevco nugget, who is currently back slumming it at Killie, while pining for (dead) Rangers.

I would like to hear from more past greats. The Interviews the BBC did a while back where ex-pros spoke of the 3 greatest games of their lives were excellent. Get a few more of these guys signed up.

Which ex-players would you like to hear from as BBC Commentators?

I dont care. I just want them all to be tested thouroughly and anyone that starts sentences with "for me" or says "football match" should be shot dead. The rest can have a go.

Sounds reasonable. A cull of muppets. Goodbye, Kris!

Which ex-Falkirk greats would you like to hear from?

For some reason, I'd like to hear from Davie Narey. Also Paul McStay, although I believe he lives in Australia now.

39 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Given the BBC employ Barry Ferguson and fat Kris Boyd as football commentators, if you had to listen to one of them, which one would it be?

Kris Boyd.

He obviously delivered a pretty deranged performance the other night, but I generally don't mind him.  He's a lot smarter than Barry Ferguson.

29 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Personally I'd prefer to have a larger depth and breadth of football commentators. If they are going to be ex-pros I want a larger batch employed by the BBC, so they can regularly chop and change it.

As a (now very occasional) listener, I feel almost as irate as fat Kris Boyd that he is given airtime. He is nowhere near the quality required. He's a fat, shouty, ignorant, washed-up, ex Sevco nugget, who is currently back slumming it at Killie, while pining for (dead) Rangers.

I would like to hear from more past greats. The Interviews the BBC did a while back where ex-pros spoke of the 3 greatest games of their lives were excellent. Get a few more of these guys signed up.

Which ex-players would you like to hear from as BBC Commentators?

I'm not keen to hear from many ex-players at all.  Most aren't bright enough to be broadcasters.  

I like Michael Stewart, but I'm struggling to think of other Scottish ones who have a perspective worth sharing.

He didn't play many hundreds of qualifiers for Scotland and fewer yet that were as hideously memorable.
He also is involved in an industry that measures things absolutely by dated season.  
Only imbeciles can't recall dates like that reliably.  It drives me mad on Off The Ball when they get the year of every frigging thing wrong.
It's not difficult.

You’re a tedious bore. Just stop listening ffs. No one cares.

Why do some people in Scotland say Preeeemyur by the way, that’s Houston and McCall doing it now, mildly irritating.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You’re a tedious bore. Just stop listening ffs. No one cares.

Why do some people in Scotland say Preeeemyur by the way, that’s Houston and McCall doing it now, mildly irritating.

Why would I stop listening to something I'm interested in?

Why would I stop listening to something I'm interested in?

You have just said you don’t want to hear ex players speaking apart from Michael Stewart...? Who’s actually a regular on it that isn’t an ex player? Tom English?

Nearly convinced that you only listen to it so you can come and greet about it on here.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

You have just said you don’t want to hear ex players speaking apart from Michael Stewart...? Who’s actually a regular on it that isn’t an ex player? Tom English?

Nearly convinced that you only listen to it so you can come and greet about it on here.

I'd rather that the focus was more on journalistic opinion, than on an ex-player one.

I know their ranks include some dafties too, but I prefer listening to even Jackson, than the likes of Pat Bonner.

I'm not keen to hear from many ex-players at all.  Most aren't bright enough to be broadcasters.  
I like Michael Stewart, but I'm struggling to think of other Scottish ones who have a perspective worth sharing.

Maybe they should hold auditions and see which ex-pros make the grade. There must be a few of them who can tell a story. If they can form a logical opinion and express it well, they're in.

Ex-pros taking over pundit role is horrific. The overwhelming majority don't know the rules of the game they played, lack an in depth knowledge of the game they are apparently expert on, are loathe to genuinely criticise their fellow players and, worst of all, increasingly promote cheating as it's second nature to them.  The sad fact is we are stuck with them and it's just going to get worse with it now being a career move after their playing days and numerous courses available for them to learn how to become the accepted clone churning out basically the same crap as everyone else.