Sportsound Watch

Only caught bits of the program last night. While Broadfoot was correct to point out some clear flaws in the survey, and question its merit, instead of discussing it rationally he continuously interrupted anyone trying to speak about it and basically came across as a bit of a dick. Similar to Kris Boyd the night before (though less mental), it wasn’t his point that was the issue, just how he addressed it.

Earlier in the program, while discussing Dundee Utd appointing Csaba Laszlo one of them kept describing it as “an experiment”. They were never questioned on what  made this more of an experiment than hiring Jim McIntyre and Sportsound favourite Billy Dodds (their preferred choice). They obviously could have pointed out that it’s been a long time since Laszlo was involved in Scottish football but it kind of came across as another he’s not Scottish/we don’t know him as well type opinion.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Fair play to Lennon those are comments we need in Scottish football.

A refreshing change from the likes of souness crying that the English don’t enjoy Scottish football.

Souness is a daft Brexit supporting Thatcherite. His opinions about everything except signing Catholics are nonsense.

It's more disrespectful than anything. Making ill informed comments about his fellow pros who he will face again at least twice this season. 

For me, the Holland match is a chance for new players to shine. A chance to try out formations and build towards a successful qualifying campaign.

I sincerely hope Boyd's made to eat his world good and proper like.

His ranting seemed far too strong and forceful to be any sort of grandstanding, he clearly meant it, and more, he clearly has a huuuuuge grudge against Aberdeen for some reason.
The next Dons v **** match is going to be incredibly interesting. 

Kris drumming up ticket sales masterstroke?

3 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Earlier in the program, while discussing Dundee Utd appointing Csaba Laszlo one of them kept describing it as “an experiment”. They were never questioned on what  made this more of an experiment than hiring Jim McIntyre and Sportsound favourite Billy Dodds (their preferred choice). They obviously could have pointed out that it’s been a long time since Laszlo was involved in Scottish football but it kind of came across as another he’s not Scottish/we don’t know him as well type opinion.

That section needled me a bit too.   The term 'gamble' was also banded about as if McIntyre/Dodds equalled guaranteed promotion but this guy.......??

Haven't even got as far as the Shinnie comments but Boyd seemed strangely ranty about Hearts as well.

On the one hand it's good that he's commiting to saying something other than the general bland politeness current footballers normally give but it's just a shame he is talking such shite.

7 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Only caught bits of the program last night. While Broadfoot was correct to point out some clear flaws in the survey, and question its merit, instead of discussing it rationally he continuously interrupted anyone trying to speak about it and basically came across as a bit of a dick. Similar to Kris Boyd the night before (though less mental), it wasn’t his point that was the issue, just how he addressed it.

And yet Steve Clarke isn't an experiment despite having had no connection to Scottish league football since leaving St Mirren as a player.

4 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Haven't even got as far as the Shinnie comments but Boyd seemed strangely ranty about Hearts as well.

On the one hand it's good that he's commiting to saying something other than the general bland politeness current footballers normally give but it's just a shame he is talking such shite.

Hearts fans have got a *wee* thing about letting him know he's a big fat mouthbreathing cretin, so that I understand.

I thought it was a good listen, unlike last nights drivel. Boyd has got a point, not sure he went about making it the right way though.

Shinnie and McLean wouldn't get near the Scotland midfield if this game meant anything, Ryan Jack too (I know it's been mentioned he might be playing right back), I'd even have them lower than Charlie Adam, Cairney and MacDonald in the pecking order but they guys aren't going to come up for a meaningless friendly at this time of year, so it makes sense to be seen given Scottish Premiership guys a chance, and it will add a few on to the gate because they are Aberdeen players. I agreed with what Tom English and Micheal Stewart said, there's no harm in giving these guys a chance, the game means f'ck all anyway, and if they play well they could be considered to step in if needed.

I hope Christie gets given a chance at Celtic next season, really talented player who has a chance of becoming a decent internationalist.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Well if you quoted two life events at me from 15 and 17 years ago which were similar to many hundreds of other life events I had participated in over that time period I cant say I would be guarateed to get the dates right tbh.

He didn't play many hundreds of qualifiers for Scotland and fewer yet that were as hideously memorable.

He also is involved in an industry that measures things absolutely by dated season.  

Only imbeciles can't recall dates like that reliably.  It drives me mad on Off The Ball when they get the year of every frigging thing wrong.

It's not difficult.