Sportsound Watch

I enjoyed the bit where Tom English went through the 3 Rangers options for succeeding Warburton and Barry Ferguson jumped on the Director of Football one it saying he really liked that idea. Must see himself as the man to work under a DoF.

That moment of silence at 57:49 where Wilson, after trying to play down the utter shambles that Rangers are, struggled not to just blurt out WATP :lol:

7 minutes ago, gkneil said:

I enjoyed the bit where Tom English went through the 3 Rangers options for succeeding Warburton and Barry Ferguson jumped on the Director of Football one it saying he really liked that idea. Must see himself as the man to work under a DoF.

That moment of silence at 57:49 where Wilson, after trying to play down the utter shambles that Rangers are, struggled not to just blurt out WATP :lol:

Link?

34 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

'There will be hundreds of applications.  It's Rangers'

Ferguson really does live in a bubble doesn't he?

I was chuckling at the pish he was coming out with. He was saying that, outwith the 'top 4 in England', Sevco are a 'bigger team' than all of the English teams, so why would someone want to leave? Idiot. He truly is a hideous wee cretin who's entire life is a disgraceful bigot and hate filled club. Sad.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Did i hear correctly that just before the Just for Fun's game against Morton that whoever was in the studio was touting Jim Duffy for the Ibrox hotseat?

It may have been discussed here before but I dont care.

That sounds like the nonsense Chick Young comes out with - he keeps touting Duffy for the Scotland job.

3 hours ago, gkneil said:

"McLeish still views himself as a football coach first and foremost.

"But grooming the likes of Clyde manager and former Rangers skipper Barry Ferguson or his old No 2 at Genk Alex Rae, as a future first-team coach, could be a possible option to bring some longer-term stability to the club."

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/582273/rangers-chairman-dave-king-wants-stop-gap-alex-mcleish-is-willing-to-accept-job-on-those-terms/

Please let that happen.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Barry Ferguson and Alex Rae. Dream Team.

10 in a row will be here before you know it.

That would be just too glorious to imagine.

I've heard some horror stories about Alex Rae from his time at St Mirren. Lets just say his 'staunchness' isn't in question.

The gathering of fuckwits tonight are convinced Mcinnes should be the new Sevco manager.

Tbf I think he would be good for them, if they give him the time he would need to build. I disagree with their consensus that if they come in for him that he will definitely go though. I also can't see Aberdeen letting him go for cheap.

Senile old pishy hoor Archie Macpherson on Off The Ball said he wasn't in favour of the playoffs between the Premiership and Championship. He said they are artificial and that the penalties for losing them are too severe as it costs folks their jobs and causes teams to go part time should they be relegated.

Never mind that only 1 team actually has been relegated as a result of losing them, claiming that teams have to go part time should they be relegated is comical. 80% of the Championship is full time and relegated teams of course have the parachute payment. Add to this that to be in the Premiership in the first place you have to be a full time team given the level of competition to reach it and it makes his stupid dribbling ramblings even more perplexing.

Regarding folk losing their jobs; that's what happens when you're shit at it. I think he probably meant more non playing staff due to a reduced budget, but such losses would be minimal given how little of a team's budget such positions actually take up.

The playoffs have added much needed excitement and meaning to the leagues and are an overwhelmingly positive thing.

He's probably just bitter that Motherwell pumped his team in said playoffs.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Senile old pishy hoor Archie Macpherson on Off The Ball said he wasn't in favour of the playoffs between the Premiership and Championship. He said they are artificial and that the penalties for losing them are too severe as it costs folks their jobs and causes teams to go part time should they be relegated.

Never mind that only 1 team actually has been relegated as a result of losing them, claiming that teams have to go part time should they be relegated is comical. 80% of the Championship is full time and relegated teams of course have the parachute payment. Add to this that to be in the Premiership in the first place you have to be a full time team given the level of competition to reach it and it makes his stupid dribbling ramblings even more perplexing.

Regarding folk losing their jobs; that's what happens when you're shit at it. I think he probably meant more non playing staff due to a reduced budget, but such losses would be minimal given how little of a team's budget such positions actually take up.

The playoffs have added much needed excitement and meaning to the leagues and are an overwhelmingly positive thing.

He's probably just bitter that Motherwell pumped his team in said playoffs.

He was blethering a load of utter rubbish.

He claimed the qualifier v Wales at Anfield in 1977 was watched by the biggest ever British TV audience.  It wasn't even screened live throughout the UK.

15 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He was blethering a load of utter rubbish.

He claimed the qualifier v Wales at Anfield in 1977 was watched by the biggest ever British TV audience.  It wasn't even screened live throughout the UK.

Aye he said it was watched by circa 40 million people.

Hopefully he's caught soon and taken back to the home