Sportsound Watch

Is it the 90s again already?

That's basically what Tom English was saying - we've been hearing the same thing for 20 years, it's not going to happen, STFU*.

*I might be paraphrasing that last bit.

Allan Preston was even convinced the English Football League would change their voting system so the smaller clubs, desperate for the "Old Firm" money, could force it through.

Brown is worse than Jackson, both horrendous mind you, even I was seething listening to Jackson talking about his thoughts about how things went at United... Havers absolute nonsense.

Keith Jackson could go on Sportsound and tell everyone about how he'd just saved the life of a baby unicorn by giving it the kiss of life and CPR and he'd still sound like the most detestable c**t in the universe.

'Biscuits' just came out with the gem "you can't win the tie tonight but you can lose it".

If you can lose it then the other team will by default win it. So if you can lose then surely you can win it?

That one intrigued me too. In motorsport it's said you can't win a race on the first lap but you can lose it, as the Mercedes pair beautifully demonstrated on Sunday. Don't quite understand how it works in football though.

I've noticed when they take callers that almost every caller sounds like an auld duffer in his 80's who just rambles on nonsense.

It's beyond me why they've switched back to a phone-in on Monday.  I don't care what some idiot Old Firm fan from Dunfermline thinks about Ronny Deelia (sic).  I want news and I want analysis from people who know what they're talking about.  For that reason I would also ditch Derek Ferguson and Allan Preston.  I would always have Tom English or Graham Spiers on, and ban Kenny MacIntyre from using the phrases "He's got some great stories", "It's fair to say" and "We've had a great response on social media".

It's beyond me why they've switched back to a phone-in on Monday.  I don't care what some idiot Old Firm fan from Dunfermline thinks about Ronny Deelia (sic).  I want news and I want analysis from people who know what they're talking about.  For that reason I would also ditch Derek Ferguson and Allan Preston.  I would always have Tom English or Graham Spiers on, and ban Kenny MacIntyre from using the phrases "He's got some great stories", "It's fair to say" and "We've had a great response on social media".

Agreed, I actually like this Tom English fella, no fucking aboot, just says it how it is and is one of the only guys on that show who talks fucking sense!

'Biscuits' the thicko was particularly bad last night.

He made a complete fool of himself talking about the Old Firm joining the English lower leagues. Tom English tried his best to educate him, but it just wouldn't sink in.

He also admitted that he was incapable of giving a balanced opinion on John Hughes leaving ICT. "Obviously am gonnae stick up for him, he's ma cousin, eh"

Fucking idiot.

ban Kenny MacIntyre from using the phrases "He's got some great stories", "It's fair to say" and "We've had a great response on social media".

'give us a flavour of...'

The Monday phone calls are chronic. Every week there will be at least one Old Firm fuckwit who thinks the whole media is against their club. For the past few weeks it's been Celtic fans saying everyone has had it in for Deila. The only reason I can think for that section is to make you think guys like Ferguson and Preston aren't that bad after all.

And the tweets that are read out are usually shite. "So and so thinks Rodgers would be brilliant." "Someone else says all we've done is talk about Rangers." and so on. Big deal.

The Monday phone calls are chronic. Every week there will be at least one Old Firm fuckwit who thinks the whole media is against their club. For the past few weeks it's been Celtic fans saying everyone has had it in for Deila. The only reason I can think for that section is to make you think guys like Ferguson and Preston aren't that bad after all.

And the tweets that are read out are usually shite. "So and so thinks Rodgers would be brilliant." "Someone else says all we've done is talk about Rangers." and so on. Big deal.

If you think the bbc phone in is bad you should try the Radio Clyde version

It's beyond me why they've switched back to a phone-in on Monday. I don't care what some idiot Old Firm fan from Dunfermline thinks about Ronny Deelia (sic). I want news and I want analysis from people who know what they're talking about. For that reason I would also ditch Derek Ferguson and Allan Preston. I would always have Tom English or Graham Spiers on, and ban Kenny MacIntyre from using the phrases "He's got some great stories", "It's fair to say" and "We've had a great response on social media".

And taught how to say Dundee properly. Fucking DINDEE.

John Rankin. Absolute fuckin braveheart.

:lol: Aye I heard this clown. He completely misunderstood what Alan Stubbs meant when he said that his players will have to 'crawl off the pitch' at the end of today's game.