Sportsound Watch

I'm sure it's her anyway? Listen to this every morning and if it's someone other than her they're doing some impression cause I'm none the wiser? :lol:

Eta: it's a Louise? Ffs. Louise is dain my tits in then.

Believe it or not I actually despise Louise even more than Kay with a fucking E. She comes across as a horrendous human being. Anyway, I digress. f**k the Rangers!

Doncaster was just on sky sports jizzing his pants over it as well. Worldwide interest blah blah more money for everyone etc etc.

Is that all the extra money that we didn't have when they were in the top league aye? That we haven't missed in the last 4 years?

This. Using Aberdeen as an example - everything about the club is better than it was when Rangers were in the league - crowds, finances, quality of the team, league position, etc - why would an Aberdeen fan be happy to see Rangers back? There is no acknowledgement from those that run the game that a lot of people won't be happy to see this version of Rangers in league simply as it's been more enjoyable without them.

Disgusting last night. Firstly, Chick Young continually failing to identify the correct players in the Partick v Utd match, including the goalscorer, and rather than being embarrassed about it, he, and his cohorts, found it hilarious. This p***k is being paid to do a job the majority of football fans would love, and he can't even get the basics right. Absolute wage thief.

The other thing that annoyed me is this BBC boycott of Ibrox. If they really want to take a stance against The Rangers then don't cover the games at all. Ignore them. Ok so they're not sending anyone to Ibrox, but they had two people reporting on the match on OAM from a studio. One person at every other game. The volume was also cranked up so all you could hear was the zombie mutants. The sycophancy of Rob MacLean and Derek Ferguson over this mob winning the second tier, at the second time of asking, with the second biggest budget in the country was sickening.

It used to be a good programme. It's just getting worse and worse.

Fucking disgusting

^^^ Head's gone, seething etc.

Chick Young, the white Chris Kamara.

Worldwide interest blah blah more money for everyone etc etc.

This bit always cracks me up.  I've said this countless times on here.  But literally no-one outside of Scotland and Ireland gives a shit about the Old Firm, or Scottish football for that matter.

I'm not going to go down the route of attacking Rangers in any sense, but I don't see how any club - apart from Celtic - can say they're happy to have Rangers be back.  There's a small chance that Thistle could finish 4th this season, which could mean Europe if Celtic win the cup.  With Rangers up, that's likely to mean less chance of something like that happening.  It also means at least one more game a season that I'll be giving away my seat at Firhill to accomodate their fans.  Sure we'll make a few extra quid, but I'd rather finish higher up the table.

But then I'm told that it's unarguable that every club will be delighted to have them back.  Celtic will be, for obvious and understandable reasons, but everyone.  Aye, OK.

I'm not going to go down the route of attacking Rangers in any sense, but I don't see how any club - apart from Celtic - can say they're happy to have Rangers be back.  There's a small chance that Thistle could finish 4th this season, which could mean Europe if Celtic win the cup.  With Rangers up, that's likely to mean less chance of something like that happening.  It also means at least one more game a season that I'll be giving away my seat at Firhill to accomodate their fans.  Sure we'll make a few extra quid, but I'd rather finish higher up the table.

But then I'm told that it's unarguable that every club will be delighted to have them back.  Celtic will be, for obvious and understandable reasons, but everyone.  Aye, OK.

You need to differentiate between the "clubs" and the "supporters". Given that the overriding concern of most diddy clubs is "stay in business", a lot of our clubs will be glad to see Rangers up - as it will have the effect of concentrating the money back into the top tier and for a lot of clubs, having a nice gulf between the first and 2nd tiers is good survival insurance. I would imagine there would be vanishingly few supporters that would be pleased to see Rangers up, Celtic fans aside.

You need to differentiate between the "clubs" and the "supporters". Given that the overriding concern of most diddy clubs is "stay in business", a lot of our clubs will be glad to see Rangers up - as it will have the effect of concentrating the money back into the top tier and for a lot of clubs, having a nice gulf between the first and 2nd tiers is good survival insurance. I would imagine there would be vanishingly few supporters that would be pleased to see Rangers up, Celtic fans aside.

The chance of this not turning into another financial arms race over the next few years is nil IMO. I just hope we and the other clubs let them get on with it in the hope that hubris will cause another financial disaster for either or both or some fucking idiots create another league system to take them off our hands.

On a more positive note - I'm a fan of Tam McManus. He's a rarity in the sense that he's an ex-footballer that actually offers a bit of insight. I like his enthusiasm and some of his one-liners are pretty sharp.

Miles better than 'biscuits' the dribbler anyway.

Edited by Hammer Jag

The amount of pundits/journalists on Twitter last night and this morning going on about how next year is going to be interesting/intriguing/exciting sickens me too. They're all jizzing their pants over this, whilst real fans are just sad that the sycophancy is going to return.

No doubt BT Sport and Sky will ditch the Championship coverage in a hearbeat, as will Sportscene (fucking shite anwyway) and we'll be back to "normal" ie only the top flight matters.

Disgusting.

You only need to look at the attention League One and Two received after that brave team from Glasgow won they divisions at a canter and only spending £70,000,000 in doing so. Annan got a bit of press after thumping Accies in the cup recently but other than that its been a disgrace, no doubt it will be the same for the Championship next season.

Keith Jackson and a Sevco supporting Tartan Army member....BBC balance yet again.

Keith Jackson can try and tell me, as a Saints fan, that the last 4 years have been terrible but he won't be able to convince me. Yeah maybe the chairman has had to work a bit harder on the financial side but can anyone honestly say their club has suffered as much as this rocket was trying to make out earlier on? With the exception of perhaps Hibs, Utd and Killie (could even include Hamilton I guess) I'd say the last few years have been pretty good for most fans

Aberdeen have stopped being embarrassed by themselves, the highland teams have been pretty consistent and have won trophies, Hearts had a blip but seemed happier and better for it, Thistle and Dundee have improved each year and can't really complain, Motherwell have had some highs and some lows (that eventually turned into highs) but hardly been a disaster and Saints have had a fantastic time.

I may be paraphrasing but I'm sure I heard him utter something like "with Rangers being back in the top league along with Hibs and Utd the Scottish Premiership will be a proper league again".

It's been a proper league all along Keith with the 12 best teams (in terms of merit) playing each other over a season trying to get as high up the table as possible. If the current bottom 2 go down it's because they are gash and which i hate to admit it the Ibrox outfit have won the league in what appears to be a fair and square manner (until we find out King has some involvement in this Panama mess) so they deserve their chance at the top table. But it shouldn't be painted as a heroic return of the knight in shining blue armour who will rescue the stranded maiden that is the Scottish game.

Football really does get a bad deal in terms of who is given airtime to talk about the sport. Golf, Rugby, Snooker, Tennis, Swimming, Bowls, Darts etc... all have much better commentary and punditry that add to the event being watched. But what do we get on a Wednesday afternoon, Keith bloody Jackson emptying his load all over radio without any opposition. And don't get me started on that spluttering mess Billy Brown, get him right tae f**k. He's no business being anywhere near a microphone.

Keith Jackson holds supporters in a contempt that he doesn't even try to thinly veil. He was on Sportsound a few weeks ago, talking about the national team, and contributions from fans by text or Email got nothing but sneers and condescension from him.

It's patently clear that all the predictions of doom - "Armageddon", "social unrest", "nuclear winter", "unviability", "slow lingering death", the 5 clubs going bust, ending up like the League of Wales - have proven totally false.

No-one has really suffered financially, most attendances have gone up, cup trophies have been shared around, we've had something of a title race, the national team has picked-up, more young players have come through, different clubs have had shots at Europe (although their results is possibly the only area to have stagnated), and so on. Even financially TV money never fell, has now gone up, and there's now an all-time-high league naming rights deal too. We've also seen SPL-SFL merger go through, playoff introduced into Premiership, and a pyramid system started-up beneath SPFL2.

To suggest that Rangers have arrived in the nick of time and saved the game from disaster is revisionism on a grand - indeed on a brazen - scale.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Doncaster was just on sky sports jizzing his pants over it as well. Worldwide interest blah blah more money for everyone etc etc.

Is that all the extra money that we didn't have when they were in the top league aye? That we haven't missed in the last 4 years?

People are also getting their knickers in a twist over him saying they got 'demoted', which of course they weren't: they were expelled from the SPL he headed and then applied to join the SFL.

I actually find it more disappointing he refers to "4 Old Firm derbies next season".

Ok, it is likely, but Rangers finishing 'Top 6' isn't guaranteed.

Edited by HibeeJibee

On a more positive note - I'm a fan of Tam McManus. He's a rarity in the sense that he's an ex-footballer that actually offers a bit of insight. I like his enthusiasm and some of his one-liners are pretty sharp.

Miles better than 'biscuits' the dribbler anyway.

Absolutely agree with this think he is excellent good to hear a fresh voice too to be honest.

Also spoke very well about Kris Doolan maybe it's his pal!! :lol: