Sportsound Watch

I'd like to see the recruitment process for Radio Scotland.

"Right, so we need a guy to provide some good insight and also give a clear explanation of events to an audience who are unable to see anything."

"Shall we go for the guy who was one of the worst managers in top flight history and who can't speak English in any sort of coherent manner?"

"Aye, sounds good."

It seems to be a case of anyone unemployed whos been involved in Scottish football at any point of their career, regardless of actual ability to do the job.

Allan Preston's attempted analogy on Sportsound on Saturday trying to describe how easily Heart's simulation loving Juanma hits the deck: "He goes down like..like..like he's been hit by a sponge".

Enough of this "Juanma" pish as well, please. They don't refer to the Dundee scorer as "Kane".

Not really the same thing though. Folk don't refer to Xavi as "Hernandez" or Raul as "Blanco".

But they should.

Actually, in Raul's case the convention would have him referred to as Gonzalez, Blanco is his matronymic. Also, Raul is part of his name, "Juanma" appears nowhere Delgado's birth certificate.

But they should.

Actually, in Raul's case the convention would have him referred to as Gonzalez, Blanco is his matronymic. Also, Raul is part of his name, "Juanma" appears nowhere Delgado's birth certificate.

So we ought to talk about Ronaldo de Assis Moreira too then? He's not the first footballer to be known as a nickname and he won't be the last. Get a grip.

So we ought to talk about Ronaldo de Assis Moreira too then? He's not the first footballer to be known as a nickname and he won't be the last. Get a grip.

If you want, but simply "de Assis" would suffice, after all we don't refer to the Scotland manager as Gordon David Strachan.

No open all mics so watched the pompy derby game on sky then switched to this at half time to get a summery of the 'Well game. What a load of absolute pish I got about 20 seconds then all I've heard about is the Celtic game. The new guy is completely rotten as well I could do a better job than him.

No open all mics so watched the pompy derby game on sky then switched to this at half time to get a summery of the 'Well game. What a load of absolute pish I got about 20 seconds then all I've heard about is the Celtic game. The new guy is completely rotten as well I could do a better job than him.

3 Celtic players stepped up to take a free-kick - apparently they are "the 3 Musketeers".

Not Sportsound, but the woman who did the sports headlines at 5.30 claimed Hearts conceded their first goal of the season today.

I thought she said that! I managed to convince myself that I'd either misheard or misunderstood.