Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Unless NL is lying, which I suspect might be the case.


If that’s the case, it was mean spirited by Lennon. He doesn’t strike me as having that Walter Smith bullying streak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

 


If that’s the case, it was mean spirited by Lennon. He doesn’t strike me as having that Walter Smith bullying streak.

 

It sounded to me as if he was caught on the hop and just said the first thing that came into his head. Could be completely wrong though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Itself a choice.

Indeed. If more people made that choice they'd probably be happier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chick the Dick claiming that history has been made today, with Cove scoring their first ever senior goal.

Edited by Boghead ranter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the Scottish open really more popular than the league cup?

I wouldn't have thought so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Is the Scottish open really more popular than the league cup?

I wouldn't have thought so.

Celtic and Rangers aren't playing so no one in Scotland really cares, sorry did you not get told that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Is the Scottish open really more popular than the league cup?

I wouldn't have thought so.

None of them understand the format, so they just pretend it's friendlies and ignore it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Celtic and Rangers aren't playing so no one in Scotland really cares, sorry did you not get told that?

Turned it on for a few minutes today . RIchard Gordon went over to Chick to talk about the cup matches,he mentioned Hibs then went on to discuss a rangers signing and something about celtic as well. I switched off at that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard Chick Young (retired with a vengeance) saying there were 2500 at the Cowdenbeath v East Fife game. Quick check on the BBC website has the crowd as a more realistic 469.

Didn’t anyone else hear him giving that Cowden v East Fife crowd as 2500? Just want to check I’m not as fucking doolally as Chico.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I heard Chick Young (retired with a vengeance) saying there were 2500 at the Cowdenbeath v East Fife game. Quick check on the BBC website has the crowd as a more realistic 469.

Didn’t anyone else hear him giving that Cowden v East Fife crowd as 2500? Just want to check I’m not as fucking doolally as Chico.


You’re right mate. Heard it as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I heard Chick Young (retired with a vengeance) saying there were 2500 at the Cowdenbeath v East Fife game. Quick check on the BBC website has the crowd as a more realistic 469.

Didn’t anyone else hear him giving that Cowden v East Fife crowd as 2500? Just want to check I’m not as fucking doolally as Chico.

No, but I heard him announce the scorer of the third Dundee goal then announce the score as 2-0. He said Elgin had scored after "just" 29 minutes and that Berwick were leading.

Apart from that, the rest of the 3 minutes interruption to the golf was flawless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

No, but I heard him announce the scorer of the third Dundee goal then announce the score as 2-0. He said Elgin had scored after "just" 29 minutes and that Berwick were leading.

Apart from that, the rest of the 3 minutes interruption to the golf was flawless.

Henry Longhurst did mention that Trevino hit his 4th consecutive boundary through the covers, to get the match all square*

 

*If Chick can make up shite, so can I.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else hear the major balls-up with the reporting of the result of the Queens Park v Hamilton penalty shootout ?

Can’t remember if it was Chick Young or Richard Gordon who initially announced that Accies had won 5-4 on pens.  

Then about quarter of an hour later Richard Gordon told us that Queens Park had actually won 6-5 , although at first ,the way he said it gave me the impression that the mistake was that Accies had won on 6-5 penalties rather than 5-4.  

Wasn’t necessarily Gordon or Young at fault with the initial announcement , as they might simply have been passing on information given to them by someone else.

But someone was clearly incompetent and most likely just didn’t care enough about this particular game.

Chick demonstrated his own brand of incompetence by seeming to take ages to get round to confirming the outcome of the Stirling Albion-Hibs game and the penalties. He seems incapable of simply reporting a simple fact like a final score line without a fair amount of waffling and stuttering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, A96 said:

Anyone else hear the major balls-up with the reporting of the result of the Queens Park v Hamilton penalty shootout ?

Can’t remember if it was Chick Young or Richard Gordon who initially announced that Accies had won 5-4 on pens.  

Then about quarter of an hour later Richard Gordon told us that Queens Park had actually won 6-5 , although at first ,the way he said it gave me the impression that the mistake was that Accies had won on 6-5 penalties rather than 5-4.  

Wasn’t necessarily Gordon or Young at fault with the initial announcement , as they might simply have been passing on information given to them by someone else.

But someone was clearly incompetent and most likely just didn’t care enough about this particular game.

Chick demonstrated his own brand of incompetence by seeming to take ages to get round to confirming the outcome of the Stirling Albion-Hibs game and the penalties. He seems incapable of simply reporting a simple fact like a final score line without a fair amount of waffling and stuttering.

I believe that Hamilton did win 5-4 on penalties at first, however the winning penalty save was retaken due to the keeper being off his line. So they probably were told that Hamilton had won then just ignored anything else that came in. Still terrible though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Chick the Dick claiming that history has been made today, with Cove scoring their first ever senior goal.

Yeah, he's a clueless twat. Even allowing for the fact that he probably doesn't know that the Highland League is a senior league, they played in the same cup competition last season.

You'd think he'd have found out something about them at least by accident since they have "Rangers" in their name

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, A96 said:

Anyone else hear the major balls-up with the reporting of the result of the Queens Park v Hamilton penalty shootout ?

Can’t remember if it was Chick Young or Richard Gordon who initially announced that Accies had won 5-4 on pens.  

Then about quarter of an hour later Richard Gordon told us that Queens Park had actually won 6-5 , although at first ,the way he said it gave me the impression that the mistake was that Accies had won on 6-5 penalties rather than 5-4.  

Wasn’t necessarily Gordon or Young at fault with the initial announcement , as they might simply have been passing on information given to them by someone else.

But someone was clearly incompetent and most likely just didn’t care enough about this particular game.

Chick demonstrated his own brand of incompetence by seeming to take ages to get round to confirming the outcome of the Stirling Albion-Hibs game and the penalties. He seems incapable of simply reporting a simple fact like a final score line without a fair amount of waffling and stuttering.

Flashscores originally said that Hamilton won the shootout too. I don't think this was a BBC Scotland problem this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flashscores originally said that Hamilton won the shootout too. I don't think this was a BBC Scotland problem this time.
Well yes and no. Surely our national broadcaster could have had someone at most, if not all of the games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They do the golf every year, it is the football that has changed its days.  It’s one week, perhaps 2 when the Open is in Scotland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
They do the golf every year, it is the football that has changed its days.  It’s one week, perhaps 2 when the Open is in Scotland.
My original point was about the number of listeners/potential listeners that the Scottish open had yesterday.

Can they justify it taking precedence over the football?

The least they could've had was a reasonable secondary coverage of the games but they didn't. It was woeful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...