Sportsound Watch

7 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Just another in the long line of slavering - they are talking Cove up as some "plucky wee highland team" ignoring that they are incredibly well funded at the lower level (Mitch Megginson decided to play for them rather than SPFL clubs !)

Also, their continued stating that "we all love that Hamilton escape the drop every year" - Really? Would the league not prefer a bigger club like Dunfermline to be in the top league? I suspect most fans would.

They are basically a bunch of guys who are so far removed from what average football fans want / think that its almost pointless listening.

Football fans don't give a shit who is a big club or not.  You get where you are on what the team does on the park and well a team like Dunfermline are nowhere near good enough for the Premiership.  

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Someone should tell the BBC that Cove are already a senior club - Listen to Sportsound with Cove Rangers poised to win senior league place

Jim Spence wasn't a happy bunny when taken to ask over tweeting something similar.

Just now, Highland Capital said:

Jim Spence wasn't a happy bunny when taken to ask over tweeting something similar.

Good. It's a disgrace that the BBC can't get something as simple as this right.

They also posted this - "Cove Rangers have become the SPFL's newest side and ended Berwick Rangers' 68-year stay in Scotland's senior leagues by earning a League Two place." I e-mailed a complaint.

• 2 weeks later...

Was listening to Scotland v Jamaica on the wireless tonight,  and at one bit Steven Thompson tried to emphasise have close to penalty a Scotland free kick was , as "the offence was only about 7000 centimetres outside the box".

Julie Fleeting was incredulous, as I was, as she surely quickly calculated that 7000cm is actually 70m :blink:

On 18/05/2019 at 15:15, Green Day said:

Also, their continued stating that "we all love that Hamilton escape the drop every year" - Really? Would the league not prefer a bigger club like Dunfermline to be in the top league? I suspect most fans would.

They are basically a bunch of guys who are so far removed from what average football fans want / think that its almost pointless listening. 

^^^ Not over 2014. 

On 5/18/2019 at 15:15, Green Day said:

Dunfermline should have automatic top flight status for the Bridies alone.

On 5/18/2019 at 15:15, Green Day said:

Just another in the long line of slavering - they are talking Cove up as some "plucky wee highland team" ignoring that they are incredibly well funded at the lower level (Mitch Megginson decided to play for them rather than SPFL clubs !)

Most of the top Highland league clubs are well funded but Cove are the only club with any real appetite to make the step up. If they'd bothered to speak to one Highland League fan they'd have figured that out. Useless.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Most of the top Highland league clubs are well funded but Cove are the only club with any real appetite to make the step up. If they'd bothered to speak to one Highland League fan they'd have figured that out. Useless.

Yep, Brora, Formartine, Locos all have money.  Rothes have been taken over recently and signed a few good players but I don't think it's on the scale of those 3.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, Brora, Formartine, Locos all have money.  Rothes have been taken over recently and signed a few good players but I don't think it's on the scale of those 3.

Didn't realise Rothes had been taken over.

Some of the wages at that level would blow teams much further up the leagues out of the water.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Didn't realise Rothes had been taken over.

Some of the wages at that level would blow teams much further up the leagues out of the water.

They signed Dale Gillespie from Brora, Daniel Moore from Elgin and Scottie Davidson from I can't mind who (but he was the top scorer in the league the season before) and I thought 'Oofft this could be interesting'  but they sort of petered away so I'm not sure if the money has been drawn back a bit.

The money clubs seem to be funded my oil men so they kind of give them dual job contracts.  Work for the oil company Mon-Fri then play for Brora/Cove/Formartine on the Saturday for like 700/800 sheets a week.  Think that's how it works.  Brora certainly give a lot of their signings jobs with the owners firm.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

They signed Dale Gillespie from Brora, Daniel Moore from Elgin and Scottie Davidson from I can't mind who (but he was the top scorer in the league the season before) and I thought 'Oofft this could be interesting'  but they sort of petered away so I'm not sure if the money has been drawn back a bit.

The money clubs seem to be funded my oil men so they kind of give them dual job contracts.  Work for the oil company Mon-Fri then play for Brora/Cove/Formartine on the Saturday for like 700/800 sheets a week.  Think that's how it works.  Brora certainly give a lot of their signings jobs with the owners firm.

Absolutely an element of truth to some of the the second paragraph. I was told that a lot of the other guys just get ridiculous signing on fees.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Absolutely an element of truth to some of the the second paragraph. I was told that a lot of the other guys just get ridiculous signing on fees.

A mate of mine still plays in the HL and when he signed for Buckie and won back to back league titles a decade ago, he said his signing on fee was, and I quote 'v v v v good'.

19 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Was listening to Scotland v Jamaica on the wireless tonight,  and at one bit Steven Thompson tried to emphasise have close to penalty a Scotland free kick was , as "the offence was only about 7000 centimetres outside the box".

Julie Fleeting was incredulous, as I was, as she surely quickly calculated that 7000cm is actually 70m :blink:

That's a stonewall penalty at Ibrox

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, M0rtonfc said:

Ewen Cameron, what a fucking pain in the arse he is, Clyde 1 I know, but still, I felt it had to be said.

I agree, but I'm quite enjoying how much he's winding up Hugh Keevins.