Sportsound Watch

10 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

f**k Strict Liability. Just get the police and stewards to do the jobs the club are paying them for.

Agreed 100%.

Wonder what Motherwell paid for security on Sunday ? When the missiles were being launched there were about 20 police between the 2 stands doing nothing.

1 hour ago, Adam101 said:

I agree wit hyou but I dont think its fair to compare Grace to the Billy Boys. Far fairer to compare Grace to the singings of Jeruslem which I dont think anyone should be prosecuted for. Genuinley does anyone know why when the billy boys start up the police dont wade in? there is a particular line in the song which is horrifc and its regularly sung. I cant speak for the songs glorifying the rebels as Celtic havent played at EEP for some years and I dont know the words.

I think I've missed a memo

What (or indeed who) is "Grace"?

3 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Few are but that's what we're getting, as you are discovering. 

Not sure what your point is. My original point was simply that I prefer a discussion on football and hearing people's opinions, not the script that follows every off field controversy that occurs. Why you brought white males into that I don't know, and to be honest I find it strange the regular clamour to jump to blame it on demographics.

If what "we're getting" is more diversity then great, crack on, no issue here, all I want is decent debate on the football. I will leave it to you to count the different shades and sexes of human on the panel.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not sure what your point is. My original point was simply that I prefer a discussion on football and hearing people's opinions, not the script that follows every off field controversy that occurs. Why you brought white males into that I don't know, and to be honest I find it strange the regular clamour to jump to blame it on demographics.

If what "we're getting" is more diversity then great, crack on, no issue here, all I want is decent debate on the football. I will leave it to you to count the different shades and sexes of human on the panel.

No, you very obviously don't. I was agreeing with you and saying why it's politicised but just you carry on hitting out and having a good old rant. Enjoy.

4 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

No, you very obviously don't. I was agreeing with you and saying why it's politicised but just you carry on hitting out and having a good old rant. Enjoy.

Wasn't ranting.  We're clearly misunderstanding each other here so best to leave it IMO.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

To be honest, even the likes of The Sash and the Billy Boys are fairly tame songs. Catchy too.

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I hope the Soldier Song isn’t on the banned list. I quite like that one.

“Toe tappers”

While we're taking about songs

Where does the tune to the "Can you hear the <whoever> sing, no, no, Can you hear the<whoever> sing, no, no  Can you hear the<whoever> sing ? I can't hear a $*#@ing thing, no, no, no " song originally come from?

It's been bugging me for a while and I'm sure I should know

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

It's not one of the great national anthems. 
But it's far from the worst

I’m a big fan of both Ireland’s anthems. Two anthems is just greedy though.

I like the Welsh one too. We need to get ourselves one of those.

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

While we're taking about songs

Where does the tune to the "Can you hear the <whoever> sing, no, no, Can you hear the<whoever> sing, no, no  Can you hear the<whoever> sing ? I can't hear a $*#@ing thing, no, no, no " song originally come from?

It's been bugging me for a while and I'm sure I should know

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Is this the only reason you want strict liability?

I am not asking for SL, just commenting on the Sportsound - who were banging on about one aspect of poor behaviour - and yet again (as they have been doing for decades) ignoring the worst of the illegal activity.

Until and unless the toxic sectarianism that is part of Rangers and Celtic fans is put front and centre of this debate, then the wee p***ks throwing stuff at Easter Road, Tynecastle, Fir Park or wherever will feel they have some justification in saying "f**k you" to Leeann Dempster, Anne Budge, and Alan Burrows when asked to behave.

Now I dont condone chucking stuff on the pitch, confronting Sevco players, or any of that shite - but if there are 4000 Celtic or Rangers fans calling your manager a ****** b*****d, or calling Hibs fans soup takers etc, then these fannies will feel justified and enabled in their stupidity.

My point - and I know you got it and are just being obtuse  - was that the only one that actually put his head above the parapet on this last night (and consistently does) was Michael Stewart.

Now why is that? Is it because he lives in Edinburgh is therefore not worried about his windows being tanned in? Or is it because the rest of the commentators are so shit scared of the Rangers and Celtic gravytrain that they do f**k all - ever - to rock that boat?

Gies a sensible answer, eh?

Edited by Green Day