• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

Question: It's 2014 so why the f**k are the MW broadcasts never available online or digitally?

Because BBC Glasgow are stuck in 1690.

Having conversed with Richard Gordon on the old Twitter I'd say the guy is a bit of an arse he a competent presenter though an arse all the same.

I listened to this for the first time in a while on Saturday and I was a pissed off to hear Willie Miller doing the Saints game, what's that all about? the guy is just a cheer leader is it too much to ask for someone impartial?

Don't expect an impartial and objective account of any game on BBC Sportsound if it involves Aberdeen. Its a Dons love fest. You don't have to listen to it you know - you can always switch off.

Tom English is generally good, but he's guilty of one of my pet hates of Scottish broadcasters. Before the first leg of the Maribor tie he said "We don't know much about this Maribor side" and "We don't know what the standard of Slovenian football is like" - well Tom, it's your job to find out. In the digital age it wouldn't take much to find some Slovenian journalists on Twitter, ask if you can have a chat, and find out more about the side that whichever Scottish team is due to face.

The same goes for the "I'm not even going to try and pronounce that name" patter - once again, it's your job to find that out.

Tom English is generally good, but he's guilty of one of my pet hates of Scottish broadcasters. Before the first leg of the Maribor tie he said "We don't know much about this Maribor side" and "We don't know what the standard of Slovenian football is like" - well Tom, it's your job to find out. In the digital age it wouldn't take much to find some Slovenian journalists on Twitter, ask if you can have a chat, and find out more about the side that whichever Scottish team is due to face.

The same goes for the "I'm not even going to try and pronounce that name" patter - once again, it's your job to find that out.

Yep. And if they are all far too busy to do their homework then there are such beings as researchers that could prepare a briefing for them to glance over before opening their gobs and admitting their ignorance. There really is no excuse for it.

I think it's become a bit of an affectation, part of the "don't appear educated" aspect of Scottish football-related masculinity.

Yep. And if they are all far too busy to do their homework then there are such beings as researchers that could prepare a briefing for them to glance over before opening their gobs and admitting their ignorance. There really is no excuse for it.

In 2014, if anyone is paid to report/comment on football and say things like "i think he scored about 10 goals last season? " etc. I would sack them.

Don't expect an impartial and objective acount of any game on BBC Sportsound if it involves Aberdeen. Its a Dons love fest. You don't have to listen to it you know - you can always switch off.

Can't agree with this at all. Richard Gordon seems perfectly capable of giving objective reports to me.

Can't agree with this at all. Richard Gordon seems perfectly capable of giving objective reports to me.

He's calmed down a bit now, it was worse in the past, but he tries his best to avoid talking about them when they lose but when they win, it is a love fest basically

Chick Young on the verge of tears because people are having a go at his pal Fat Sally.

I'm on my phone just now. If I was on the laptop I would probably do about 1000 words on that piece of radio.

Young is fucking pathetic. Is he even a journalist? I mean does he investigate stories or write thought provoking articles on issues of the day? As far as I can tell the likes of young serve only to exclusively reveal team news read off the team sheet and act as a mouth piece for the old firm.

Anyway it cringey as f**k to hear actual journalists like English and mcglaughlin ragdoll his spurious rice paper arguments.apparently Sally should stay because he knows where the bodies are buried and he is doing a great job.

For decades we have had to put up with Shite like chick young, not on a privately owned tabloid, but on the national broadcaster.

In times gone by I'd perhaps have been angry or annoyed by Young's unprofessional and frankly unjournalistic airtime this afternoon - but actually the sense was more one of pity. His only rationale was to just defend "Ally", and every time he gave a reason why he shouldn't / won't be sacked Richard Gordon, Tom English or Chris McLaughlin tore it up, at which point Chick scrambled-up another amid semi-blubbering, which was itself promptly torn-up, and so on.

It's all the Board's fault; fans are wrong to blame McCoist; he's doing a good job; the reason they won't sack him isn't the £1.5M pricetag, it's as he's "got stories to tell".

Edited by HibeeJibee

I remember hearing Chick defend Ally's wages when the team was in the old Div 3