Sportsound Watch

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I fully believe if Rangers were two points behind a Celtic side on the cusp of 10 in a row, and any sectarian offence carried a 3 point fine, some would willingly take the punishment.

Other countries manage this stuff quite easily when it comes to hooliganism, for example.

When I was in Poland it was necessary to either register with a club before being eligible to buy tickets (which could then easily be traced to you) or to present your ID when paying your way in.

This makes it really easy to manage who can or cannot buy tickets for games and to quickly identify and take action against people who cause bother.

It wouldn't be too hard for the Old Firm to implement such a scheme. Tickets are linked to seats, making identification easy. Stadiums have cameras and stewards and police and other witnesses. If someone offends, you simply ban them from being able to go to games. People would not be willing to bar themselves from attending the football - not to mention financial penalties and/or a criminal record -  in order to make the other lot look bad.

Edited by JTS98

18 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

How would they get tickets for the game? 

Folk are selling tickets for their games on Twitter, and outside the ground. It doesn't look like a huge hassle to get a ticket, unless it's an Old Firm or the likes of Aberdeen/Edinburgh sides, who cut their allocation quite a bit.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Folk are selling tickets for their games on Twitter, and outside the ground. It doesn't look like a huge hassle to get a ticket, unless it's an Old Firm or the likes of Aberdeen/Edinburgh sides, who cut their allocation quite a bit.

I still think it's  a bit of an obstacle with a low chance of success.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

It wasn’t a great bill to be honest, I wasn’t a fan. But until football authorities and football clubs (cough, cough) actually take action it’s probably worth having something in place.

The bill was a good deterrent tho, at our games songs would start with a lot of gusto then fade away when it got to the offensive bits. Most fans weren't bold enough to risk falling foul of it.

The bill was working.

5 minutes ago, sjc said:

Not from late October through to late February in Scotland it doesn't........

Cut my grass in the last week of October, its grown like fcuk.

RE: Sectarianism. The authorities should just take the same, spineless blanket ban they've done with alcohol on public transport with supporters and just banned football.......

I don’t think you know what a ‘blanket ban’ means; either that or you haven’t actually been on a train since the restrictions were introduced.

The 9pm ban and the OBFA are similar in the sense that the new law doesn’t really make sense (and are hardly all-powerful in practice) but are sufficient to put a lid on the worst of the shite that was taking place beforehand.

An effect that has been shown in spades by the state of Scottish football has gotten into again since James Kelly, the Greens and the rest of the brain squad opposition at Holyrood repealed OBFA against overwhelming majority support from the general public.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm kind of tempted to listen to this now, but don't know if I've the stomach.

The point of course is that these guys - despite or perhaps because they've spent their lives in football - will have literally no insight or knowledge about how such issues might be handled.  Asking for their views is about as valid as asking your cat for hers.

I’ve no real time for David Currie, who was hosting it last night, but to his credit you could tell that he was exasperated and pulling his hair out with Duffy and Dodds views, or lack of them.

1 hour ago, sjc said:

RE: Sectarianism. The authorities should just take the same, spineless blanket ban they've done with alcohol on public transport with supporters and just banned football.......

Blanket ban on alcohol on public transport?!

Have you been on a train in Scotland?!

Chick Young managing to get some SNPBAD stuff in to the debate.

He then, quite ludicrously, claimed he should have been a Rangers supporter as a kid but was put off of it due to the sectarianism, and said he's never been a Rangers supporter.

Who does he think he is kidding with this shit?

Derek Ferguson then said that as a kid he went to a protestant school. Were those even a thing? To be fair to him he was making a good point about how faith schools and how they are an issue.

*Loud noises*

Richard Gordon: Can you tell us what happened, Allan?

Allan Preston: Corner comes in, they have a shot, keeper saves it, have another shot, keeper saves it, another shot, off the line, the keeper is knocked out.

...at no time, identifies which team was having all of these chances. Rob MacLean pipes in that the Hearts goalkeeper is knocked out...then corrected that it's the St Mirren keeper.

Are these c***s colour blind? 

9 hours ago, virginton said:

I don’t think you know what a ‘blanket ban’ means; either that or you haven’t actually been on a train since the restrictions were introduced.

The 9pm ban and the OBFA are similar in the sense that the new law doesn’t really make sense (and are hardly all-powerful in practice) but are sufficient to put a lid on the worst of the shite that was taking place beforehand.

An effect that has been shown in spades by the state of Scottish football has gotten into again since James Kelly, the Greens and the rest of the brain squad opposition at Holyrood repealed OBFA against overwhelming majority support from the general public.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Blanket ban on alcohol on public transport?!

Have you been on a train in Scotland?!

I wasn't being entirely serious tbh, just tenuously linking it with the various tweets I've seen recently from numerous Police Forces in Scotland after they've raided Supporters buses.

FWIW, I agree that repealing the OBFA made no sense.