Sportsound Watch

16 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Reintroduced? I think not.

History has been rewritten with regards to this. I have Rangers supporting friends who still believe Rangers were relegated to Division 3...they don’t believe me when I tell them they had to re apply to join the SFL as their team ceased to exist at one point. 

10 hours ago, Wasperoonie said:

Tom English and Pat Bonner fighting for the right to be named walloper of the evening so far tonight..

Tom English "Teams go out against Celtic with a massive budget difference in Scotland and get a hard fought draw. Some even win! Celtic have never managed that in Europe under Rodgers. Never. If you discount when they got a draw against Manchester City." 

Idiot.

33 minutes ago, Dele said:

Tom English "Teams go out against Celtic with a massive budget difference in Scotland and get a hard fought draw. Some even win! Celtic have never managed that in Europe under Rodgers. Never. If you discount when they got a draw against Manchester City." 

Idiot.

He’s not a million miles away to be fair. If a team like St. Johnstone draw at Celtic Park they won’t receive the same credit as when Celtic drew at Manchester City, even though the difference in scale of St. Johnstones budget to Celtics is much higher than Celtics to Man City. 

2 hours ago, Dele said:

Idiot.

What part do you disagree with? AFAIK Rodgers' has presided over Celtic's biggest home defeat, and biggest away in the clubs European history - his record is appalling.

These matches are where a Celtic manager should be judged, and for me he's consistently come up short. 

3 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

History has been rewritten with regards to this. I have Rangers supporting friends who still believe Rangers were relegated to Division 3...they don’t believe me when I tell them they had to re apply to join the SFL as their team ceased to exist at one point. 

Can I point out where you started to go wrong?

42 minutes ago, Estragon said:

What part do you disagree with? AFAIK Rodgers' has presided over Celtic's biggest home defeat, and biggest away in the clubs European history - his record is appalling.

These matches are where a Celtic manager should be judged, and for me he's consistently come up short. 

In his time at Liverpool he won precisely one Champions League group game.

5 hours ago, Dele said:

Idiot.

Not sure if you’re referring to yourself with the last word. Tom English is spot on. The “Celtic can beat anyone at home in Europe” mentality has disappeared during Rodgers tenure at Celtic Park. Strangely as Celtic have become more dominant in Scotland, their relevance in Europe has been watered down.

Brenda thinks that the tactics he employs at Celtic Park against the rest of Scottish teams will also work in Europe , and as Barney Rubble states , he also thought this whilst at Liverpool .

I also don’t agree with the argument that the Celtic fans demand that they go on the offensive at Celtic Park , they want success in Europe  not kamikaze tactics , this IMO shows Brenda’s short comings and why he will never again manage at the very top level . My own team were relegated by a manager , Davie Sneddon a club legend , playing attacking football without the necessary defensive qualities and personnel to cope with that .

3 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

Brenda thinks that the tactics he employs at Celtic Park against the rest of Scottish teams will also work in Europe , and as Barney Rubble states , he also thought this whilst at Liverpool .

I also don’t agree with the argument that the Celtic fans demand that they go on the offensive at Celtic Park , they want success in Europe  not kamikaze tactics , this IMO shows Brenda’s short comings and why he will never again manage at the very top level . My own team were relegated by a manager , Davie Sneddon a club legend , playing attacking football without the necessary defensive qualities and personnel to cope with that .

This. 

At a certain level of opposition, fans do not give two shits how you win. Nobody cares how they beat Barcelona or whoever else in Europe, it goes down in history as one of their best nights.

Maybe if you're playing Lincoln Red Imps, but getting through a knockout tie with Valencia would be impressive no matter how it's achieved.

44 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not sure if you’re referring to yourself with the last word. Tom English is spot on. The “Celtic can beat anyone at home in Europe” mentality has disappeared during Rodgers tenure at Celtic Park. Strangely as Celtic have become more dominant in Scotland, their relevance in Europe has been watered down.

I took it the ridiculous bit was English giving it the 'never ever ever...if you don't include the time they did' approach.

Edited by 7-2

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Tom English is spot on. 

Saying Rodgers has never managed to get a draw or a win against a team that it would be an achievement against then going straight on to saying a team he got a draw against totally contradicting himself means he's spot on to you, does it? 

Edit : 7-2's post was on a new page, he understood it. 

Edited by Dele

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

It was largely a myth based on about 3 results anyway.

40 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It was largely a myth based on about 3 results anyway.

Not really, they actually had a pretty decent home record over a period of a decade or so in Europe.

2 hours ago, Dele said:

Saying Rodgers has never managed to get a draw or a win against a team that it would be an achievement against then going straight on to saying a team he got a draw against totally contradicting himself means he's spot on to you, does it? 

Edit : 7-2's post was on a new page, he understood it. 

I think you're probably being a bit nit-picky here. 

There's no way that Rodgers gets the criticism he deserves for Celtic's European travails, and while you're right in saying it's a poorly constructed sentence - to focus on the semantics rather than the observation probably proves this point.

36 minutes ago, Estragon said:

I think you're probably being a bit nit-picky here. 

There's no way that Rodgers gets the criticism he deserves for Celtic's European travails, and while you're right in saying it's a poorly constructed sentence - to focus on the semantics rather than the observation probably proves this point.

It's not semantics, there's no confusion about what Tom English said. He made an arse of it.