Sportsound Watch

20 hours ago, Forest of Dean said:

I don't but he's obviously not actually a very good pundit. Far more interested in talking about the usual controversies and sideshows that Scottish pundits love talking about rather than actually analysing football.

Technically he is not a pundit just a journalist with an opinion,pundits are ex-footballers in the media in his words plus hes more interested in the egg chasers. 
Faddy avoiding any difficult questions was the real debate,he should have came off the show needing more lube.  

33 minutes ago, Estragon said:

I was driving home from work listening to Miller and Preston's Billy Dodds puff sesh last night and couldn't believe what I was hearing.  It was literally every negative observation about Dundee could be solved by the appointment of Billy Dodds.

Honestly waiting for Biscuits to announce that Billy Dodds has single-handedly apprehended the murderers of Jamal Khashoggi.

No, but he might have been able to apprehend a single hand..

More calls for 'Doddsy' to be appointed assistant manager at Dens tonight, including from Kenny Miller.

John Rankin even said "What would Dundee fans prefer; Jim McIntyre managing them in the Championship with a different assistant or Jim McIntyre managing them in the Premiership with Billy Dodds?".

That's the narrative they've been pushing for a while now, that Billy Dodds is some sort of super miracle assistant manager who is guaranteed to not only keep Dundee up, but have them rising up thr table, and that not appointing him is guaranteed to relegate Dundee.

This is the same Billy Dodds who was fired from Ross County.

Guest Moomintroll
More calls for 'Doddsy' to be appointed assistant manager at Dens tonight, including from Kenny Miller.
John Rankin even said "What would Dundee fans prefer; Jim McIntyre managing them in the Championship with a different assistant or Jim McIntyre managing them in the Premiership with Billy Dodds?".
That's the narrative they've been pushing for a while now, that Billy Dodds is some sort of super miracle assistant manager who is guaranteed to not only keep Dundee up, but have them rising up thr table, and that not appointing him is guaranteed to relegate Dundee.
Was there not somebody in a Football Manager thread who said if he was ever getting hammered in a game, he would use the go on holiday option and when he returned his assistant manager, who was Dodds, would have miraculously won the game. Maybe Nelms just really, really likes playing Football Manager and has mixed it up with real life.

33 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Ross County.....who were subsequently relegated without Billy Dodds y'mean?

A

3 minutes ago, killiemilan said:

Willie Miller on radio last night "Are we going to give penalties every time there's a foul in the box?".

And a couple of crackers from Preston too. "It was actually a very well taken penalty" in response to the Pen that went 3 yards past te post. he also commented that as moral was very low at Dundee they needed a "good team night out" 

Oh dear what more can we say?

12 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, that was very much the tone last night, with both Miller and Preston agreeing that McIntyre needs absolute freedom to bring in Dodds, whilst the fans must all pull together and get behind the club. 

There seemed to be a belief too that fans are split and plenty would welcome Dodds.  Maybe that's true, but there's not been evidence of it on here.

I think it's getting to the stage where there probably wouldn't be much vitriol aimed at Dodds now such is the apathy that's descended across the support but he's still not welcome.

Was there not somebody in a Football Manager thread who said if he was ever getting hammered in a game, he would use the go on holiday option and when he returned his assistant manager, who was Dodds, would have miraculously won the game. Maybe Nelms just really, really likes playing Football Manager and has mixed it up with real life.
That was me. I shit you not, Dodds was a miracle worker in that save. If anything, I was actually holding the club back by not stepping aside and letting this seemingly god-like figure take the reins.

24 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think it's getting to the stage where there probably wouldn't be much vitriol aimed at Dodds now such is the apathy that's descended across the support but he's still not welcome.

Has that been McIntyre's masterstroke?  

Deliver two execrable performances, so nobody now cares who the Hell he brings in.  Ingenious stuff.

Guest Moomintroll
That was me. I shit you not, Dodds was a miracle worker in that save. If anything, I was actually holding the club back by not stepping aside and letting this seemingly god-like figure take the reins.
Thank f**k for that, was questioning my sanity as I thought I had imagined the whole thing.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Has that been McIntyre's masterstroke?  

Deliver two execrable performances, so nobody now cares who the Hell he brings in.  Ingenious stuff.

He's a much more intelligent guy than he looks if it has been as it's worked a treat.