Sportsound Watch

23 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Before this afternoon's programme starts, it's worth remembering that neither Rangers or Celtic are playing until tomorrow.

Let's all see how this pans out shall we?...

So there shouldn't be any chit chat about Celtic and sevco on a Scottish football show?Most of the show naismith was on was all about the good start hearts have made to the season.
Most fans on here agree that Micheal Stewart is the bright light between  all the rest, the only one to recognises  there is more to Scottish football than Celtic and sevco.
The program this afternoon should be focused on the hibs v Aberdeen game with less coverage of the killie v hearts game.

So there shouldn't be any chit chat about Celtic and sevco on a Scottish football show?Most of the show naismith was on was all about the good start hearts have made to the season.
Most fans on here agree that Micheal Stewart is the bright light between  all the rest, the only one to recognises  there is more to Scottish football than Celtic and sevco.
The program this afternoon should be focused on the hibs v Aberdeen game with less coverage of the killie v hearts game.

Nobody has said they shouldn’t be talked about. It’s the ridiculous weight of distribution they tend to put on them that’s the problem.

Some weeks they will talk about the same Celtic/rangers talking point every night of the week and then some more at the weekend. It’s tiresome.

11 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Has anyone ever actually complained to the Beeb about the quality of their broadcasting, I mean its getting worse, there is nothing intresting on the show and just the same old wash ups out a job, McDonald, Commons, Hughs etc etc.

If you have complained did you get a response?

If you complain to the BBC you will get a template response from Capita, who run the BBC's "Audience Services" from, I think, a call centre in Belfast, if you get anything back at all. No one at Sportsound or BBC Scotland will be even vaguely aware of your complaint. 

If public opinion mattered to the BBC, Chick Young would never have had a career in sports journalism. His continued presence (providing irrelevant, ill-informed, mistake-ridden, childish drivel and virtualy indecipherable match reporting) on Sportsound is the best evidence there could possibly be that BBC Scotland don't care about high quality programming or shaking anything up.  Give me an ex-player any day over Chick, no matter how bad they are.

7 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Michael Stewart is a total p***k, only interested in his own opinion, never listen to it when he is on, saying that made an error in listening to it last night, David Currie was presenting, absolutely hopeless, Dodd's, MacDonald and Liam Macleod were fine as for Keith Lasley, offered nothing

1 minute ago, ecto said:

Michael Stewart is a total p***k, only interested in his own opinion, never listen to it when he is on, saying that made an error in listening to it last night, David Currie was presenting, absolutely hopeless, Dodd's, MacDonald and Liam Macleod were fine as for Keith Lasley, offered nothing

You think that in terms of broadcasting, Billy Dodds and Scott McDonald are fine, but Michael Stewart is a p***k?

That's an astonishing opinion for anyone to hold.

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Nobody has said they shouldn’t be talked about. It’s the ridiculous weight of distribution they tend to put on them that’s the problem.

Some weeks they will talk about the same Celtic/rangers talking point every night of the week and then some more at the weekend. It’s tiresome.

And is used as a constant moan fest on this thread can also get tiresome.

16 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You think that in terms of broadcasting, Billy Dodds and Scott McDonald are fine, but Michael Stewart is a p***k?

He thinks there's an apostrophe in the surname Dodds. 

12 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Has anyone ever actually complained to the Beeb about the quality of their broadcasting, I mean its getting worse, there is nothing intresting on the show and just the same old wash ups out a job, McDonald, Commons, Hughs etc etc.

If you have complained did you get a response?

They just go through the motions because they have to. I found they twist your complaint to fit in with one of their pro-forma answers then quote you that. They don't actually address your individual complaint. They basically don't care. They don't have to as their running costs are handed to them on a plate. 

55 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

So there shouldn't be any chit chat about Celtic and sevco on a Scottish football show?

No, but there should be chit chat about Scottish football on a Celtic and Sevco show.

16 minutes ago, ecto said:

I did say most fans,the odd one like you has a different view,each to their own.
Living in Glasgow you have the option of listening to this show or listening to Clyde,Clyde is all about the Glasgow clubs so there's very little distribution spent on the rest of the clubs in Scotland so when you listen to sportsound it's a breath of fresh air.Given that fans live in different parts of the country out of the Glasgow bubble and they still think sportsound is given the two Glasgow clubs to much coverage they should try listening to Clyde for a week. 

I did say most fans,the odd one like you has a different view,each to their own.
Living in Glasgow you have the option of listening to this show or listening to Clyde,Clyde is all about the Glasgow clubs so there's very little distribution spent on the rest of the clubs in Scotland so when you listen to sportsound it's a breath of fresh air.Given that fans live in different parts of the country out of the Glasgow bubble and they still think sportsound is given the two Glasgow clubs to much coverage they should try listening to Clyde for a week. 

If you listen to Clyde for only a week, BFDJ won't have finished his 70s-era anecdote yet.

11 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Of course Clyde is for absolute simpletons - I don't think that's ever been in doubt, given the pundits they choose  to employ.  

It shouldn't be used as a benchmark for comparison though, certainly not as regards what we can expect of the national broadcaster with a public service remit.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

This just shows you're another one that doesn't have a fucking clue about how the BBC's meant to work. Clyde is an independent company that is fully entitled to cover the bigots as much as it wants. They are the polar opposite of what the BBC is.  You've actually shown why the national broadcaster's saturation cover is wrong. 

Fans who wish to avoid blanket coverage of a particular region at the expense of all others should switch from National radio, to a regional Glasgow station....

Gotcha.

31 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

This just shows you're another one that doesn't have a fucking clue about how the BBC's meant to work. Clyde is an independent company that is fully entitled to cover the bigots as much as it wants. They are the polar opposite of what the BBC is.  You've actually shown why the national broadcaster's saturation cover is wrong. 

The moan fest on this thread is about Celtic and sevco getting to much coverage,apart from turning it off you listen to it then moan about it.
The BBC bias is never been in doubt as a state broadcaster the fact that some of there pundits took EBT's just shows how corrupt the BBC is.
If you are so naive to think that Clyde is any different to sportsound then you are the one that has no fucking clue of what's going on.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Hiya Michael....

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I read elsewhere that they completely ignored our game on Thursday, the only time they really discuss us is when the content is negative.

Isnt Sportsound mostly made up of sheep and them fans?

1 hour ago, VictorOnopko said:

If you complain to the BBC you will get a template response from Capita, who run the BBC's "Audience Services" from, I think, a call centre in Belfast, if you get anything back at all. No one at Sportsound or BBC Scotland will be even vaguely aware of your complaint. 

If public opinion mattered to the BBC, Chick Young would never have had a career in sports journalism. His continued presence (providing irrelevant, ill-informed, mistake-ridden, childish drivel and virtualy indecipherable match reporting) on Sportsound is the best evidence there could possibly be that BBC Scotland don't care about high quality programming or shaking anything up.  Give me an ex-player any day over Chick, no matter how bad they are.

44 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

They just go through the motions because they have to. I found they twist your complaint to fit in with one of their pro-forma answers then quote you that. They don't actually address your individual complaint. They basically don't care. They don't have to as their running costs are handed to them on a plate. 

Having never actually complained I can't say if your accounts are accurate (I would guess they are) but it seems pretty poor that the state broadcaster seeks no feedback from its audience. I wonder if anyone knows who produces the shows as I have written to a BBC producer before and he was helpful in responding to a complaint. However Sportsound get away with absolute murder seeing as Div is a fairly regular appeared on Tam and Stuarts show perhaps he could be raise the concerns of the pie and Bovril faithful about the state of its show, it would probably be the last show he was invited on but I think just now the complaints are to easy to hide from and the management will keep paying Chick Young, Pat Bonnar, Scott McDonald and the rest of the dribbling morons who can't string a sentence together.