Sportsound Watch

47 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Obvious in what way ?

McKenna can defend.

Arguably from what I have seen in his limited time at AFC Devlin is right up there too.

Souttar can obviously defend as well. I'd say his positioning and anticipation is far ahead of McKenna but a lot of that will be due to McKenna's lack of experience. Time could see him develop those attributes to a decent level. He's a physical monster for sure and has an aggressive mentality which can go a long way in Scotland.

You have to remember that Souttar has been playing frequently since he was 18 or so and has a lot more games under his belt. So it's no wonder he's currently better than McKenna as it takes time to learn how to defend in in-game situations.

McKenna has played well against the bottom six sides but has struggled hugely against better opposition on most occasions. 

Edited by Forest of Dean

3 minutes ago, Darren said:

Hendry still strikes me as a weird signing for Celtic. McKenna and Souttar are both younger and better.

Anyone from the city of Dundee is given up to Celtic without a fight. In January, McKenna had played very little first team football for Aberdeen. Souttar is error strewn.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Anyone from the city of Dundee is given up to Celtic without a fight. In January, McKenna had played very little first team football for Aberdeen. Souttar is error strewn.

McKenna has made huge errors in the big games. In fact in almost every big game he's played in. Motherwell semi-final he was woeful, made costly mistakes against Burnley (what is he doing for their goal at their place) and he's been somewhere between total rubbish and below average whenever he's played against Rangers.

2 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

McKenna has made huge errors in the big games. In fact in almost every big game he's played in. Motherwell semi-final he was woeful, made costly mistakes against Burnley (what is he doing for their goal at their place) and he's been somewhere between total rubbish and below average whenever he's played against Rangers.

That’s great. It means no one will want to take him away.

I have no horse in the race really, and nothing against Souttar but I recall asking in a match thread last season whether he was actually anywhere near as good as the hype, since literally every time I have watched him, he has had at least 1 clanger per game.

Genuinely I have never watched him love and he hasnt made a c**t of something.

He must have something about him, but it will need to be a lot to compensate for his calamity levels

His errors have been far less frequent since Levein took responsibility for sorting out the defence.

How much of that is down to him improving and how much is due to playing alongside Berra is something we’re going to soon be in a better place to judge.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I have no horse in the race really, and nothing against Souttar but I recall asking in a match thread last season whether he was actually anywhere near as good as the hype, since literally every time I have watched him, he has had at least 1 clanger per game.

Genuinely I have never watched him love and he hasnt made a c**t of something.

He must have something about him, but it will need to be a lot to compensate for his calamity levels

Perv.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Error-strewn is completely overblown. He improved a lot last season and seems to be getting better. He'll go on to have a better career than Hendry and McKenna.

Commons jumped the shark last night with his 'McKenna would cost £10 million' assertion after saying he'd take at least two years to settle at Celtic. 

An absolute weapon. It appears he's attempting to take a leaf out of Sutton's book but with none of the mischievousness.

10 minutes ago, Austin McCann said:

I don't get it with McKenna, aye good prospect but £10 million :lol:. When i think of him i can't help but think of his performance in the Motherwell Scottish cup semi. Bombscare

A player is always worth what,

a) any club is willing to pay, 

and

b)  what the selling club is willing to accept.

I don't get it with McKenna, aye good prospect but £10 million :lol:. When i think of him i can't help but think of his performance in the Motherwell Scottish cup semi. Bombscare

Read the Aberdeen thread.

We don’t want to sell. We know fine well we’re unlikely to be offered that much. But unless a club stumps up we neither want nor encourage bids for him. Hence the price tag.

WTF is it with everyone ?

It’s not difficult.

He is not for sale

We don’t want to sell him.

He has no intention in leaving.

He is on a 5 year deal.

Anyone want him, it will take a ridiculous offer.

FFS. It’s not that difficult to understand.

9 hours ago, G-MAN said:

WTF is it with everyone ?

It’s not difficult.

He is not for sale

We don’t want to sell him.

He has no intention in leaving.

He is on a 5 year deal.

Anyone want him, it will take a ridiculous offer.

FFS. It’s not that difficult to understand.

Parklife

I've absolutely no idea why I tolerated the midweek show for so long, but I'm done with it. It isn't a show for Scottish football fans and it isn't a show about Scottish football. It's not aimed at people like me (fans of Scottish football) so it isn't for me.

By Sportsounds normal standards I thought Steven Naismith turned out to be a pretty reasonable guest last night. He wasn’t helped by being alongside David Currie, Stephen McManus and John Hughes, so the general level of conversation was woeful.

However, I thought Naismith himself was fine. He didn’t offer anything particularly interesting, and probably still doesn’t deserve to be a regular guest, but he was miles ahead of the likes of Commons and Scott McDonald. He seemed happy to talk as much about his time at Hearts, Everton and the national side, as he was about his time with Rangers (unlike most ex-old firm players). Maybe the fact he’s not massively popular with Rangers fan for the way he left helps.

Overall though the podcast was largely pointless, with nothing of any consequence said in an hour long show. David Currie is a woeful host who seems to make light of the actual news (eg Gary Holt agreeing to take over at Livingston) so he can get back to inane chat with his guests. Surely they can find someone in between Kenny Macintyre’s tabloid nonsense and Currie’s borefest?

Edited by Jaggy Snake

21 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

By Sportsounds normal standards I thought Steven Naismith turned out to be a pretty reasonable guest last night. He wasn’t helped by being alongside David Currie, Stephen McManus and John Hughes, so the general level of conversation was woeful.

However, I thought Naismith himself was fine. He didn’t offer anything particularly interesting, and probably still doesn’t deserve to be a regular guest, but he was miles ahead of the likes of Commons and Scott McDonald. He seemed happy to talk as much about his time at Hearts, Everton and the national side, as he was about his time with Rangers (unlike most ex-old firm players). Maybe the fact he’s not massively popular with Rangers fan for the way he left helps.

Overall the podcast though was largely pointless, with nothing on any consequence said in an hour long show. David Currie is a woeful host who seems to make light of the actual news (eg Gary Holt agreeing to take over at Livingston) so he can get back to inane chat with his guests. Surely they can find someone in between Kenny Mcintyre’s tabloid nonsense and Currie’s borefest?

I totally agree with you. As a fan in Scottish football, I have to listen to this, although I know that  most of it is poor quality. Last night’s show was just nothing. It was all about nothing. I agree that Naismith was ok, but he spent the entire hour using nicknames for every player that he mentioned. David Currie is a huge bugbear of mine. He knows so little about Scottish football, he treats everything as a joke and he’s the worst presenter employed by BBC Scotland bar none. But, just like I have to watch any Scottish game on TV, I am drawn to Sportsound for every show, usually on the Podcast.