Sportsound Watch

I wasn't trying to trick folk. I posted it to highlight how shit their coverage is.

I doubt they could name most of the teams in Leagues 1 and 2, unless a former Celtic, Rangers or Sevco player plays for them or is involved in coaching or management

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I wasn't trying to trick folk. I posted it to highlight how shit their coverage is.

I doubt they could name most of the teams in Leagues 1 and 2, unless a former Celtic, Rangers or Sevco player plays for them or is involved in coaching or management

Spot on

40 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Sportsound could be really good, they just need to empty all the folk who can’t speak and have no insight. If you kept on Tam McManus, Richard Gordon, Tom English, Steven Thompson and added a few other quality sports journalists then it would be a good programme. However as long as you have dribbling morons such as Scott McDonald Willie Miller et al then it will continue to be useless.

This is true.

It can be a decent programme on its day and it used to be so, much more frequently than is now the case.  The problem with the weekend shows is that too many of the pundits are inarticulate and are not prepared to make the effort required to gain or offer insight.

The midweek programmes are poor because of the tabloid approach adopted and again because of the quality of the guests.  Treating us to what Barry Ferguson or Alex Rae 'thinks' cannot possibly result in an illuminating or thought provoking production.

I don't think it's just a sliding deterioration though; I think it's been a very deliberate decision to take Sportsound sharply downmarket.  It's a shame.

Charlie Adam - clown

Although he gets on my thruppennies, Willie Miller was great - said that The Rangers should be a bit respectful, particularly of Aberdeen and show a bit of humility.

He then fucked it completely by telling the nation that Rangers went into administration

facepalm.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Cumdog35 said:

Preston is a fat baldy thumb licking fandango

Relating to paying a fee for Shankland

"I think Hearts can afford to buy players, but dont think Hibs can" 

Hmm, 13700 STs, £750k plus gate money for the Euro games, probable £2.5m net for McGinn

Aye fatso, we are skint right enough - what a slavering fandango

31 minutes ago, bennett said:

Our old friend Hugh Mility again and apparently Sevco are being disrespectful.....

Not sure what we've done this time to merit such an onslaught.

On this occasion, I actually agree.

It was Adam that was blethering, and the BBC that afforded him the platform, seeing fit even to lead on their website with this ill informed rubbish.

Rangers themselves, weren't really involved here.

21 minutes ago, Cumdog35 said:

Preston is a fat baldy thumb licking fandango

16 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Relating to paying a fee for Shankland

"I think Hearts can afford to buy players, but dont think Hibs can" 

Hmm, 13700 STs, £750k plus gate money for the Euro games, probable £2.5m net for McGinn

Aye fatso, we are skint right enough - what a slavering fandango

wtf I like Allan Preston now

On this occasion, I actually agree.
It was Adam that was blethering, and the BBC that afforded him the platform, seeing fit even to lead on their website with this ill informed rubbish.
Rangers themselves, weren't really involved here.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Adam wasn’t even aware of signings etc made by rangers. Just playing standard rangers interview bingo.

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if Adam wasn’t even aware of signings etc made by rangers. Just playing standard rangers interview bingo.

His insight was basically that Gerrard was a talented, motivated player, so Rangers are bound to become that type of team. 

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

His insight was basically that Gerrard was a talented, motivated player, so Rangers are bound to become that type of team. 

I liked Billy Dodds basically saying he was angling for a move to Rangers after what he said.