Sportsound Watch

Billy Dodds called Lukaku "Roman Lukaku" twice during the 20 odd minutes I head of the coverage of the Scotland game tonight. Gave him the benefit of the doubt first time but definitely called him that second time. Wish I could be as shit at my job and keep it.

John Hughes on and he doesn't know too much about David Turnbull, "I haven't watched him", "What position is his best", "He should sign for Celtic and wages will come"

Absolute joke for a guest

/He just added if the Old Firm come calling you have to go

Promoting the death of young players careers and getting paid for it

1 minute ago, scoobles said:

John Hughes on and he doesn't know too much about David Turnbull, "I haven't watched him", "What position is his best", "He should sign for Celtic and wages will come"

Yogi has Turnbull as a Celtic fan, that was a quick turnaround

Edited by ropy

On 6/15/2019 at 15:11, scoobles said:

/He just added if the Old Firm come calling you have to go

Promoting the death of young players careers and getting paid for it

He's got form for this:

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/inverness-ct-boss-john-hughes-tips-celtics-ryan-christie-for-scotland-call-152181/

"I was thrilled to see Ryan come on for Celtic on Saturday. I take great pride in seeing him wear the Hoops. He’s a wonderful footballer."

*boak*

From the dinosaurs churned out at Largs in the 80's and 90' (who have overseen Scotland not qualify for a tournament for over 20 years due to their utter shite coaching), almost all of them would tell a young kid, or indeed any player playing in Scotland, that moving to Celtic or Rangers would be the best thing for them.

It's usually the complete opposite.

Hard to credit that the producers and presenters can’t see that Hughes adds nothing whatsoever to the discussions.  And makes a fool of himself whenever he tries to be serious. Such as his attempts on Saturday to describe Shelly Kerr’s preparation as meticulous, which he mispronounced twice in quick succession so as to rhyme with Nicklaus (as in golfing great, Jack).

Hard to credit that the producers and presenters can’t see that Hughes adds nothing whatsoever to the discussions.  And makes a fool of himself whenever he tries to be serious. Such as his attempts on Saturday to describe Shelly Kerr’s preparation as meticulous, which he mispronounced twice in quick succession so as to rhyme with Nicklaus (as in golfing great, Jack).

Meticklaus ?
Fuxake..........🤷‍♂️

Kieran Tierney hype train on Sportsound there. James McFadden being the thickest of the bunch.

"Ah think it would need to take someone who's gonnae to compete for the title in England or compete for the Champions League fur him to leave" 

"Ah don't think Arsenal would blow him away"

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Guest JTS98
18 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Kieran Tierney hype train on Sportsound there. James McFadden being the thickest of the bunch.

"Ah think it would need to take someone who's gonnae to compete for the title in England or compete for the Champions League fur him to leave" 

"Ah don't think Arsenal would blow him away"

Aye. Carrying on playing for Celtic against Hearts, Ross County, Motherwell etc and working under ex-Bolton and Hibs manager Neil Lennon is obviously hard to give up. Especially when all that is on offer is moving to London, becoming a multi-millionaire, playing against some of the best players in the world on a regular basis for a club that played in a European final a few weeks ago under a manager who has won three European trophies.

Anyone Scot over the age of 35 involved in Scottish football is a bad idiot.

Fucking brainwashed by the media and their peers that Celtic and Rangers are the be all and end in football.  

'Look at aww the titles Scott Brown has won'.  Aye in a 2 horse race where for about 75% of it, one horse wasn't running.  Complete lack of reasoned thinking or objectivity. 

18 minutes ago, scoobles said:

Off the Ball usually gets stick but the guest today was superb. Jed somebody.
Encyclopedic knowledge of Scottish fitba from 1800s to today.
Great listening

Went a bit off the rails with his calls for a 100,000 capacity Hampden though...

Guest JTS98
On 24/06/2019 at 23:24, TheScarf said:

Anyone Scot over the age of 35 involved in Scottish football is a bad idiot.

Fucking brainwashed by the media and their peers that Celtic and Rangers are the be all and end in football.  

'Look at aww the titles Scott Brown has won'.  Aye in a 2 horse race where for about 75% of it, one horse wasn't running.  Complete lack of reasoned thinking or objectivity. 

I find the Scott Brown stuff bizarre. I know the media have to talk things up and alienating the Celtic support as a block is unwise for any media organisation.

But Brown has played for Celtic in literally the easiest spell in history to do so. His achievements in Scottish football are basically par for the course given the circumstances and his achievements outwith Scottish football are essentially nil.

1 hour ago, scoobles said:

Off the Ball usually gets stick but the guest today was superb. Jed somebody.
Encyclopedic knowledge of Scottish fitba from 1800s to today.
Great listening

Thought he was trying way too hard to please the punters myself.

As for Sportsound, heard Yogi talk some mince then Leanne Crichton come out with some bland, predictable comments, as per, and decided to switch off. A wise move I reckon.