Sportsound Watch

17 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

There was folk on Radio Scotland (probably Chick Young) calling for Paul Hartley to get the Hearts job when Cathro got sacked.  Same goes for the ones calling for Barry Ferguson to get the Rangers job, despite being sacked by Clyde a few months earlier.  

Chick Young calling for Jim Duffy to be considered for the Scotland job is the one I always remember. Can't remember if it was before or after he got punted from Morton but either way, f**k!

24 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Chick Young calling for Jim Duffy to be considered for the Scotland job is the one I always remember. Can't remember if it was before or after he got punted from Morton but either way, f**k!

Chick Young's opinions should be filed next to the idea for nuclear powered aircraft......in the fucking bin.

In fact, get Chick Young in the fucking sea.

Yes, nuclear powered aircraft was an idea:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear-powered_aircraft

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Looking forward to the usual cronies and boys lamenting the fall of their pal McLeish and wailing about how unfair it all is and that he deserved more time.

Thankfully Willie Miller's laments will hopefully be drowned out by Michael Stewart.

ETA - "McLeish should have been given at least one campaign to prove himself."

30 seconds later - "Listen I'm not here to put a case forward for Alex McLeish"

Fucking hell.

Edited by BoydiesBelly

"McLeish got us to the playoffs so he deserves to be manager for them!"

The argument of only the most abhorrently stupid, so no shock to hear it was John Hughes who came out with it tonight.

Edited by DA Baracus

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

"McLeish got us to the playoffs so he deserves to be manager for them!"

The argument of only the most abhorrently stupid, so no shock to hear it was John Hughes who came out with it tonight.

From the c**t that won a cup with an inherited team.  Fucking clown.

Some top shouts tonight from the gurgling fools they had on as guests.

Derek Ferguson suggested his wee pal John Robertson for the Scotland job.

Jim Duffy and Peter Houston think Scot Gemmill and Malkkkay Mackay should get it on an interim basis at least, as apparently both are good coaches, know the players, have been around the set up and are doing good jobs in their current roles.

Edited by DA Baracus

Oh and a foreign manager, which to be fair none of them ruled out, would apparently not know the players enough for the next two games.

Which reminds me, a guy at work genuinely said we shouldn't go for a foreign manager because it never worked with Vogts. I replied that we should then never again appoint a Scottish manager given how many have failed.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

'Biscuits' suggested his wee pal John Robertson for the Scotland job.

Was Derek Ferguson, but doesn't make the suggestion any less mental. But him and his wife decided out in the garden that Robbo is the best man so that's it settled as far as I'm concerned. 

10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Vogts was more successful than pretty much every manager since.

In terms of getting us to the playoffs only, in which he's now been matched by McLeish.

In terms of win percentage only Burley has been worse since.

In fact in the entire history of the national team only Dawson Walker (6 games in charge), Andy Beattie (12 games in charge), John Prentice (4 games in charge), Tommy Burns (1 game in charge), George Burley (14) and Malkay Mackay (1) have a worse win percentage that Vogts (31).

Shockingly Packie Bonner said that because McLeish got us to the playoffs he should have been allowed to stay on for them. He also argued it was an achievement to get us to the playoffs by stating that Ireland never managed it.

Dodds said McLeish should have gotten a couple more games but then actually went on to speak sense by saying the SFA shouldn't go for the cheap option (Gemmil and/or Makay) and backed Clarke. He also mentioned 'health issues' about McLeish but never elaborated.

19 hours ago, BoydiesBelly said:

Was Derek Ferguson, but doesn't make the suggestion any less mental. But him and his wife decided out in the garden that Robbo is the best man so that's it settled as far as I'm concerned. 

Heard a wee bit of Sportsound last night when Jim Duffy mentioned that Chic Young had been talking him up about the Scotland job before McLeish became manager.

He said this was 'unrealistic' and obviously felt Young's comments were a bit cringeworthy.   Likewise here.

As for Packie gibbering on about McLeish's fantastic achievement in topping a group with Israel and Albania, I turned over to Clyde, which incredibly enough is becoming preferable to Sportsound nowadays, which really is damning with faint praise.