Sportsound Watch

5 minutes ago, Green Day said:

.......or, in the real world, its about all of these things, but we all know that the one issue which is most prevalent and causes the most problems will be the one which is not acted upon - which is exactly why the Ayr Utd director said that no sensible club director would vote for SL until and unless it is clear what the implications are.

So, if Hibs are deducted 3 points for one arsehole jumping on to kick the ball away from Tavernier, what is the punishment for 4000 of your neanderthal fans singing sectarian songs?

Relegation?

It's clearly wrong for one of your fans to 'square up' to Tavernier and Hibs should be liable for that in SL terms.  What is less clear, as raised by @craigkillieis, "How can strict liability for singing possibly exist without a clear idea of what is and isn't acceptable?"

You skated over this and 'sectarian songs' is an impoverished reply.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

It's clearly wrong for one of your fans to 'square up' to Tavernier and Hibs should be liable for that in SL terms.  What is less clear, as raised by @craigkillieis, "How can strict liability for singing possibly exist without a clear idea of what is and isn't acceptable?"

You skated over this and 'sectarian songs' is an impoverished reply.

Ok. Your fans sang multiple times about Neil Lennon being a ****** b*****d. Your fans sang multiple times about Alan Stubbs being a ****** b*****d.

I think they are not acceptable. What's your opinion?

7 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Ok. Your fans sang multiple times about Neil Lennon being a ****** b*****d. Your fans sang multiple times about Alan Stubbs being a ****** b*****d.

I think they are not acceptable. What's your opinion?

Clearly unacceptable.  How about me being called an Or Bas on P&B?  How about me being called a H** b*****d on P&B?  Acceptable?

Apart from my agreement with the Killie chap I referred to we both post on a forum which is very tolerant of unacceptable language.  What issues have you with this?  Have you any desire to clean up P&B?

Edited by The_Kincardine

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Clearly unacceptable.  How about me being called an Or Bas on P&B?  How about me being called a H** b*****d on P&B?  Acceptable?

Apart from my agreement with the Killie chap I referred to we both post on a forum which is very tolerant of unacceptable language.  What issues have you with this?  Have you any desire to clean up P&B?

I'm a bit unclear on your line of questioning - is anyone looking to clean up p&b? Are the mods suggesting strict liability?

You need to stay off the gin.

It's nice you think these songs are unacceptable, so I guess you can answer what penalties would be appropriate now.

15 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

This is the worst "non-Celtic" attempt at drawing a parallel I've seen on p&b this season.

This is a sensible point but you won't get any sort of reasonable answer.  If I read back through the past few pages the notion of SL seems to be about a few Rangers songs/chants and absolutely nothing to do with fans of diddy clubs behaving in a racists/violent/abuse manner as we've seen of late.

Perhaps because everyone is already in agreement that such arseholery should be punished, whereas there's a good few on here who think it should be okay to promote sectarianism.

On 09/04/2019 at 19:16, bennett said:

Can you give examples of Sevco encouraging sectarianism?

As mentioned, the Orange strip is a clear example of just that.  If you're being honest, you'll concede that.

The on going dispute with the BBC is also an example of it.  We both know how it came about and that it amounts to yet another example of encouraging the behaviour they objected to seeing reported.  

Both OF clubs could make much greater steps to disenfranchise those who behave unacceptably, but they don't want to.  

I'm afraid it's that simple.

On 09/04/2019 at 19:16, bennett said:

Can you give examples of Sevco encouraging sectarianism?

The most obvious one is still ongoing. Rangers have stopped an employee of the BBC carrying out his job, by banning him from doing this within Ibrox, for accurately reporting that Rangers supporters were arrested for sectarian singing. 

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

As mentioned, the Orange strip is a clear example of just that.  If you're being honest, you'll concede that.

The on going dispute with the BBC is also an example of it.  We both know how it came about and that it amounts to yet another example of encouraging the behaviour they objected to seeing reported.  

Both OF clubs could make much greater steps to disenfranchise those who behave unacceptably, but they don't want to.  

I'm afraid it's that simple.

I'm not going to spend the next few days repeating the same posts over and over again Monks...

Just out of interest, why do Rangers have two different orange tops this year (one away/change shirt and one goalkeeper top)? Of all the colours they had to pick, why that one? And why pick it twice?!

I do recollect them having an orange top years ago but that was in acknowledgment of the Dutch players they had at that time (or so they said). They dropped very quickly too as I recall for some reason.

Was there not a list published that said *** was acceptable? It even had some thing like Ginger on it as an insult iirc!

Are they ripping that *** isn't on the list, or is this just actual adults having a fucking a wee boop at a big boy calling them a bad name?

The lives some of these c***s must live.

On 11/04/2019 at 03:56, Highland Capital said:

Just out of interest, why do Rangers have two different orange tops this year (one away/change shirt and one goalkeeper top)? Of all the colours they had to pick, why that one? And why pick it twice?!

I do recollect them having an orange top years ago but that was in acknowledgment of the Dutch players they had at that time (or so they said). They dropped very quickly too as I recall for some reason.

I don't think anyone claimed the Orange strip was in honour of the Dutch players, did they?

I recall a senior board figure acknowledging at an AGM or something, that commercially, the Orange strip was a huge success, but there were some reservations over it for obvious reasons.

The Dutch thing concerned the despicable mode of dress adopted by their fans for the 2000 Cup final against Aberdeen (not Celtic).  This was supposedly about honouring the players from the Netherlands, but clearly only caught fire as an idea due to the appeal of being able to (legitimately) display trappings of bigotry.  It was genuinely sickening and depressing.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

8 hours ago, bennett said:

I'm not going to spend the next few days repeating the same posts over and over again Monks...

Don't be daft Bennett.

You asked a question and it received some answers, mine reflecting my late arrival at the party.

Why not tackle each of the specifics in it?

47 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The Dutch thing concerned the despicable mode of dress adopted by their fans for the 2000 Cup final against Aberdeen (not Celtic).  

Was that the match where Jim Leighton got knocked out and Robbie Winters had to go in goals, wearing Ryan Esson's kit?