Sportsound Watch

33 minutes ago, killiemilan said:

Chatting about the Scotland debacle Preston suggests that the "big" teams Celtic,Rangers,Hibs and Hearts should be allowed colt teams in the lower leagues cos it works well for the Spanish. Yogi had a different thought suggesting players should do their apprenticeship at clubs like Livi but only when they sign for a Rangers or Celtic should they get a call up for Scotland. Oh dear.

That seemed to be the policy when I was growing up.

Some dreadful commentary in the first half. It took a minute to determine whether there was a penalty at Kilmarnock.

They seemingly have no interest in saying which team has the chance.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Can there be a bigger bell-end in all the universe than Peter Houston?
Last night, he kept referring to football people like him realising we can't expect to beat Cyprus 9-0, but that the rest of us will be expecting just that.  He referred to us doing that "30 years ago".  In fact, we beat them 8-0 fully 50 years ago.
He also thought we'd drawn with Lichtenstein in that awful performance under Levein at Hampden.  Houston was assistant manager at the time.
I'm sick of listening to people brought in for their expertise, who are less well informed than most of their audience.  Houston is a cretin.

A bizarre statement for Houston to make, as “30 years ago” almost to the month, we needed an injury time winner from Richard Gough to scrape a 3-2 win against Cyprus.

2 hours ago, CHOW87 said:

A bizarre statement for Houston to make, as “30 years ago” almost to the month, we needed an injury time winner from Richard Gough to scrape a 3-2 win against Cyprus.

Indeed.

The presenter even tried to shoehorn that in, but no apparently we're all expecting, nay demanding, a repeat of what happened half a century ago.  

Fortunately though, football people like Houston know better, and can steer us towards a path of sanity.

4 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Some dreadful commentary in the first half. It took a minute to determine whether there was a penalty at Kilmarnock.

They seemingly have no interest in saying which team has the chance.

This drives me mad.

Given the nature of the role, there are surely essential bits of information that need imparted.  The number of times you get an excited interjection that leaves you none the wiser, is ridiculous.

Yesterday they were discussing the fact that away fans in the old firm games now only get 800 tickets.

They said it took away from the atmosphere and Neil McCann talked about how good for him it was to run out at Celtic Park and see thousands of fans of the dead club.

They danced around the issue that it was Sevco who started it with their petulant wee stance, with comments like “Regardless of who started it”.

One of them should have just called Sevco out on it, but as usual they were either all too afraid or too sycophantic.

I got to my car at just after 20 past 5 on Saturday after the Cowden game and put Sportsound on to get a round up.  What's on? An interview with Neil Lennon before chatting to Pat Bonnar about tomorrows game.

Fanfuckingtastic.

'Packie' is on form tonight.
He believes Kearney has done a good job at St Mirren.
He also said that he believes St Mirren will probably have to play Hamilton after the split.

I’m genuinely surprised that he knows who the St Mirren manager is.

How is Bonner employed for the radio? The amount of times he's just screamed 'A CHANCE!' and then said nothing besides gutteral groans for the next few seconds and Richard Gordon has to take over actually describing what's happening is ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, David W said:

I think they're trying to close the station completely; Liam Macleod, John Hughes and Allan Preston on the derby is absolute ear cancer.

Indeed.  "Great ball shroo from Ikipooza"....  If nothing else they should turn down Yogi's mic, as he is LOUD as well as thick as mince.