Sportsound Watch

Aye I thought as much. Just wow.
Great comeback mate. As I said before I'm not against 3g pitches just putting the other side of the argument across.

Interesting though that in the Dutch league they decided recently to phase out 3g pitches in top flight matches so it's not just in Scotland there is resistance to the surface.

On 21/03/2019 at 13:36, ftk said:

Training you don't need to go into tackles 100% if you don't want to.  

Jamie Adams has had problems with his knees for years and says his body feels far worse after playing on the 3g than grass.

I'm no expert on the matter by any means and don't mind 3g pitches at all especially in the lower levels. I think most players will agree though that grass is the their preferred surface as 3g pitches are generally not as soft as grass and harder on the joints. This results in more injuries and longer time to recover after games. Don't think there is any official research or data to back this up though.

Can you please explain why a tackle is different on 3/4G to grass? Other aspects are quite obviously different but my uneducated mind fails to see the difference in tackles especially when talking about differences of training v competitive matches.

2 hours ago, ftk said:

Great comeback mate. As I said before I'm not against 3g pitches just putting the other side of the argument across.

Interesting though that in the Dutch league they decided recently to phase out 3g pitches in top flight matches so it's not just in Scotland there is resistance to the surface.

Not really a comeback tbthwy, just remarking on how unashamedly unresearched your view was.

Not really a comeback tbthwy, just remarking on how unashamedly unresearched your view was.
If you actually read it again a few times hopefully you'll grasp the fact it isn't my view but the view of the majority of players in the Scottish premiership 🤣

And the view of the majority of top leagues in Europe!

Guest Moomintroll
Craig Brown seemed really touchy and Kenny Miller comes across as an argumentative arsehole. 
Grass is green , when it is not obscured by clouds, the sky from our perspective appears to be blue.

11 hours ago, killiemilan said:

Can you please explain why a tackle is different on 3/4G to grass? Other aspects are quite obviously different but my uneducated mind fails to see the difference in tackles especially when talking about differences of training v competitive matches.

What other aspects are quite obvious different?

If you actually read it again a few times hopefully you'll grasp the fact it isn't my view but the view of the majority of players in the Scottish premiership 🤣

And the view of the majority of top leagues in Europe!

The vast majority of professional football players are absolute morons, whose opinions on anything other than how to kick a ball should be safely filed in the bin where they belong.

"Connah's Quay manager is from Inverness, growing up nearby in the village of Kinlochbervie"

Ah yes, KLB.  Only a 95 mile hop, skip and jump over the Kessock Bridge. 

Banchory is closer to Inverness FFS.

15 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

"Connah's Quay manager is from Inverness, growing up nearby in the village of Kinlochbervie"

Ah yes, KLB.  Only a 95 mile hop, skip and jump over the Kessock Bridge. 

Banchory is closer to Inverness FFS.

Up there's north of Cameron House hotel. They won't have clue.

Ireland scraping past Gibraltar. Cue all the so called experts telling us there's no easy games at international level despite someone else getting a 7-1 scudding.

Excuses, that's all we've had since 98. Excuses for failure.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Ireland scraping past Gibraltar. Cue all the so called experts telling us there's no easy games at international level despite someone else getting a 7-1 scudding.

Excuses, that's all we've had since 98. Excuses for failure.

Brazil 1-1 Panama :lol:

13 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

There was a full card in Leagues 1 and 2, yet they didn't have a reporter at a single game in those leagues. Why?

I imagine the people who produce Sportsound see League 1 and 2 as the equivalent of the Juniors. Probably too busy changing their EPL fantasy teams and looking forward to next weeks Sky Super Sunday to bother reporting on them.