Sportsound Watch

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not sure what’s wrong with that, to be honest. Seems to me that that’s what clubs should be doing. It won’t happen, but it’s a good idea. 

Unilaterally?

Because thats what he suggested.

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

Willie Miller jumped the shark tonight over the bottle thrown at Scott Sinclair :lol:

Surely Willie is too auld to be jumping sharks....

13 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Unilaterally?

Because thats what he suggested.

Why not. Somebody needs to show that they have Scottish football at heart rather than just their own club. Dave King could be the first.

On 06/03/2019 at 18:45, DA Baracus said:

Hysteria being ramped up tonight.

Apparently loads of grounds in Scotland are huge death traps.

I'm sure I heard on Reporting Scotland on Wednesday that a local authority with only one stadium in it hadn't issued a safety certificate for 19 years. I thought the "one stadium" thing might have narrowed it down but there's quite a few of the 32 authorities with only one. 

1 minute ago, The Master said:

I'm sure I heard on Reporting Scotland on Wednesday that a local authority with only one stadium in it hadn't issued a safety certificate for 19 years. I thought the "one stadium" thing might have narrowed it down but there's quite a few of the 32 authorities with only one. 

Regardless of which ground it is, it can't be that unsafe given it gets used so frequently and we've not heard of any incidents 

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Regardless of which ground it is, it can't be that unsafe given it gets used so frequently and we've not heard of any incidents 

You can't rely on continued use without incident as a way of saying something is "safe".  Take the Valley Parade fire: years without incident, but a proper (by today's standards) safety inspection would have highlighted the danger of rubbish accumulating under a wooden stand, where people were allow to smoke. 

I'm not suggesting that's the case with this or any other stadium, and I agree there's quite a bit of hysteria over this report. But it is right that there's proper inspections done on a regular basis.

51 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Willie Miller said something like Sinclair could have been killed by the bottle!

Also he turned off the 99 champions League final?

After last week they revealed John Robertson doesnt like music, I don't know which ones of these weirdos are worse.

You don’t think that someone could be killed by getting hit on the wrong part of their head with a half bottle?

On 07/03/2019 at 08:30, tarapoa said:

I was, but drew the line at him ever being a candidate for managing my club......

Aye , Yogi always struck me as being great company for going for a pint , but I didn’t want him as our manager.

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You don’t think that someone could be killed by getting hit on the wrong part of their head with a half bottle?

The skull is designed to withstand heavy impacts to protect the brain within.............which is why Willie Miller wakes up every Saturday morning and hits his head off a brick wall several times before travelling to do Sportsound and shows no ill effects.

You can't rely on continued use without incident as a way of saying something is "safe".  Take the Valley Parade fire: years without incident, but a proper (by today's standards) safety inspection would have highlighted the danger of rubbish accumulating under a wooden stand, where people were allow to smoke. 
I'm not suggesting that's the case with this or any other stadium, and I agree there's quite a bit of hysteria over this report. But it is right that there's proper inspections done on a regular basis.

A safety certificate is usually issued at the start of the season so Valley Parade in all likelihood passed.
Having an alleged firestarter as owner possibly didn't help

On 08/03/2019 at 09:39, Steve McQueen said:

Willie Miller said something like Sinclair could have been killed by the bottle!

After last week they revealed John Robertson doesnt like music, I don't know which ones of these weirdos are worse.

Considering the guff that players of his vintage probably listened to, having one less Phil Collins fan in the world is no bad thing.

On 3/8/2019 at 09:39, Steve McQueen said:

What's the issue there? Champions league is a heap o pish, never watch it. 

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

Considering the guff that players of his vintage probably listened to, having one less Phil Collins fan in the world is no bad thing.

As a teenager of the 80s, I can only concur with your assessment there 

He also said that all four of Aberdeen's goals v Rangers (in Glasgow I assume he meant) have been set pieces - thus poor goals from Rangers perspective. Pretty far stretched to claim both goals last night were down to set pieces for f**k sake.

16 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Did Willie Miller say that Scotland hadn't qualified for a major competition in two generations?  Was he in the Dundee studio?

I think he was talking in terms of football careers. A international career last around ten years so in that sense yes it's 2 generation of players. Made sense to me anyway.