Sportsound Watch

19 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It looks like John Hughes is a carer for his younger brother and has taken him out for a wee trip to the football.

With David Tanner.

There is a definite resemblance between Hughes and Rankin. 

If only the same could be said for David Tanner and "a commentator".

47 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Did they mention which ones? And how many deaths per year occur at these grounds?

None mentioned specifically but apparently some councils have been lax with safety certificates or some shite.

Having been to all but 4 grounds in the SPFL, I have of course died many times in them given how dreadfully unsafe they all are. You must remember all those high profile accidents at them all? All those widely reported incidents? Or even all the times on here folk documented their various injuries from these grounds? Or the posts going round social media with the photos and videos of folk being mauled by these grounds?

No? How odd.

They did mention that some lower league clubs were a bit dodgy with their capacities when Sevco were admitted to League 2 (since they were a new club) and worked their way up. I think one game had to be postponed because the home club sold more tickets than the capacity allowed! Elgin maybe? Also some clubs chucked up ‘scaffolding’ which seemingly was dodgy to try and cash in on the Sevco mutant horde. I stood on such ‘scaffolding’ at East Fife when we played them and it was fine. They should have kept it. However I do think that being a bit sly with the capacity is dangerous and it’s poor that any club did it. The ‘scaffolding’ isn’t really an issue as long as it’s fit for purpose. I think there were suggestions that some weren’t. Having only experienced one I can’t comment but would agree that it’s poor if clubs were chucking up any old shite

56 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What did he say?

He went off on an absolute heids exploded rant.............because Hibs have said their current CCTV is not good enough and are buying better kit.

Also said - hysterically - that individual club chairmen should decide to have strict liability in their own grounds (i.e. not collectively, that they should - off their own back - say they are liable for everything that happens in their stadium)

Time he was put out to pasture - nae brains

3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

He went off on an absolute heids exploded rant.............because Hibs have said their current CCTV is not good enough and are buying better kit.

Also said - hysterically - that individual club chairmen should decide to have strict liability in their own grounds (i.e. not collectively, that they should - off their own back - say they are liable for everything that happens in their stadium)

Time he was put out to pasture - nae brains

Not sure what’s wrong with that, to be honest. Seems to me that that’s what clubs should be doing. It won’t happen, but it’s a good idea.