Sportsound Watch

On 2/17/2019 at 08:22, Estragon said:

I'm finished with Off the Ball. For good.

The disparity between the boys from The Terrace yesterday compared with Cowan's inane, under-researched, outdated, clichéd drivel was outrageous. 

I've felt it was on the wane for a couple of years, but I felt like a light was shone on it yesterday afternoon and it looked awful. Whether Cosgrove could do something with a different format I don't know, but Tam Cowan is now perhaps the worst thing on Radio Scotland. 

Feel pretty sorry about it, because it's formed a cornerstone of my Saturday routine for more than twenty years, but it's no longer worth listening to. 

The Terrace should be glad nobody owns the copyright on the words "body" or "bodied" or they would all be bankrupt with legal fees.

On 2/18/2019 at 20:45, virginton said:

Sandra Brown.

On 2/18/2019 at 20:48, Patrick Bateman said:

Allan Preston.

On 2/18/2019 at 21:17, kingjoey said:

Kris Commons.

On 2/18/2019 at 22:30, Darren said:

Chick fucking not retired yet Young

Jane Lewis is the correct answer here.

Just now, The Master said:

I wonder who at the BBC decided to have a discussion about referees tonight then thought "Neil McCann, there's someone who will have a nice unbiased view on the topic".

he wants foreign refs.

sums the clown up

16 minutes ago, The Master said:

I wonder who at the BBC decided to have a discussion about referees tonight then thought "Neil McCann, there's someone who will have a nice unbiased view on the topic".

15 minutes ago, flood said:

he wants foreign refs.

sums the clown up

I cant imagine it would be a well thought out "debate" regardless, tbh.

Nobody has a fucking clue what foreign refs would be willing to come here every weekend, sometimes midweek too, to ref games, and the notion we'd be able to afford English refs is absolutely laughable.

Quite enjoyed Michael Stewart showing he's an absolute idiot the other night, too. 

On Kris Boyd being hit with a coin "something has to be done, we can't wait until something bad happens before doing something."

on Scott Brown not being sent off "It was just late, everyone says he might have broken a leg but he never so let's not go into hypotheticals with ifs and buts." 

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I cant imagine it would be a well thought out "debate" regardless, tbh.

Nobody has a fucking clue what foreign refs would be willing to come here every weekend, sometimes midweek too, to ref games, and the notion we'd be able to afford English refs is absolutely laughable.

his main reason was that we have foreign coaches and players.......

The idea of having non-Scottish referees is utterly ludicrous. I watch a fair bit of football from around Europe, and overall there is absolutely no difference between Scottish refs and other nationalities. If I was a Scottish referee just now, and my employer came out with the fact that they were thinking about bringing outsiders in, I’d tell them to stuff their job. This is solely to placate the paranoid twosome.

The last time we had referees from elsewhere I remember an interview with one of them where they said they didn't realise the reason the Scottish refs were striking. They thought it was about pay or something similar, and if they'd realised it was because... I don't even know, because Lennon was calling them liars? Whatever it was, they wouldn't have come here. Imagine pitching to a non-Scottish ref about the current farce, see how many would be willing to go for it.