Sportsound Watch

24 minutes ago, A96 said:

Really ? ....watch this , please

hahaha.  That Shinnie tackle was a foul all day.  Probably a booking too.

I agree there were a lot of poor decisions there but was that this year?  also I presume the commentary was from the Aberdeen Times; not every single one was a stonewaller.

2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Didn't Dallas f**k up the penalty in the league cup final then give a phantom penalty for St.Johnstone against Hearts a few days later? It's not like there's only a couple of incidents.

does that not add up to two?

ive already said I don't think the  penalties were all howlers.

I've also heard folk giving him flack over the Gary Harkins red against us.  It was the correct decision.

All that said, I'm not dying on a hill over it being only two!  I just think its being overly scrutinised now because there's bandwagon.

2 minutes ago, tirso said:

does that not add up to two?

ive already said I don't think the  penalties were all howlers.

I've also heard folk giving him flack over the Gary Harkins red against us.  It was the correct decision.

All that said, I'm not dying on a hill over it being only two!  I just think its being overly scrutinised now because there's bandwagon.

Well no added to the others already mentioned it's quite a few in a short space of time.

1 hour ago, tirso said:

Totally agree.  but i was meaning more the vocational  part of the word professional.  

Paid full time to work full time.  I don't see how a referee can really be working full time.  The job  doesn't work like that.

Too be fair I think the referees should do stuff like teaching players the laws of the game - most players clearly don't know all of the laws. I think they should also be all meeting up far more regularly - I would agree that I have no idea what they would do once their career is over but still

4 hours ago, tirso said:

unpopular opinion - the refs generally do ok and in isolation each of those penalties at Ibrox could well have been given by many.  you could even make an argument that he's been stronger for making the decision when other penalties have been given.  why should it matter if there's one, two or three?

Making them professional doesn't work.  What are they going to do all week?   at no point can you recreate that type of decision making.  it's not the same as perfecting your technique crossing a ball.  If anything being in a usually high powered job, lawyer etc is exactly what they need from a pressure point of view.

punishing referees publicly is a sure fire way to stop people getting involved.  they're already punished enough as it is without their employers taking away their backing as well.

Dallas has made two high profile shockers.  That's the sum total.

This post is an inverted shite sandwich, good in the middle, jobbie at each end.

Pat Bonner just being Pat Bonner.

Celtic side jumps off the tonight with no issue but can barely get through the full Hibs side even with the names in front of him.

Followed that up stating Hibs will be a back 4 before then giving 3 names as defenders, 5 in midfield and 2 up top.

Richard Gordon did pick him up on The back 4 reminding him that Lewis Stevenson is a LB. only been playing there for 10+ years Pat.

Rounded it off nicely by saying that it’ll be interesting to see if Hibs can pose a threat but that Celtic are focussed on the big games like the Valencia ones and then Aberdeen, Rangers, Killie & Hearts.

Nothing but contempt for Hibs tonight.

2 hours ago, gkneil said:

Celtic side jumps off the tonight with no issue but can barely get through the full Hibs side even with the names in front of him.

Followed that up stating Hibs will be a back 4 before then giving 3 names as defenders, 5 in midfield and 2 up top.

Richard Gordon did pick him up on The back 4 reminding him that Lewis Stevenson is a LB. only been playing there for 10+ years Pat.

Rounded it off nicely by saying that it’ll be interesting to see if Hibs can pose a threat but that Celtic are focussed on the big games like the Valencia ones and then Aberdeen, Rangers, Killie & Hearts.

Packy Bonner sounds as if he suffers from aphasia,  he's almost unintelligible at times.

After the game he summarised the contributions of Celtic's new signings and then..... nothing. I was left saying to the radio "OK Pat, what about Hibs and their new signings"?

Then Gordon Smith said there had been more pressure on Rangers than Aberdeen as they were trying to maintain a title challenge.

7 hours ago, gkneil said:

Bizarrely he knew a decent wee bit about Hamilton. 

17 hours ago, tirso said:

hahaha.  That Shinnie tackle was a foul all day.  Probably a booking too.

I agree there were a lot of poor decisions there but was that this year?  also I presume the commentary was from the Aberdeen Times; not every single one was a stonewaller.

That game was lasrt season in December 2017.   I wouldn't disagree with you about the Shinnie booking and I think the other bookings of Dons players for fouls shown in that clip were all justified.  But the point is he let an almost incredible amount of similar or worse fouls /challenges by the **** go unpunished.

And that was actually the Rangers TV commentators. Even they couldn't believe it.:angel

11 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

After the game he summarised the contributions of Celtic's new signings and then..... nothing. I was left saying to the radio "OK Pat, what about Hibs and their new signings"?

Then Gordon Smith said there had been more pressure on Rangers than Aberdeen as they were trying to maintain a title challenge.

He then went on about Celtic having a big cup tie at the weekend, do Hibs not? Someone needs to call Bonner up on this shite. People like him and Smith should not be anywhere near a national broadcast.

Willie Miller and Neil McCann both defending Allan McGregor too - Miller's comments in particular were pretty poor.