Sportsound Watch

13 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Willie Miller is really showing himself up here on VAR.

Preston and Dodds are more informed FFS.

He really is clueless, saying that VAR doesn't work in the middle of the pitch - the icing on the cake was Chick chiming in to ask how the referee managed to judge the no goal for Liverpool, seemingly not knowing how GLT works.

Edited by Ginaro

Despite having reporters at all Championship games and at Arbroath there's no Open All Mics option today.

They always do this when the Premiership is on a break and it always annoys me. Why do they refuse to do it?

Edited by DA Baracus

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Despite having reporters at all Championship games there's no Open All Mics option today.

They always do this when the Premiership is on a break and it always annoys me. Why do they refuse to do it?

That's not a bad thing, open all mics is murder.

Thank god Richard Gordon nipped the FA cup chat in the bud, to be honest I don't know why he even gave the scores out? But glad he stopped Alan and Willie discussing Cardiff's laughable result

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Awright.   Thought you would be out for a New Year pint with Beaton.

He's too boisterous once he's had a few and starts belting out the party songs..

The interview with Gary Caldwell today was a new low, from both interviewer and interviewee. 
That was awful. I take it the woman isn't a sports reporter? She kept asking the same question three or four times, asked him about the lack of chances despite Caldwell explaining twice that Falkirk were sitting deep then said at least twice that it was a loss when it was a draw. And it went on for so long there was no time for any other manager interviews. It was a car crash. Truly awful.

1 hour ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Willie miller today, Richard I take it that ICT and ayr united are due to play each other in their game in hand since all other teams have played 20 but they are only on 19.... Incredible

Not specifically aimed at Willie, but today he couldn’t even say how many minutes were left in the game he was at. Amateurism seems to be a prerequisite of the job.

Agreed, the interview with Caldwell was toe-curling. Heather Dewar seems to have a bit of responsibility in BBC Scotland but she seems a bit unstable- I seem to remember reading that she had a few problems in her personal life. Caldwell was just trying to deflect as he’s obviously a dead man walking. 

Edited by The Mantis

On 04/01/2019 at 22:29, RiG said:

Watching a programme on Tommy Burns on Alba and Bonner has just called Pierre van Hooijdonk "van Hooijdink" twice in the space of about 15 seconds. The guy played / coached him and he doesn't know his name. Fucking moron.

Tbf to Bonner that’s quite close for him. I always wonder to myself what Bonner thinks to himself on payday. He must stand at the ATM checking his balance and absolutely pish himself laughing. 

Not as major a gripe as some on here, but the Saturday Sportscene programme today had that whopper David Currie opening the show by talking about Scottish lower leagues AND English Premier league. Why does the EPL need shoehorned in when anyone who actually wants to know about it would already be watching Sky/BT at 16.30. 

12 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
12 hours ago, David W said:
The interview with Gary Caldwell today was a new low, from both interviewer and interviewee. 

That was awful. I take it the woman isn't a sports reporter? She kept asking the same question three or four times, asked him about the lack of chances despite Caldwell explaining twice that Falkirk were sitting deep then said at least twice that it was a loss when it was a draw. And it went on for so long there was no time for any other manager interviews. It was a car crash. Truly awful.

Heather Dewar once admitted on John Beatties show she was involved in a mass orgy!.

anyway she got very little from Caldwell, who was dour and monotone 

25 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

Heather Dewar once admitted on John Beatties show she was involved in a mass orgy!

Eh, whit?

This doesn't really seem to fit the general tone of John Beatties show as I remember it...

Guest Moomintroll
Heather Dewar once admitted on John Beatties show she was involved in a mass orgy!.
anyway she got very little from Caldwell, who was dour and monotone 

Pics or......