Sportsound Watch

I didn't see or hear any of tonight's game but when I saw the result I went to the Sportsound podcast to have a listen to what was being said.

Does anyone else think that Rob Maclean's summary at full-time is a bit...underwhelming? He makes it sound like a routine win with goals spread throughout the game. Certainly not the type of  reaction I'd expect from a 5-0 that was 0-0 with less than 20 minutes to go.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06vn5xw?t=38s (that should take you to the right place).

I didn't see or hear any of tonight's game but when I saw the result I went to the Sportsound podcast to have a listen to what was being said.
Does anyone else think that Rob Maclean's summary at full-time is a bit...underwhelming? He makes it sound like a routine win with goals spread throughout the game. Certainly not the type of  reaction I'd expect from a 5-0 that was 0-0 with less than 20 minutes to go.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06vn5xw?t=38s (that should take you to the right place).

That's just Rob MacLean though. He's like Brendan Rodgers, sounds monochrome and deflated at all times.

I started listening to this just as Livi won the penalty and listened agog( agog i tell you!) as the goals flew in every time Livi went up the pitch for the next eight minutes. But at no time did Rob MacLean or Houston or anybody else mention how close together they came. In the end it was five goals in fourteen minutes and I listened till the end and still this was never mentioned.  They can't have covered many games over the years that had so many goals in such a short period, maybe it's just me but I thought that would have warranted a mention.

11 hours ago, The Master said:

I’ve just listened to the podcast and Rob McLean sounds as if he has put his life savings on a Hearts win. He should’ve have been enthusiastic and buzzing after that second half performance from Livi.

Has anyone on here ever had a full conversation or know James McFadden personally?
I would just like to know if he sounds and comes across as a total idiot in person.
Thanks

Me and a couple of friends sponsored his jersey when he was at Saints. At the end of season meet and greet event for sponsors we were sat with him and he seemed a really nice guy, but by god it must be hard for him to be in that kind of situation with normal football fans-he literally spent the entire event being approached by people asking him about his goal at the Parc des Princes. Same thing over and over again for two hours.

Must have melted his brain somewhere down the line.

42 minutes ago, resk said:

"Fergie, yer boy's been booked!"

Scottish fitba on the radio.....

They don't even attempt to hide that it's a group of of drinking pals miked up and networked by Radio Scotland.

The lack of professional broadcasting standards on that programme now makes it unlistenable.

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve just listened to the podcast and Rob McLean sounds as if he has put his life savings on a Hearts win. He should’ve have been enthusiastic and buzzing after that second half performance from Livi.

McLean on radio or TV nowadays sounds as if he'd rather be somewhere else. We all wish he was. Another wage thief.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Neil McCann on tonight to continue his 'poor me' tour after being on Sky the other week.

Unluckiest manager in history if he is to be believed.

They need to get him and Stevie Aitken on together one night, see who sets record delusion levels first.

Edited by Boghead ranter

Pat Bonner tonight.

"Dundee and Dundee mean a lot to the city"

"Are you telling me that Dundee is a good stadium?"

"Are you saying to me that Tanandice (sic) and Dundee are good stadiums?"

"Go down to the Vauxhall League"  (presumably referring to the National League in England that was last called the Vauxhall Conference in season 1997/98)

"You've actually hit it right on the nail"

Edited by The Master

Pat Bonner tonight.

"Dundee and Dundee mean a lot to the city"

"Are you telling me that Dundee is a good stadium?"

"Are you saying to me that Tanandice (sic) and Dundee are good stadiums?"

"Go down to the Vauxhall League"  (presumably referring to the National League in England that was last called the Vauxhall Conference in season 1997/98)

"You've actually hit it right on the nail"

You're being kind to him by focusing on his slips of the tongue (if he spoke a lot of sense, but mixed up his words, is defend him to the hilt).

But his point is fucking stupid. 'Both Dundee clubs lack the stadium to attract top young players'. What fucking planet is he on? What level of player does he think they're looking to attract? And why the f**k would they care about the stadium?